LIVERPOOL VS. TOTTENHAM - 15 May 2011, KO: 16:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Sun May 15, 2011 8:51 pm

crim cram wrote:played sh!te, Suarez change your boots, never a penalty, investment in the summer.

summed it up nicely
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby Zidane » Sun May 15, 2011 9:04 pm

Gutted.
Zidane

Postby NANNY RED » Sun May 15, 2011 9:53 pm

Do you reckon that streaker on the pitch today was a proper yid ,  :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun May 15, 2011 10:13 pm

We missed Raul in that midfield today, especially the first half when Van De fart was still on. We were over run in midfield completely. Credit to Spurs though they pressed well. We look awful with Carroll in the side, the big lump negated our play, had Raul been fit we'd of looked much better.

Howard is a k/unt of a ref, he's useless, MBE my fecking @rse. :angry:
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun May 15, 2011 11:00 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Do you reckon that streaker on the pitch today was a proper yid ,  :laugh:

:laugh:  He would have been slower with a foreskin
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon May 16, 2011 9:55 am

I didn't watch the game due to family events blah blah blah but I get the impression that Carroll isn't really fitting into our style?

anyhow roll on next season.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon May 16, 2011 10:06 am

Liverpool lose - check.

Fans look for a scapegoat now Lucas is good - check.

People are prepared to make a judgement on a player who signed injured and hasn't been fully fit since he's been here - check.

People conveniently forget about his performance against City - check.

This lads a beast and is gona be boss for us next season with two pacey wingers - check.
Last edited by Ciggy on Mon May 16, 2011 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Aussie Style » Mon May 16, 2011 10:24 am

Ciggy wrote:This lads a beast and is gona be boss for us next season with two pacey wingers - check.

Yeah I don't really see why people are doubting Carroll..he is going to be an absolute monster for us after Kenny and DC bring in some actual wingers. Cant wait for next season!!

And how the :censored: is Howard Webb considered one of the best refs going around? Every single match i've seen him in charge of has had poor decisions in it. I didn't get to watch the game last night but I have seen the penalty..terrible call!
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

Postby jacdaniel » Mon May 16, 2011 10:24 am

We badly need someone in the centre who can pass/dictate a game.  Maybe Meiriles or Gerrard can do the job although Im not so sure.  Would love to see Alonso back in a red shirt.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Mon May 16, 2011 2:39 pm

ethanr wrote:Starting to worry about him.  We don't play him and we smack the sh!te out of everybody.  He's back in the team and we have our worst performance in quite some time.  I'm not saying he's not a good player because he is, but it seems like we just don't accommodate properly.

Did you watch the City game?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Greavesie » Mon May 16, 2011 5:35 pm

wait til Stevie's back to boss the midfield. We'll be laughing lads, laughing
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Santa » Mon May 16, 2011 5:56 pm

Ciggy wrote:Fans look for a scapegoat now Lucas is good...People are prepared to make a judgement on a player who signed injured and hasn't been fully fit since he's been here

I don't think I was out looking for a scapegoat (personally I hoped we don't get into the Mickey Mouse League so we could concentrate on building the team and gunning for No.19) and definitely not passing judgement as yet on a player whom I think will improve greatly playing for a top team week-in week-out. However after our recent run of good form and scoring in every single match, we made one major change last night and the shape of the team looked awkward, so the focus will definitely fall on Carroll, his match fitness and us shaping the team to accommodate him, so I think the question on Carroll is legitimate...should we go for liquid movements among our forwards or rely heavily on pumping high balls to feed our target man?
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Mon May 16, 2011 6:02 pm

Ciggy wrote:Liverpool lose - check.

People are prepared to make a judgement on a player who signed injured and hasn't been fully fit since he's been here - check.

This lads a beat and is gona be boss for us next season with two pacey wingers - check.

:D this place is.....  :rasp
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon May 16, 2011 9:45 pm

Ciggy wrote:Liverpool lose - check.

This lads a beat and is gona be boss for us next season with two pacey wingers - check.

:nod

it was a bad day at the office and all the players are to blame.

I think if we had Meireles and Gerrard in the game Tottenham wouldn't have had a sniff.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Tue May 17, 2011 1:17 am

Keeping with my general rule of not going anywhere near the forum until at least 24 hours have passed since the game here I am :P

Went the game yesterday and it was all a bit "after the Lord Mayor;s show" ! Had a real buzz about the place with Kenny and Steve signing deals midweek, our recent good run and flag day to boot ! We even took our Flag as the "El Ninio one that usually adorns our corner of the KOP has strangely been absent of late ! :D

It was all going SO well until ................we kicked off ! What proceeded was a football lesson from a Spurs side who have won 1 of their last 9 games and a masterclass performance from Luca Modric.

We were lucky to get nil ! :p  Suarez had his only below par performance since he joined, Spearing looked like his recent run of games is catching up with him and we missed Raul big time.

However it's probably a good thing not to go on a monster run right up to the end of the season as it can cloud your judgement about what needs to be done in the close season. We need to offload a fair few players for their sake and ours and invest in some new ones. Wingers and a creative midfielder, at least 1 centre back and possibly another forward would be welcomed.

Whatever you may think about this season the greatest achievement was the removal of G&H, we should be very thankful for that alone.

Walk on ............
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games