Man Utd vs LIVERPOOL - Sun 16 March 2014 - 13.30 KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:00 pm

stmichael » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:45 pm wrote:
devaney » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:40 pm wrote:I just hope that BR starts with Suarez  Sturridge Coutinho Sterling Gerrard and Henderson. He can do what he likes with the defence. We can win this simply by scoring more goals than United. Couldn't care less if we win 6-5  :laugh:

Coutinho won't start. We'll be unchanged from the Southampton game. Why change a winning team?

Errr Coutinho did start against Southampton. Sterling was dropped.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:01 pm

leeroy74 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:16 am wrote:not really 'back down fighting for a CL spot'...   little dramatic!

We need to win though, not liking these 3 games in hand City have, could do with Spuds beating the gooners too!

Come on Redmen!

Agree with this, I think the race for 4th is all but done, and only a total collapse in form would see us drop out.

However, that’s not to say we’ve got nothing to play for. On the contrary, we should now be looking to secure 3rd and maintain our slim title challenge for as long as possible. Our European ranking is awful and don’t want to risk the CL money on a dodgy qualifying match with the likes of Inter or Leverkusen.

For these reasons alone we must get all three points and I think the lads will be well up for it.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:30 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:00 pm wrote:
stmichael » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:45 pm wrote:
devaney » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:40 pm wrote:I just hope that BR starts with Suarez  Sturridge Coutinho Sterling Gerrard and Henderson. He can do what he likes with the defence. We can win this simply by scoring more goals than United. Couldn't care less if we win 6-5  :laugh:

Coutinho won't start. We'll be unchanged from the Southampton game. Why change a winning team?

Errr Coutinho did start against Southampton. Sterling was dropped.

Good point  :D

I think Sterling will be in for Coutinho.  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby stmichael » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:44 pm

stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby eds » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:40 pm

Is it going too far in saying this is the most important game against the scum in the last 2 decades?

When the difference between winning and losing are poles apart, I think it is.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby devaney » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:52 pm

7_Kewell » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:01 pm wrote:
leeroy74 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:16 am wrote:not really 'back down fighting for a CL spot'...   little dramatic!

We need to win though, not liking these 3 games in hand City have, could do with Spuds beating the gooners too!

Come on Redmen!

Agree with this, I think the race for 4th is all but done, and only a total collapse in form would see us drop out.

However, that’s not to say we’ve got nothing to play for. On the contrary, we should now be looking to secure 3rd and maintain our slim title challenge for as long as possible. Our European ranking is awful and don’t want to risk the CL money on a dodgy qualifying match with the likes of Inter or Leverkusen.

For these reasons alone we must get all three points and I think the lads will be well up for it.

We should now be aiming for a minimum of third place. CL rules could see us playing a very tricky game to qualify for the group stages if we finish fourth.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:18 pm

eds » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:40 pm wrote:Is it going too far in saying this is the most important game against the scum in the last 2 decades?

I don't think it's going too far Ed's, I also think that some of us are maybe forgetting that Man U will be thinking the same thing.

I don't expect a walkover tomorrow, were good enough to win it BUT I'm nervous that one contentious decision in their favour could cost us, we've seen it happen  :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby eds » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:04 am

woof woof ! » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:18 pm wrote:
eds » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:40 pm wrote:Is it going too far in saying this is the most important game against the scum in the last 2 decades?

I don't think it's going too far Ed's, I also think that some of us are maybe forgetting that Man U will be thinking the same thing.

I don't expect a walkover tomorrow, were good enough to win it BUT I'm nervous that one contentious decision in their favour could cost us, we've seen it happen  :(

With the chavs slipping up it is most certainly is now the most important game we have played against them in decades.

If we can keep winning then the games against them and City in April basically become super heavyweight title fights.

Seeing as we were very unlucky to lose both away games against them, there is a good chance we can win both.

Fk it's getting exciting  :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Boocity » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:10 am

eds » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:04 am wrote:
woof woof ! » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:18 pm wrote:

With the chavs slipping up it is most certainly is now the most important game we have played against them in decades.

If we can keep winning then the games against them and City in April basically become super heavyweight title fights.

Seeing as we were very unlucky to lose both away games against them, there is a good chance we can win both.

Fk it's getting exciting  :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock

The Chelsea result will give our players a masive boost going into todays game
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:24 am

Win this, and the stage is set for 2 finals (if all 3 sides continue their title charge) at home for the title. A loss wouldn't rule us out but it would make things extremely difficult.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:13 am

Just read that we've lost 10 of our last 11 games at Old Trafford, I thought we had a better recent record against them than that, that's abysmal form.
The one gleaming ray of sunshine amid all that gloom though is that we have ended quite a few of those types of sequences this season - we hadn't won at Spurs since something like 2007, we hadn't beaten Arsenal in the prem for years, we hadn't won at Stoke in a decade, we hadn't beaten Southampton on their own patch for 11 years etc......let's hope we break another hoodoo today and can add to that list.
Away to United with our participation in the title race on the line? How big do you want a game to be? Domestic games don't come much bigger. Come on you reds!!!!
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:46 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:13 am wrote:Just read that we've lost 10 of our last 11 games at Old Trafford, I thought we had a better recent record against them than that, that's abysmal form.
The one gleaming ray of sunshine amid all that gloom though is that we have ended quite a few of those types of sequences this season - we hadn't won at Spurs since something like 2007, we hadn't beaten Arsenal in the prem for years, we hadn't won at Stoke in a decade, we hadn't beaten Southampton on their own patch for 11 years etc......let's hope we break another hoodoo today and can add to that list.
Away to United with our participation in the title race on the line? How big do you want a game to be? Domestic games don't come much bigger. Come on you reds!!!!

This year is all about setting new expectations for ourselves ,and like most games this comes to our mental preparations ,we are a better team so pending we come to fight take the battle to their side of the pitch ,this game is totally winnable.
If we play the passive part and let United ride their Fans emotions ,then it's going to be a long day in the park....
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:13 pm

If this season we don't do the double on them then I don't know when
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:21 pm

only me » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:46 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:13 am wrote:Just read that we've lost 10 of our last 11 games at Old Trafford, I thought we had a better recent record against them than that, that's abysmal form.

This year is all about setting new expectations for ourselves ,and like most games this comes to our mental preparations ,we are a better team so pending we come to fight take the battle to their side of the pitch ,this game is totally winnable.
If we play the passive part and let United ride their Fans emotions ,then it's going to be a long day in the park....

Agree 100%, for the first time in God knows how many years you can sense that United are genuinely wary of us, if we start well and take the game by the scruff of the neck I think there's a good chance that they'll throw the towel in mentally, they've had so many poor results this year if we go a goal or two up I think their players (and fans) will think 'here we go again'.
But if we let them start well, and let their fans into the game then as you say it could be a long afternoon.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby LFC1990 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:46 pm

With Chelsea losing yesterday a win today at OT could start seeing us believing in the dream.

Man for man we are way ahead of them but the Cb partnership whoever we go with will need to be on their game, Rooney will be hyped up for this as well as Evra with the whol Suarez situation.

Any win will see me bouncing of the ceilings but I would love to see us give them a spanking

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games