LIVERPOOL VS. TOTTENHAM - 15 May 2011, KO: 16:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby alwayslfc » Tue May 17, 2011 3:45 am

Dalglish wrote:Keeping with my general rule of not going anywhere near the forum until at least 24 hours have passed since the game here I am :P

Went the game yesterday and it was all a bit "after the Lord Mayor;s show" ! Had a real buzz about the place with Kenny and Steve signing deals midweek, our recent good run and flag day to boot ! We even took our Flag as the "El Ninio one that usually adorns our corner of the KOP has strangely been absent of late ! :D

It was all going SO well until ................we kicked off ! What proceeded was a football lesson from a Spurs side who have won 1 of their last 9 games and a masterclass performance from Luca Modric.

We were lucky to get nil ! :p  Suarez had his only below par performance since he joined, Spearing looked like his recent run of games is catching up with him and we missed Raul big time.

However it's probably a good thing not to go on a monster run right up to the end of the season as it can cloud your judgement about what needs to be done in the close season. We need to offload a fair few players for their sake and ours and invest in some new ones. Wingers and a creative midfielder, at least 1 centre back and possibly another forward would be welcomed.

Whatever you may think about this season the greatest achievement was the removal of G&H, we should be very thankful for that alone.

Walk on ............

[quote]

Totally agree with you mate. Since 6th place is confirmed and we've moved once place up from 7th last season and the first half of season was a disaster, I'd say this season ended satisfactorily but the future looks bright because we have the King back in charge, funds coming in to buy much needed quality players and exciting prospects from the youth academy. I am especially impressed by R.Sterling, Suso, Pacheco and a few more...

Players like Jovanovic, Poulsen, Konchesky, Agger(too injury prone) need to be offloaded. Lucas, Spearing, Soto, Maxi are good players but not good enough to win the PL. They are best to act as backup midfielders.

We need 2 wing players, 2 playmakers, a backup central defender and a backup striker. If we don't do this, I believe we'll end up as top 4 contenders only but will never be champions.
alwayslfc

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games