LIVERPOOL VS FULHAM - 26/01/2011 ko 8:00 pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby only me » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:18 pm

jimmy brighton wrote:
Zidane wrote:
metalhead wrote:
Zidane wrote:
metalhead wrote:you guys seriously think Lucas would have made a difference? He is a good player but not that good!!! and what does he bring to our attacking play? nothing! the reason we couldn't get the grips of the game because we lacked the final ball and we became really nervous in the last 10 minutes when Fulham attacked us.

He calms the tempo down and helps us control matches, Gerrard tries to go for that final ball too often and gives the opposition possession when it doesn't come off.  Lucas keeps us ticking a lot better than Stevie.

When did Lucas ever calm the tempo? or done any of that? he would have given away so many freekicks and doesn't keep the ball better than Gerrard.... f*ck me but yes Lucas is a world class player ???

Lucas keeps it simple and sometimes that's exactly what you need to do until a pass opens up.  You can't just try to force that final pass every time you think there is an opening.  Also neither of our midfielders ever broke up any plays out wide that I remember, that's something Lucas does ALL the time.  Stevie just isn't good for us as a CM and Lucas is better than him in that position.  Stevie has to play somewhere where he can be undisciplined and not cost the team.  Poulson looks like a slug sometimes I feel bad for him honestly, he's trying but he just isn't quick enough.

Totally agreed. Can't believe people are STILL questioning him. Lucas I'm afraid MH, is the heartbeat of our team and was hugely missed tonight

Oh comon now Lucas is the missing Link? We played the same players as against Wolves just got the "new" lad Gerrard back...And Suddenly Lucas was missed??
Kuyt and Maxi were missing and that killed attack ,i'm still not convinced as to deploying Johnson as LB ,not for that we payed millions to bring him.

Team is lacking confidence and that is showing and affecting every play of the game, i thought KK should have done much better with the subs but guess luck was our main tactics and it worked.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:20 pm

metalhead wrote:
Zidane wrote:
metalhead wrote:you guys seriously think Lucas would have made a difference? He is a good player but not that good!!! and what does he bring to our attacking play? nothing! the reason we couldn't get the grips of the game because we lacked the final ball and we became really nervous in the last 10 minutes when Fulham attacked us.

He calms the tempo down and helps us control matches, Gerrard tries to go for that final ball too often and gives the opposition possession when it doesn't come off.  Lucas keeps us ticking a lot better than Stevie.

When did Lucas ever calm the tempo? or done any of that? he would have given away so many freekicks and doesn't keep the ball better than Gerrard.... f*ck me but yes Lucas is a world class player ???

for me tonight the two weakest links we had was maxi and kuyt and had lucas played there's a 50% chance he would have joined them.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby jimmy brighton » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:21 pm

only me wrote:
jimmy brighton wrote:
Zidane wrote:
metalhead wrote:
Zidane wrote:

Lucas keeps it simple and sometimes that's exactly what you need to do until a pass opens up.  You can't just try to force that final pass every time you think there is an opening.  Also neither of our midfielders ever broke up any plays out wide that I remember, that's something Lucas does ALL the time.  Stevie just isn't good for us as a CM and Lucas is better than him in that position.  Stevie has to play somewhere where he can be undisciplined and not cost the team.  Poulson looks like a slug sometimes I feel bad for him honestly, he's trying but he just isn't quick enough.

Totally agreed. Can't believe people are STILL questioning him. Lucas I'm afraid MH, is the heartbeat of our team and was hugely missed tonight

Oh comon now Lucas is the missing Link? We played the same players as against Wolves just got the "new" lad Gerrard back...And Suddenly Lucas was missed??
Kuyt and Maxi were missing and that killed attack ,i'm still not convinced as to deploying Johnson as LB ,not for that we payed millions to bring him.

Team is lacking confidence and that is showing and affecting every play of the game, i thought KK should have done much better with the subs but guess luck was our main tactics and it worked.

You're obviously a Lucas detractor but he is the engine in our midfield now
joey ate the frogs legs
made the swiss roll
now he's munching gladback
jimmy brighton
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:22 pm

red till i die!! wrote:for me tonight the two weakest links we had was maxi and kuyt and had lucas played there's a 50% chance he would have joined them.

our weakest link was our back four and Fulham players not finishing properly, Skrtel and Agger need to wake up a bit!

anyways, I really don't care, we won in the end! 3 points... onwards and upwards :buttrock
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:30 pm

jimmy brighton wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:That was Fu*king awful. If it wasnt for luck we could have lost
Where he fu'ck was our team? They played like a gang of wa'nkers in the last 15 minutes. Hoofing it and coming straight back.
Why doesnt anyone put their foot on it and calm the play?
Thats where you see the genius of the likes of Hamman

For Hamann read Lucas.

