Cardiff vs LIVERPOOL - Sat 22nd March 2014 - KO 3pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby parchpea » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:20 am

Poetry in motion and that back heel goal was jaw dropping, you just don't see that
and smashing it over a keeper from the half way line is ordinary by comparison.

What a f@king team we are though, its on big time.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:27 am

Much as I hate to rain on the parade, there's no way we'll waltz through the City or Chelsea defence like that, even if it is at Anfield. Give away goals like that today and we won't score twice as many at the other end.
Yes I'm happy with the win, but bloody nervous about both of those games.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:51 am

The way we started I thought it was going to be Hull all over again.
Great credit to the players though, when they scored to go 2-1 up there have been times in our recent past when that would have been enough for some of our players to think it's not our day and throw the towel in but we rolled our sleeves up and turned the game around.
The comeback was underpinned by 2 very important goals from Skrtel, he weighed in with the second and third goals which were vital at the time.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ethanr » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:24 am

I've seen them play a couple times and have always like Jordon Mutch.  He plays like he's got a lot of experience, and his receding hairline made me think he was about 30, but he's only 22!

6 goals and 5 assists this season, and his first goal against us was actually pretty nice. One to look out for I suppose.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby damjan193 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:00 am

Fckin telepathy that

damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:37 am

bunglemark2 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:27 am wrote:Much as I hate to rain on the parade, there's no way we'll waltz through the City or Chelsea defence like that, even if it is at Anfield. Give away goals like that today and we won't score twice as many at the other end.
Yes I'm happy with the win, but bloody nervous about both of those games.

Relax ,different team ,different ballgame ,different preparation and setup. We will beat those teams but who else will as well? City got 2 killer away games coming up ,if they manage to win them both they will go all the way.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:55 am

Skrtel is fast turning out to be more prolific than Torres, and he can do a bit of defending too
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:14 am

ethanr » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:24 am wrote:I've seen them play a couple times and have always like Jordon Mutch.  He plays like he's got a lot of experience, and his receding hairline made me think he was about 30, but he's only 22!

6 goals and 5 assists this season, and his first goal against us was actually pretty nice. One to look out for I suppose.

Yeah Mutch looks a decent player but the one that really caught my eye was Darley (or something like that), I've never even heard of him before but his close control was exceptional and he threaded one or two really clever passes through our defence, he reminded me a lot of that lad who plays for Dundee United that everyone's raving about Ryan Gauld.
mark my words that lad is going to end up at a big club, when you look at the likes of Gauld and Darley this country (Britain) is starting to produce players with South American technique.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby crazyhorse » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:57 am

Solid win... Keep Suarez and Sturridge fit for the run in and who knows.

With Eto being injured for Chelsea and Negrado firing blanks for city we are in with a shout.

Plus City have to play Arsenal, Manure and us.

We may not win it, but if not our games at home against Chelsea and City will decide who wins in the long run. It's been so long since we were in this position and it's there for the taking with just that bit of belief, application, talent and luck.

Walk on boys!
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:20 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:14 am wrote:
ethanr » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:24 am wrote:I've seen them play a couple times and have always like Jordon Mutch.  He plays like he's got a lot of experience, and his receding hairline made me think he was about 30, but he's only 22!

Yeah Mutch looks a decent player but the one that really caught my eye was Darley (or something like that), I've never even heard of him before but his close control was exceptional and he threaded one or two really clever passes through our defence, he reminded me a lot of that lad who plays for Dundee United that everyone's raving about Ryan Gauld.
mark my words that lad is going to end up at a big club, when you look at the likes of Gauld and Darley this country (Britain) is starting to produce players with South American technique.

Its Daehli mate and he's Norwegian ,but undoubtedly a talent going by his brief performance yesterday .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:53 pm

Well nobody can say we're ever boring ,although the old heart took a bashing when they scored their second ,but fuck me if we're not the best
attacking outfit in the league right now. Thank Christ for our strikeforce ,because without them we're hovering around 'ordinary'.

Sturridge's close control is at times phenomenal ,and his ability to retain the ball and bring others into play is borrowed straight from Suarez ,both are
potent at the minute..... I think both must be on the steds ,because its truly unbelievable how they continually find the reserves of strength required
to drag the rest of the team to greatness.

:buttrock  :buttrock
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:47 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:53 pm wrote: Thank Christ for our strikeforce ,because without them we're hovering around 'ordinary'.

We're all loving what's happening at the club and don't want to pi'ss on the party but I tend to go along with this Red.

Outside of of our strike force although some of the squad are capable of turning in some great performances we have to admit that without the form of our current strike force we'd probably be scrapping for a Uefa spot at best and not a CL place or possible premiership title.

Can only hope that the owners realise that NOW is the time to provide the significant investment required to strengthen the squad, investment that will allow us to push on and reclaim our place amongst Europe's elite.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:31 pm

woof woof ! » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:47 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:53 pm wrote: Thank Christ for our strikeforce ,because without them we're hovering around 'ordinary'.

We're all loving what's happening at the club and don't want to pi'ss on the party but I tend to go along with this Red.

Outside of of our strike force although some of the squad are capable of turning in some great performances we have to admit that without the form of our current strike force we'd probably be scrapping for a Uefa spot at best and not a CL place or possible premiership title.

Can only hope that the owners realise that NOW is the time to provide the significant investment required to strengthen the squad, investment that will allow us to push on and reclaim our place amongst Europe's elite.

I would be more than sated if they could just put the lid on the goals against column mate,and not leave our magical front pairing having to regularly jump start our old tickers with a minor miracle or two .....Getting on now fella ,its scarred enough  :;):
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:21 am

I'd like to thank myself for starting yet another match thread where we went onto to score for fun. I am fuking invincible. I'll start the Sunderland thread right now! If we win every game until the end of the season and win the league I will expect Liverpool to invite me to Anfield as a VIP next season. The full shabang!
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:54 am

woof woof ! » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:47 pm wrote:

Please give BR's system credit ,in any other system under another Manager ,neither Daniel nor Suarez would score as much as they do. Sure we need more Talent on the starting 11 but BR's brilliance is the secret behind our success.
only me
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games