Cardiff vs LIVERPOOL - Sat 22nd March 2014 - KO 3pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby leeroy74 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:38 am

Image VS Image

OK Fans, we can all relax now, I've started the match thread. I am confident we'll take 3 points from this game as to be honest Cardiff are nothing short of sh!te and will be going down this season.

I think with the fact we have the best front line in the Premier League and their defense is as water tight as a rusty sieve (52 goals against in this season so far) I'll predict, without getting too silly, that it finish...     Cardiff 1 Liverpool 5 (Suarez 2, Sturridge 2, Gerrard pen)

leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:07 pm

Great work Leeroy  :laugh:

I said the United game wouldn't be easy and I was wrong! Stuff the penalties and the goals. Our biggest achievement was restricting United to one shot on goal at Old Trafford. More of the same against Cardiff and we can come away with 3 points. Not so sure about 5-1 but I'm confident we can do Tan's (silly fkr) red army !! Worth remembering who their manager used to play for though...............
Last edited by devaney on Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:16 pm

These have beaten Man City and drawn with the likes of United and Everton on their own patch so I hope the players don't go there with the same lackadaisical attitude that we showed against Hull, if we show these tons of respect and go there with our A game we will beat them but if we think these next two fixtures are a chance to relax and pick up easy points before our next big game against Tottenham then we will come unstuck.
These are in the bottom 3 and fighting for their lives and many a title challenge has been sunk by a relegation threatened side battling for premier league survival, the year City won the title United were beaten by Wigan in the run in, the year we won the double leaders Everton threw away the title at an already relegated Oxford.
As we get closer and closer to the end of the season every game becomes bigger than the previous one so this game is now huge and with Arsenal and Chelsea playing each other it could be absolutely pivotal, losing or drawing is not an option.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:38 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:16 pm wrote:These have beaten Man City and drawn with the likes of United and Everton on their own patch so I hope the players don't go there with the same lackadaisical attitude that we showed against Hull, if we show these tons of respect and go there with our A game we will beat them but if we think these next two fixtures are a chance to relax and pick up easy points before our next big game against Tottenham then we will come unstuck.
These are in the bottom 3 and fighting for their lives and many a title challenge has been sunk by a relegation threatened side battling for premier league survival, the year City won the title United were beaten by Wigan in the run in, the year we won the double leaders Everton threw away the title at an already relegated Oxford.
As we get closer and closer to the end of the season every game becomes bigger than the previous one so this game is now huge and with Arsenal and Chelsea playing each other it could be absolutely pivotal, losing or drawing is not an option.

If i were BR i would make the lads watch the Hull game ,time after time, before any of our away games ,Should do the trick.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby leeroy74 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:20 pm

I think mistakes won't be made. Stevie almost has his hand on a prem.league medal, he can sniff it!
Brendan will set them up to kill Cardiff off early doors.
Suarez wants to make sure for champ.league footie and win the golden boot.
Sturridge just loves to score goals and dance
Henderson is at home now running around the garden cos he actually cant stop.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:17 pm

Points dropped to clubs like this will pretty much destroy any momentum we've got going for us right now. 5 straight wins needs to be 6 this weekend, and we need it to be comfortable.

Our defense has actually shored up a bit. I'll go for our 3rd 3-0 win in a row- Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling.

This is our last of 3 straight away fixtures since the sunderland game was moved.  This means only 3 away games left after this, and none of them are against clubs in the top half of the table.  We show up for those games, and it could come down to us taking care of business at home.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby damjan193 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:25 pm

To be honest I'm more worried about this one than I was for the Manchester one (actually I wasn't even worried for that one). Cardiff are fighting for survival and it's always difficult to play against players that are playing for their lives. Quality is obviously on our side but if they want it more than us then they'll get it. Very much like Hull this game.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:45 pm

This could be a tricky game and it was good to see a few of the players downplaying the Man Utd result and urging focus on the Cardiff match. They're fighting for their lives and will give it their all. However, as someone else said, these are the type of games that make or break title runs. So I'm going for a comfortable 2-0
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:10 pm

We will win again.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:52 am

parchpea » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:10 pm wrote:We will win again.

I think we will too, but it's worth remembering that these won't be any pushovers. I seem to remember that they gave us a tough afternoon at Anfield (when Malchy McKay was on the verge of losing his job) and they were even a bit unlucky in the sense that one or two decisions didn't go their way on the day (like Skrtel having one of their players in a headlock at a corner and nearly ripping the shirt off another players back).
As I said in an earlier post at this stage of the season teams in the bottom 3 are almost as dangerous as teams in the top 4, there are literally hundreds of examples of relegation threatened teams beating top teams in the final few weeks of the season, there is a huge drop in wages from the prem to the championship and you'd be amazed how average players suddenly find that extra yard of pace and that extra ounce of effort when faced with a massive hit to the pocket.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:12 pm

I'm also really not looking forward to playing against Kenwyne Jones again. He always seems to score against us.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:30 pm

We can't underestimate these that's for sure.

But I do think we're in a good position.... if these teams who are fighting for their lives come out and try and have a go at us then it'll play into our hands and we should pick them off on the break.  If they sit back then we have the quality to break them down with our front three.  That's why we're a nightmare to play against this season.... it doesn't matter what your tactics are, we can still hurt you.

The only way we will not win this game is if the players aren't in the right frame of mind for it.  We followed the Everton win up with a poor show and dropped 2 points at West Brom so we need to make sure we're up for this after the elation of beating the scum.

I think the players and Gerrard in particular can smell the chance of a title now and I think they'll get the job done on Saturday.  Suarez is getting the odd goal again after his mini-drought, but you get the feeling he'll hit another purple patch before the season is out and hit a few hat-tricks.... Cardiff would be a start!
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:19 am

We will Win because while we trashed United last week i felt both Suarez and Daniel left the game without the taste of blood (yes Luis scored but due to a lucky pass) ,they will be hungry to score more and a lot more.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby killerp » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:07 am

For once i agree with the ultra optimists, i'm going a thrashing 0-6.

Suarez has a golden boot to win, 3-4 goals for him.
killerp

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:11 am

Not so sure about this one. Really hoping for a win but as some has said, the relegation candidates are gonna be extra motivated. If we win game, that's 3 away games in a row and that's just awesome. I prefer keeping the same team that's been doing well, but just wondering if Sakho is back? Anyone knows?
maypaxvobiscum

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games