FULHAM VS LIVERPOOL - 9 may 2011, ko: 20:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon May 02, 2011 8:17 pm

aside from the Villa fixture, this is the one that could pose any threat to our claims for 5th spot. Fulham under Mark Hughes has improved tremendously.

INJURY NEWS
Fulham - Duff is injured. that's all sadly.

Liverpool - Agger, Gerrard, Aurelio and Kelly are injured.

PAST RESULTS
26-01-11 Liverpool 1 - 0 Fulham
11-04-10 Liverpool 0 - 0 Fulham
31-10-09 Fulham 3 - 1 Liverpool
05-04-09 Fulham 0 - 1 Liverpool
22-11-08 Liverpool 0 - 0 Fulham
19-04-08 Fulham 0 - 2 Liverpool

STATISTICS & FACTS
in recent times, Milan Baros has scored the most goals for Liverpool in this fixture with 3 goals.

the last time we did the double over them was in 2007/08 where we beat them 2-0 on both occasions.

last season, they beat us 3-1 at CC.

Fulham has won 8 out of 17 of their home games so far this season. only 8 teams have a better home record.

Fulham concede most of their goals during the 31mins to 45mins of the game. during that period, we have scored 10 goals in our league matches this season.

most of our goals conceded (10 goals) come after the 2nd half (45mins-60mins)

Fulham are currently on their longest unbeaten sequence this season - 3 games - against Wolves, Bolton and Sunderland.

former Liverpool striker K.H. Riedle was temporarily in charge of Fulham while he was there. his son used to be in our academy as well.

KEY PLAYERS
Fulham - Clint Dempsey has scored 12 goals, and created 3 this season. expect him to torment our defense. another player to watch would be Simon Davies who is playing well of late. plus they have that guy from Chelsea on loan, Kakuta i think.

Liverpool - Maxi seems to be at the right places at all the right times the past 2 games and i'm hoping he continues his form. it's as though we signed a new player to be honest! Carragher is gonna be a really important figure on the pitch as Fulham have pretty decent players who can hurt us.

SQUADS
Fulham - Schwarzer, Kelly, Salcido, Pantsil, Hangeland, Baird, Sidwell, Johnson, Gera, Stockdale, Murphy, Senderos, Hughes, Etuhu, Guðjohnsen, Dempsey, Zamora, Kakuta, Greening, Davies, Dembélé and Halliche

Liverpool - Reina, Gulasci, Jones, Carragher, Skrtel, Kyrgiakos, Wilson, Flanagan, Robinson, Johnson, Spearing, Shelvey, Lucas, Poulson, Meireles, Maxi, Cole, Jovanovic, Kuyt, Suarez, Carroll and Ngog.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon May 02, 2011 8:54 pm

Tricky fixture.

Even in previous seasons where we have played far better football and have had a far better squad we have struggled at Craven Cottage. Whoever scores first will win this. So on that note lets go for broke early!
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Tue May 03, 2011 2:24 am

Yeah this one will be tough, I kind of worry about Andy being given the start.  It could disrupt the rhythm we've got ourselves into.
Zidane

Postby neil » Tue May 03, 2011 9:39 am

Its a big game for Kenny, these are the games we need to start coming away from with 3pts in the bag. After the away games against west brom, blackpool and west ham we need to see an upturn in performance against these lesser sides, I hope to see a more attacking game like we've recently witnessed against brum, man city and newcastle.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue May 03, 2011 9:50 am

Zidane wrote:Yeah this one will be tough, I kind of worry about Andy being given the start.  It could disrupt the rhythm we've got ourselves into.

I'm not worried, he performed well against Man City two games ago.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PabloMedina28 » Tue May 03, 2011 11:06 am

4-0 Suarez 2 Carroll 2
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Tue May 03, 2011 11:13 am

Nothing to lose so throw everything at them including the cat and the kitchen sink. Go for it.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mkingdom » Tue May 03, 2011 1:10 pm

They are in decent form, but so are we, and with 5th within our grasp, I am confident of a good win.

Reina

Flanagan  Carra  Skrtel  Johnson

Mereiles  Lucas  Spearing

Kuyt     Suarez   Maxi

Bring Carroll on for half an hour.
mkingdom

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue May 03, 2011 1:23 pm

A real tricky game this one ,Hughes has got them playing patient passing football ,and they were unlucky to lose last time out at Anfield ...
I was impressed the way they put us under pressure and forced us back into our own half .... potential banana skin this one .
I still think we will win it with a smash and grab ...0-1 something tells me Spearing might score .... if not the brilliance of Suarez will edge this game in our favour
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue May 03, 2011 1:43 pm

It is a tricky game always away there.
Both teams are in decent form as well so could be interesting.

We do have nothing to lose really, i would hope to see Carroll back in despite the decent recent results.

Not really looking forward to this for some reason though.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Kenny Kan » Wed May 04, 2011 10:32 pm

It's gonna be tricky, if they moonwalk the ball around us we'll be f.ucked.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Alex88 » Wed May 04, 2011 10:58 pm

2-0 for us.
Alex88

Postby Greavesie » Wed May 04, 2011 11:22 pm

Got to say Kuyt and Suarez are working really well together, Kuyt's really relishing Suarez being around. I'm wondering if Andy will disrupt that or make it even worse for defenders. Only one way to find out...
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu May 05, 2011 9:46 am

I personally think Carroll is critical to winning this game.

Away games for us are never about free-flowing football. We never perform as we do at Anfield on away days. At Anfield we don't have this issue because we tend to start confidently and score early, leaving the visiting team to take the game to us. This is turn provides ample space to exploit.

Fulham, at home, are very well rehearsed defensively and I can see breaking them down being a problem. With this in mind having Carroll in the team provides an outlet and an alternative method of attack that we do not have when he is out.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Thu May 05, 2011 2:40 pm

Always a game I dread.   Very tough fixture as Fulham are one of the better teams while playing at home, tho this season they aren't as good at  home as they have been in previous season.  2 season ago they only lost twice at home, and that was twice in the last few games to us and Everton.

But, we've been playing well and if we can get a solid performance in, then we take it 2-0
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games