WBA VS LIVERPOOL - 2nd april 2011 ko 3.00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby damjan193 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:11 pm

Great performance Reina... wish him all the best in United or Arsenal or wherever he goes next season, we'll be just fine with Kuyts and Lucas', as they seem to be the only kind of players we manage to keep in our team.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:12 pm

I've got nothing against Carroll but his signing could have a detrimental affect on our game, we are now long ball merchants and even the ''formidable'' WBA were able to play the ball on the deck and knock it around nicely than we were able to do.

Out goes the football and in comes the sunday league stuff.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:13 pm

damjan193 wrote:Great performance Reina... wish him all the best in United or Arsenal or wherever he goes next season, we'll be just fine with Kuyts and Lucas', as they seem to be the only kind of players we manage to keep in our team.

When you're s.hit you only attract the flies.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby alwayslfc » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:24 pm

I've never been a fan of Lucas and just don't know why they offered him a new contract. Today's match proved he's not good enough. Albion are a not a good team but Liverpool were 10 times worse. Kuyt, Lucas, Soto, Spearing, Wilson don't deserve to be in the 1st team. Agger, good player but too injury prone. Sell him in the summer.

Without the influence of Stevie G, we're of the standard of a struggling bottom half team. We need to buy 5 world class players in the summer esp. wing and midfield ones in the summer to stand a chance of top 4 finish next season.

The remaining 7 games are for consolidating our 6th position, forget about 5th place.
alwayslfc

Postby ethanr » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:26 pm

Well spurs continue to lose points against bottom clubs as well.  If we can build on this garbage, we could be in good shape.  If we can't.  Well...

By the way Soto was from AEK Athens for whoever thought he was from Rangers.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby The Good Yank » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:29 pm

Kenny Kan wrote:I've got nothing against Carroll but his signing could have a detrimental affect on our game, we are now long ball merchants and even the ''formidable'' WBA were able to play the ball on the deck and knock it around nicely than we were able to do.

I disagree with this in a sense.  I thought we did reasonably well today in getting the ball up the pitch.  But without a midfielder who could really run the show, and with both starting fullbacks getting injured early it really hurt our width, which let us down in terms of getting quality chances.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:36 pm

ethanr wrote:Well spurs continue to lose points against bottom clubs as well.  If we can build on this garbage, we could be in good shape.  If we can't.  Well...

Soto played for Rangers a few years ago and they sold him because he was sh!te
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:36 pm

Seasons a write off and has been for a while really, just clutching at straws looking up at top 4 and dreams of Europe, we simply are not good enough. The window came too late and we have been hit by injuries to key players and today both Agger and Johnson crocked to make matters worse. We will have some good and bad days the mark of an average team. We didnt learn anything today and the biggest disappointment is getting turned over by Hodgson. We have some good lads, a couple are excellent then a whole load of ordinary footballers backing it all up. We have seen this film all season, its a rebuild, its big money and its a long road ahead for the football club.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:41 pm

ethanr wrote:Well spurs continue to lose points against bottom clubs as well.  If we can build on this garbage, we could be in good shape.  If we can't.  Well...

That was me. I'm sure he played for Rangers once though, didn't he?

*edit* Disregard this post, sorry.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Dundalk » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:08 pm

We have lost 12 games this season   :no
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:29 pm

ForeverAugust wrote:

Ahh I see.  Used to play for Rangers then Athens and here... gotcha.

I was starting to think Meireles was quite a signing, but the last 3 or 4 games... I'm really starting to question him.  I was thinking that Adam may not be able to crack the starting lineup, but at this point I'd love Adam over Meireles.
ethanr

Postby ethanr » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:30 pm

Dundalk wrote:We have lost 12 games this season   :no

I know.. it's really disheartening.  Coming from only 2 losses 2 seasons ago..
ethanr

Postby metalhead » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:49 pm

Kenny Kan wrote:I've got nothing against Carroll but his signing could have a detrimental affect on our game, we are now long ball merchants and even the ''formidable'' WBA were able to play the ball on the deck and knock it around nicely than we were able to do.

I disagree, for now it looks like it but I hope once we get some quality on the wings our play changes.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:12 pm

ethanr wrote:
ForeverAugust wrote:

Ahh I see.  Used to play for Rangers then Athens and here... gotcha.

I was starting to think Meireles was quite a signing, but the last 3 or 4 games... I'm really starting to question him.  I was thinking that Adam may not be able to crack the starting lineup, but at this point I'd love Adam over Meireles.

Raul is struggling because he's been put on the wing again....he's NOT a winger.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:14 pm

Valid point.  Tho there are basic things that any midfielder should be capable of doing, no matter where he plays on the pitch and I don't feel Meireles is capable of continuing to do that like he was a couple months ago.
ethanr

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games