CHELSEA VS LIVERPOOL - Sun 6-2-2011 ko 16:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Bermenstein » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:04 pm

This is such a massive game, more for Club Pride than anything else. The atmosphere should be maddening and deafening.

Hopefully we wont be up against a Manc or Chelsea Ref, so we can have as fair a game as possible.

One thing is for sure, tempers may not be tamed. There are some player clashes that look set to add intrigue to this epic clash, none more so than the returning Carragher facing his former team-mate, Torres, altough maybe Carragher is not quite ready for this one, mentally or physically (Carra would be my fav for a red card if he played). Expect fireworks between those two if it does happen.

Also, Gerrard v Lampard in the middle of the pitch will be a beauty as will Suarez v Terry. Ancelotti could also hand a debut to David Luiz who has now been given his international clearance after signing on deadline day from Benfica.

I'd say most of us would take a point now if we could. But dare to dream, we beat the bunch a c*nts!!

Frankie say.......1-1
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Postby Greavesie » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:08 pm

I hope they play that new centre back, new partnerships are always a bit dodgy first time out so we could probably exploit that. Torres is easy to mark out of the game, give him a few kicks and he'll back off like a little girl, give him no space or time on the ball, refs never used to protect him, why start now? ???

I say 2:1 to the mighty reds. Yep I'm clutching straws but Kenny gives me good cause for optimism :D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby damjan193 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:13 pm

Read something about Skrtel saying that he'll make Torres regret he left LFC :D. Nice attitude, if we win or lose I just hope we make our best effort. I think that I shouldnt be expecting too much but I am looking forward to this game.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby redbilly » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:03 pm

All ready briefed her in doors to do Sunday diner before kick off as I can see my roast beef going through the telly if that disrespectful big girl should score. I will be saying a little extra pray to the football gods that she does'nt.
Kenny has a tough decision to make, does he start Suarez or put him from the bench? If he starts him who does he drop? as all those that played against Stoke put in a good show.
I would really like SG or JC to ignore the hand of ****** at the start just to show how much the fans as well as the team are unhappy with the disrespectful way he has treated this club.
Would love all 3 points but think this might be a 1-1
redbilly

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:25 pm

2-2 expecting Suarez to totally take the gloss of the snides debut with a brace ....not unlike when God done the same on Cantona's  return
not really bothered about the score as long as we leave with our heads held high and a share of the spoils ..... and knowing we got by far the better deal ..... :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:31 pm

Greavesie wrote:. Torres is easy to mark out of the game

Nah, the traitor is world class, I'm a bit worried to be honest. I'm hoping for a draw for this one, but I see the traitor scoring one and Suarez getting one from our end. I don't think we will win, most probably we will lose this one because Chelsea's form is back and we are playing at Stamford Bridge.

so I'll go with either 1-1 draw or 3-1 win for Chelsea. :(
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedSi35 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:33 pm

Will take a draw! Would cream at a well earned victory. Something to show all the doubters that the last 2 ish seasons have been a blip and we are back to the sort of form that helped us to 2nd place q while ago.

Yeah i know its a big ask, but we have steadily improved with each game under the king and with our new signings it can only get better.

Cant wait to watch us play again....... Something i couldnt have said a couple of months ago
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:37 pm

metalhead wrote:
Greavesie wrote:. Torres is easy to mark out of the game

Nah, the traitor is world class, I'm a bit worried to be honest. I'm hoping for a draw for this one, but I see the traitor scoring one and Suarez getting one from our end. I don't think we will win, most probably we will lose this one because Chelsea's form is back and we are playing at Stamford Bridge.

so I'll go with either 1-1 draw or 3-1 win for Chelsea. :(

when I said easy I probably made it sound more simple than it actually is  :D

he used to disappear in games for us all the time. Stick a man on him and he should struggle to stamp his authority on the game. His best comes when he has space and the ball at his feet. Who's fit in their midfield, does he have any real supply coming from the middle?

My heart says we can win this, head says the little b@stard is going to score
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby mkingdom » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:39 pm

Very little pressure on us for this game.  Chelsea will be big favourites.

They will not be sure what to prepare to face though, as Kenny keeps deploying surprising starting 11's and formations.

I expect Torres to start on the bench tbh, as Ancelotti will not want to upset Drogba or Anelka.  He will come on though.

The result is almost impossible to predict, but we are capable of going there and winning for sure.  As long as we continue to play in the positive, passing way we have I'll be happy.

Reina

Kelly  Skrtel  Agger   Johnson

Raul   Gerrard  Lucas

Kuyt    Suarez    Maxi
mkingdom

Postby stmichael » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:42 pm

This is a prime example of why getting Steve Clarke in was genius. If anyone knows how to exploit Chelsea's weaknesses it's him.

I expect us to revert to a 4-1-4-1 formation. Would take a draw now.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby RedSi35 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:43 pm

Not sure if last nights formation will work against chelsea. It was brave and came off really well just dunno how it will work against a more competent team
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby worcester_red » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:45 pm

I'm just looking forward to a good game but I suspect that the chavs will win it.
worcester_red

Postby jacdaniel » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:15 pm

Id love us to win and Torres to get a red card or bad injury.  :D 

I think he scored his first PL goal for us against Chelsea...hopefully history won't repeat itself here.

Too hard to predict.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:17 pm

~I'm under no illusions we'll beat Chelsea, the look a good outfit and have just hit a bit of form. However, form can be thrown out of the window as Kenny will always have the edge over ancelloti, hopefully big girls blouse will sit out the first half. This gives us the option to get 3 goals up by HT.

Head 0 - 0

Heart 1 - 3 (Merelies, Gerrard 2)
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:25 pm

Well with Torres defection an open wound, I would find it ironic and greatly amusing if Joe Cole came out whatever purgatory he is in and scored the winner 

Well fantasty out of way, reality is I be happy with a fighting away point
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games