LIVERPOOL VS. TOTTENHAM - 15 May 2011, KO: 16:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed May 11, 2011 9:20 am

if only i had as much luck with my exam earlier today as i have with match threads :(
anyway, this is the game which more or less decides which team finishes 5th. so it's vital that we win and hopefully it's another trashing that we deliver.

INJURY NEWS
Liverpool - Agger, Gerrard, Aurelio and Kelly are injured.

Spurs - Bale, Woodgate, King, Hutton, Jenas and Huddlestone are injured.

PAST RESULTS
Tottenham 2 1 Liverpool 28th Nov 10
Liverpool 2 0 Tottenham 20th Jan 10
Tottenham 2 1 Liverpool 16th Aug 09
Liverpool 3 1 Tottenham 24th May 09
Tottenham 2 1 Liverpool 1st Nov 08
Tottenham 0 2 Liverpool 11th May 08

STATISTICS & FACTS
the last time we did the double over them was in 2006/07.

we have not lost to them at Anfield is more then 10 years.

Robbie Keane has scored the most number of goals in this fixture in recent times with 5 goals. followed by Paylyuchenko, Torres and Kuyt with 3 each.

Spurs have only won 6 of their 18 away games this season.

we have only lost twice at home this season.

we have scored 12 goals within the first 15mins of the 1st half this season, while we concede most of our goals (11) within the last 15mins.

most of Spurs goals have come within the last 15mins. that's 12 goals fyi.

and finally, they only won once in their last 12 matches in Europe and UK.

KEY PLAYERS
Liverpool - Maxi has been on a hot streak ever since Maxi started match threads but i reckon Spurs will be keeping a very close on eye him and Suarez. hence the key player to watch would be Kuyt who shouldn't have a problem tucking the ball past their resident clown.

Spurs - VDV has got 12 goals and 8 assists. the only other player who comes close in terms of assists is Gomes. Aaron Lennon will be their player to watch IMO and Modric as well. they have numerous tricky players with pace so as awesome as we have been lately, let's not be complacent.

SQUADS
Liverpool - Reina, Gulasci, Carragher, Skrtel, Kyrgiakos, Wilson, Flanagan, Robinson, Johnson, Spearing, Shelvey, Lucas, Poulson, Meireles, Maxi, Cole, Jovanovic, Kuyt, Suarez, Carroll and Ngog.

Spurs - Gomes, Cudicini, Rose, Kaboul, Lennon, Pavlyuchenko, van der Vaart, Palacios, Gallas, Modric, Crouch, Defoe, Bassong, Dawson, Kranjcar, Corluka,  Sandro, Assou-Ekotto, Khumalo, Pletikosa, Pienaar
maypaxvobiscum

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed May 11, 2011 9:25 am

Any reason why the font colour is light grey?

Schoolboy error.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Wed May 11, 2011 9:54 am

Lads, what TV station is this match on?  Checked the listings on skysports, ESPN and Setanta and can't find it anywhere!  Surely this match will have to televised?
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Redman in wales » Wed May 11, 2011 10:04 am

struggling to read that... so copy and pasted it here...

if only i had as much luck with my exam earlier today as i have with match threads :(
anyway, this is the game which more or less decides which team finishes 5th. so it's vital that we win and hopefully it's another trashing that we deliver.

INJURY NEWS
Liverpool - Agger, Gerrard, Aurelio and Kelly are injured.

Spurs - Bale, Woodgate, King, Hutton, Jenas and Huddlestone are injured.

PAST RESULTS
Tottenham 2 1 Liverpool 28th Nov 10
Liverpool 2 0 Tottenham 20th Jan 10
Tottenham 2 1 Liverpool 16th Aug 09
Liverpool 3 1 Tottenham 24th May 09
Tottenham 2 1 Liverpool 1st Nov 08
Tottenham 0 2 Liverpool 11th May 08

STATISTICS & FACTS
the last time we did the double over them was in 2006/07.

we have not lost to them at Anfield is more then 10 years.

Robbie Keane has scored the most number of goals in this fixture in recent times with 5 goals. followed by Paylyuchenko, Torres and Kuyt with 3 each.

Spurs have only won 6 of their 18 away games this season.

we have only lost twice at home this season.

we have scored 12 goals within the first 15mins of the 1st half this season, while we concede most of our goals (11) within the last 15mins.

most of Spurs goals have come within the last 15mins. that's 12 goals fyi.

and finally, they only won once in their last 12 matches in Europe and UK.