Erm No.
Hamman as he is now is better that Lucas
Thommo's perm

Postby redhayesy » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:32 pm

metalhead wrote:
Zidane wrote:

totally agree mate! wtf are some on about-i know it's about opinions -fair enough,but if anyone thinks Lucas would have made any difference tonight-they were watching a different game to me!

if Lucas had of played would it of made a difference to the way the side were set up? for me no. silly free-kicks given away is one thing but in that game tonight without doubt Lucas would have conceeded even more dangerous free kicks away & some would say it was only him doing his job-some would say the he's just doing the same old-putting the team under pressure with silly,needless chalenges etc.

so for me did we miss Lucas tonight? no way-we didn't play particulally well alround,but we didn't lose the game in midfield either! when some say the game was more open than we would have liked-i agree,but when we got hold of the ball in midfield at least our first priority wasn't to pass it sideways 2 yards or not even go fowards to create anything.

with that i'm on about tonights game nothing else-take it how you want -that's just my opinion. made up with the 3 points!
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:36 pm

Hamann was twice the player Lucas is at his age.

If anyone thinks other wise need to go and watch the old Liverpool games, even the Newcastle ones unbelievable
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:37 pm

metalhead wrote:
red till i die!! wrote:for me tonight the two weakest links we had was maxi and kuyt and had lucas played there's a 50% chance he would have joined them.

our weakest link was our back four and Fulham players not finishing properly, Skrtel and Agger need to wake up a bit!

anyways, I really don't care, we won in the end! 3 points... onwards and upwards :buttrock

didnt think the back 4 were that bad tonight.skyrtel gave away 2 silly free kicks in dangerous positions and they got out muscled by dempsey, dembele and gera in the closing minutes when we sat there inviting pressure.still they kept a clean sheet albeit with a bit of luck but thats just the way it is sometimes.
maxi and kuyt offered nothing in that game,going forward or tracking back and were nothing more than passengers
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby burjennio » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:41 pm

brutal performance, kuyt appears to be done, maxis run of form is long gone and stevie g cant cut it at cm because he lacks the acceleration he had in his mid 20s playing there, GET HIM BACK BEHIND TORRES ALREADY :angry:
burjennio

Postby Zidane » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:44 pm

This never happens when Stevie plays.  Lots of "simple" passes there that lead to one of our most beautiful goals this season.

Edit: I won't say ever cause i'm sure it has happened, but very rarely.
Zidane

Postby dundreamin » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:57 pm

How many times have you seen the mange or cheatski winning ugly 1-0. These performances may not be pretty,but points win prizes or CL qulification!
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby only me » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:57 pm

jimmy brighton wrote:
only me wrote:
jimmy brighton wrote:
Zidane wrote:
metalhead wrote:
Zidane wrote:

I agree...That explains our $hitty season so far ,among other things....
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby RedRory » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:57 pm

Quote (PabloMedina28 @ Jan. 26 2011,22:00)
Felt sorry for that Pansil i thought Gerrard was out of order and lashed out at him twice, a lesser player would of been punished. You think he would of learnt his lesson after just missing  afew games.

I agree, totally irresponsible of Gerrard to go doing something like that after just coming back from a suspension.  :no

Take the home decisions when we get them, two weeks ago at old trafold they were given against us so take them when we get them at home.
RedRory

Postby Zidane » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:58 pm

only me wrote:
jimmy brighton wrote:
only me wrote:
jimmy brighton wrote:
Zidane wrote:
metalhead wrote:
Zidane wrote:

:no
Zidane

Postby RedRory » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:06 am

Quote (jimmy brighton @ Jan. 26 2011,22:21)
Quote (only me @ Jan. 26 2011,22:18)
Quote (jimmy brighton @ Jan. 26 2011,22:13)
Quote (Zidane @ Jan. 26 2011,22:10)
Quote (metalhead @ Jan. 26 2011,22:06)
Quote (Zidane @ Jan. 26 2011,22:02)
Quote (metalhead @ Jan. 26 2011,22:01)
you guys seriously think Lucas would have made a difference? He is a good player but not that good!!! and what does he bring to our attacking play? nothing! the reason we couldn't get the grips of the game because we lacked the final ball and we became really nervous in the last 10 minutes when Fulham attacked us.

Well at the minute we can only play Lucas or Poulsen there. Maybe thats why were in for Adam...
It would seem that Poulsen doesnt have the legs to get around the pitch, Lucas does but when he
gets going he cant stop and runs into players giving away free kicks. Personally I would prefer Lucas
over Poulsen because Lucas on a good day is better than Poulson on a good day, my opinion anyways.
Someone should start a pole: Lucas or Poulsen with Stevie an Meireles in midfield.
RedRory

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games