LIVERPOOL VS FULHAM - 26/01/2011 ko 8:00 pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Greavesie » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:43 pm

If you are shortsignted you say 3 pts is 3 pts and it doesn't matter if we were outplayed at Anfield.

shortsighted by saying 3 pts is 3 pts. Are you mad lad? playing sh!te and winning is a good sign in my eyes. It was a sh!te performance but we've been better under Kenny and I fully expect us to be much improved in our next game. Torres had a goal ruled out and I honestly think the game would have been a lot different should it have stood.

Yes we have a lot of deadwood and if this January's anything to go by Kenny is addressing that issue quite nicely. It's going to take time. We ain't going to play Barcelona football week in week out buddy, wake up
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:53 pm

Like a few have said 3 points is most important.
We didnt perform as well as we could have but these are games that we have dropped points in the past.
2 wins in a row and a little move up the table is good for the players confidence.
There are players that arent good enough and that will at times cause us problems but Kenny can only work with what he has got at the moment.
The one thing i would say is i dont like Gerrard playing so deep and hope he is pushed on in future games. He for me is ineffective when he drops deep.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby supersub » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:42 pm

1st half...
Good first 30 minutes
lost our way because we failed to get the breakthrough

2nd half...
bit scrappy but well done to the boys for battling on and getting the goal...bit nervous defending towards the end

Meirelles besyt player on the night
Gerrard needs to be further up the field to be effective

the 3 points we got last night could easily have been 1 point , even none a few weeks back but there seems to be a more positive feeling within the team that has steadied , what was a rocky boat.
It's good to see Torres more alert and eager to get involved..

I for one take more positives out of the 1-0 win than negatives and feel there is an air of confidence eminatting from the team,the terraces and the surrounding alehouses
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby metalhead » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:18 pm

3 points that is what matters!

7th place... :cool:
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby worcester_red » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:24 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:Like a few have said 3 points is most important.
We didnt perform as well as we could have but these are games that we have dropped points in the past.
2 wins in a row and a little move up the table is good for the players confidence.
There are players that arent good enough and that will at times cause us problems but Kenny can only work with what he has got at the moment.
The one thing i would say is i dont like Gerrard playing so deep and hope he is pushed on in future games. He for me is ineffective when he drops deep.

I'd like to see how Kuyt plays at DM, I actually think he could be quite good, he's certainly fecking useless in attack these days.
worcester_red

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:44 pm

worcester_red wrote:

I'd like to see how Kuyt plays at DM, I actually think he could be quite good, he's certainly fecking useless in attack these days.

I wouldnt, he isnt anywhere near good enough on the ball and nor is his range of passing.
He would scrap and battle but would lose posession too often.
He looks shattered to me after playing right the way through the summer with the world cup.
Needs to be taken out of the team for a few games for me.
Gerrard on the right could be something to consider for a bit.
Ben Patrick

Postby worcester_red » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:49 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:
worcester_red wrote:

I wouldnt, he isnt anywhere near good enough on the ball and nor is his range of passing.
He looks shattered to me after playing right the way through the summer with the world cup.

Ok good point, I'd like to see Stevie on the right and Joe on the left, it's got to be worth a go and then if Joe is still :censored: now then we bin him and move him on in the summer.
worcester_red

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:51 pm

worcester_red wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:
worcester_red wrote:

Ok good point, I'd like to see Stevie on the right and Joe on the left, it's got to be worth a go and then if Joe is still :censored: now then we bin him and move him on in the summer.

Honestly dont think Kenny fancies Cole.
Last night Maxi was ineffective and Kuyt was taken off for Shelvey.
Cole looked proper p!ssed off, i was in the paddock right behind the bench and he did not look impressed at all.
Ben Patrick

Postby laza » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:07 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:Cole looked proper p!ssed off, i was in the paddock right behind the bench and he did not look impressed at all.

Good hopefully when he does get on the field it give him incentive to show what he can do
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:08 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:
worcester_red wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:
worcester_red wrote:

Honestly dont think Kenny fancies Cole.
Last night Maxi was ineffective and Kuyt was taken off for Shelvey.
Cole looked proper p!ssed off, i was in the paddock right behind the bench and he did not look impressed at all.

I hope it is just a case of conflicting opinions on level of fitness, between the management and the player. Because I genuinely think Joe Cole is class, when in form.

The Aurelio sub last night made no sense whatsoever. That is when I thought Cole would come on.

Then again I also wonder whether Kenny is saving Cole for when we are playing well regularly. Maybe he thinks at the moment his style (flair, skill, etc) isn't suitable for our predicament? Notice also Pacheco hasn't been given any sub time.
Last edited by SouthCoastShankly on Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:16 pm

laza wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:Cole looked proper p!ssed off, i was in the paddock right behind the bench and he did not look impressed at all.

Good hopefully when he does get on the field it give him incentive to show what he can do

well he can't do any worse than kuyt or maxi in the last few games.

i just can't understand why he's not even getting a run off the bench for 20 minutes. shelvey offers nothing out wide. the last time he came on he got the winner against bolton.

he needs to build some confidence up and with us playing more of a passing game now i think he'd excel.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:45 pm

I reckon Kenny's first concern is secure us so we have no risk of relegation. Once he's done that maybe he'll start d!cking around with other formations and players that to be honest have been poor.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:42 pm

Great win - really pleased.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:47 am

I agree with a lot of people that it seems negative considering we got our 2nd win in a row for the first time since November, but I think everybody was so amped up by the great performance away at wolves, they thought we would come back to Anfield and kick the living sh!te out of Fulham.  I know I did, so it naturally caused me to be a bit disappointed when we won only on an og. I really wanted to see Torres just kill them.  He had the goal wrongly disallowed and I think it set him back.  I honestly believe that if that would have stood, we would have won by at least 3 and Torres would have gotten another.

Maybe that's stupid to claim but it makes me feel better :D
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Bermenstein » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:16 am

We were disallowed a perfectly good goal early in the first half. Had it been allowed, the performance we all hoped for could have materialised.

But The Torres goal didnt stand, and it was looking like it was going to be one of those nights. But Thanks to Jonh Pantsils own goal we got the luck we needed to win the game. Glen Johnson had a good shot saved, Meirels had a good headed effort saved. Yes they came at us in the second half and nearly spoiled the result, but they didnt.

Sometimes you gotta win ugly.....3 points!
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games