KEY PLAYERS
Liverpool - Maxi has been on a hot streak ever since Maxi started match threads but i reckon Spurs will be keeping a very close on eye him and Suarez. hence the key player to watch would be Kuyt who shouldn't have a problem tucking the ball past their resident clown.

Spurs - VDV has got 12 goals and 8 assists. the only other player who comes close in terms of assists is Gomes. Aaron Lennon will be their player to watch IMO and Modric as well. they have numerous tricky players with pace so as awesome as we have been lately, let's not be complacent.

SQUADS
Liverpool - Reina, Gulasci, Carragher, Skrtel, Kyrgiakos, Wilson, Flanagan, Robinson, Johnson, Spearing, Shelvey, Lucas, Poulson, Meireles, Maxi, Cole, Jovanovic, Kuyt, Suarez, Carroll and Ngog.

Spurs - Gomes, Cudicini, Rose, Kaboul, Lennon, Pavlyuchenko, van der Vaart, Palacios, Gallas, Modric, Crouch, Defoe, Bassong, Dawson, Kranjcar, Corluka,  Sandro, Assou-Ekotto, Khumalo, Pletikosa, Pienaar
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Wed May 11, 2011 10:08 am

who'd have thought we would only need a draw to qualify for europe (which is essential) with a game still to go :) happy days
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed May 11, 2011 10:09 am

2-0 to the Reds. We're on a flyer and Spurs have cracked under the end of season pressure.

We have to throw everything at them though, no holding back.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Wed May 11, 2011 10:16 am

neil wrote:who'd have thought we would only need a draw to qualify for europe (which is essential) with a game still to go :) happy days

Dont think so mate.. we're only 2 points clear.  That would stay the same if we draw, meaning we'd need to get something at Villa Park. 

The match isn't on TV for anyone wondering  :( 

And Howard Webb is ref.
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Wed May 11, 2011 11:18 am

are you guys color blind? the font is in blue

anyways, 3-0 to the reds :buttrock
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Wed May 11, 2011 11:20 am

jacdaniel wrote:
neil wrote:who'd have thought we would only need a draw to qualify for europe (which is essential) with a game still to go :) happy days

Dont think so mate.. we're only 2 points clear.  That would stay the same if we draw, meaning we'd need to get something at Villa Park. 

The match isn't on TV for anyone wondering  :( 

And Howard Webb is ref.

so they get a point for a draw aswell? feckers
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alex88 » Wed May 11, 2011 11:39 am

COME ON!!!

2-0 for us. Carroll Carroll
Alex88

Postby jacdaniel » Wed May 11, 2011 12:52 pm

Kenny should be giving the manager's job full time before this game, then there'd be such a huge buzz and great atmoshere that Spurs would be f.ucked
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed May 11, 2011 4:42 pm

metalhead wrote:are you guys color blind? the font is in blue

maybe it's their hair color :D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby ethanr » Wed May 11, 2011 4:50 pm

We've been playing great and Spurs, not so much.  4-1 us.  Kuyt, Suarez, Suarez, Carroll

Meireles' injury actually makes team selection easy for KK.  Kuyt and Maxi have been scoring obviously and playing well, so he can't take either of them out to start Carroll.  Now that Meireles is hurt we don't have to play him out of position.  Move Kuyt to RM, Maxi to LM, Spearing and Lucas in the middle and Suarez and Carroll up top.

My only question, do we start Soto or Skrtel? Skrtel was our only bad player against Fulham, but more importantly Soto can stop Crouchie without fouling him.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Kenny Kan » Wed May 11, 2011 11:36 pm

Hate their fans, have one in the family and a few on my FB account. When we were struggling under Roy they became the most condescending p.ricks ever. Saying things like, 'ah you got a good draw against blah blah today' 'you'll be alright' and talking about their team as though they were genuine 'big time'. Their fans are the most fickle of all supporters, I hope we f.ucking rape those N.London k.unts. :angry:
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Thu May 12, 2011 11:10 am

Kenny Kan wrote:Hate their fans, have one in the family and a few on my FB account. When we were struggling under Roy they became the most condescending p.ricks ever. Saying things like, 'ah you got a good draw against blah blah today' 'you'll be alright' and talking about their team as though they were genuine 'big time'. Their fans are the most fickle of all supporters, I hope we f.ucking rape those N.London k.unts. :angry:

no Kenny, don't hold back mate, say it how it really is  :D

(I agree with everything you wrote there)
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games