LIVERPOOL VS FULHAM - 26/01/2011 ko 8:00 pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:06 pm

PabloMedina28 wrote:Felt sorry for that Pansil i thought Gerrard was out of order and lashed out at him twice, a lesser player would of been punished. You think he would of learnt his lesson after just missing  afew games.

I agree, totally irresponsible of Gerrard to go doing something like that after just coming back from a suspension.  :no
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PabloMedina28 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:08 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:
PabloMedina28 wrote:
mkingdom wrote:Points more important than performance.....just.

7th, 3 unbeaten, and now hopefully a couple of players in

We missed Lucas tonight!!

Hopefully people now see how important Lucas is to the team now (whether they like it or not) Gerrard needs to be played furher forward. Personally id play Suso, Miereles and Gerrard behind Torres. I really believe hed comfortably improve or team going forward. Pacheco would also.

Give up on Suso so early. Blimey.

What team drops a youth player into their first game against a side like Stoke.

He'd have no legs left!

Suso wont feature in the senior team until the summer pre-season.

Teams that recognise Talent and understand that you dont need to be bulit like a tank when you have vision and technic. Arsenal put Fabregas in the mix and the likes of Wilshere and it paid off because they were far better players then thier opponents despite thier age and slender frames. But i guess your right its best we stick with Troy himself; Maxi. 

Your right however, we wont see him until next year unfortunately.
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby taff » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:09 pm

Lucas gives us the discipline in midfield.  Before Sg got sent off against the mancs we looked like we were playing 4141 with Lucas as the holder and it did look stable but attacking, allowing freedom for SG Meireles etc to express themselves.

Its not a glamorous position but IMO the lad does it superbly and I will even say that he looked better than Carrick against the mancs
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PabloMedina28 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:09 pm

metalhead wrote:you guys seriously think Lucas would have made a difference? He is a good player but not that good!!! and what does he bring to our attacking play? nothing! the reason we couldn't get the grips of the game because we lacked the final ball and we became really nervous in the last 10 minutes when Fulham attacked us.

He would of made a difference simple for the fact Gerrard would of played further forward.
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby Zidane » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:10 pm

metalhead wrote:
Zidane wrote:
metalhead wrote:you guys seriously think Lucas would have made a difference? He is a good player but not that good!!! and what does he bring to our attacking play? nothing! the reason we couldn't get the grips of the game because we lacked the final ball and we became really nervous in the last 10 minutes when Fulham attacked us.

He calms the tempo down and helps us control matches, Gerrard tries to go for that final ball too often and gives the opposition possession when it doesn't come off.  Lucas keeps us ticking a lot better than Stevie.

When did Lucas ever calm the tempo? or done any of that? he would have given away so many freekicks and doesn't keep the ball better than Gerrard.... f*ck me but yes Lucas is a world class player ???

Lucas keeps it simple and sometimes that's exactly what you need to do until a pass opens up.  You can't just try to force that final pass every time you think there is an opening.  Also neither of our midfielders ever broke up any plays out wide that I remember, that's something Lucas does ALL the time.  Stevie just isn't good for us as a CM and Lucas is better than him in that position.  Stevie has to play somewhere where he can be undisciplined and not cost the team.  Poulson looks like a slug sometimes I feel bad for him honestly, he's trying but he just isn't quick enough.
Zidane

Postby metalhead » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:12 pm

Zidane wrote:
metalhead wrote:
Zidane wrote:

He calms the tempo down and helps us control matches, Gerrard tries to go for that final ball too often and gives the opposition possession when it doesn't come off.  Lucas keeps us ticking a lot better than Stevie.

When did Lucas ever calm the tempo? or done any of that? he would have given away so many freekicks and doesn't keep the ball better than Gerrard.... f*ck me but yes Lucas is a world class player ???

Lucas keeps it simple and sometimes that's exactly what you need to do until a pass opens up.  You can't just try to force that final pass every time you think there is an opening.  Also neither of our midfielders ever broke up any plays out wide that I remember, that's something Lucas does ALL the time.  Stevie just isn't good for us as a CM and Lucas is better than him in that position.  Stevie has to play somewhere where he can be undisciplined and not cost the team.  Poulson looks like a slug sometimes I feel bad for him honestly, he's trying but he just isn't quick enough.

Have you seen Meireles today? he was absolutely quality, and he was passing the ball out wide and in the middle. Gerrard was passing the ball every time out wide. If we had a type of player who is creative, tactically excellent and footballer we would have a better grip of the game and would have looked better in the final third --- Lucas doesn't have any of these qualities, he is only a player who stops plays and concede silly free kicks
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:12 pm

That was Fu*king awful. If it wasnt for luck we could have lost
Where he fu'ck was our team? They played like a gang of wa'nkers in the last 15 minutes. Hoofing it and coming straight back.
Why doesnt anyone put their foot on it and calm the play?
Thats where you see the genius of the likes of Hamman
Thommo's perm

Postby only me » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:13 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:
only me wrote:Oh well lucky to get this win. Very hysterical performace by all players and manager. All those who talked of trashing Fulham should get a reality check.

BTW - Dempsey anyone?

The score line flattered them even though we were sh!t.

Torres had a perfectly good goal ruled out for offside. The break in the second half where Meireles tried to play in Torres had a goal written all over it.

If it had finished 3-0 no one would of bat an eyelid. The fact it stayed 1-0 gave them hope and that's why we hoofed it for the last 10 mins.

You forget the chances they had...All went to Reina hands few cm's left or right we would have been in a grim situation....
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby jimmy brighton » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:13 pm

Zidane wrote:
metalhead wrote:
Zidane wrote:

Totally agreed. Can't believe people are STILL questioning him. Lucas I'm afraid MH, is the heartbeat of our team and was hugely missed tonight
joey ate the frogs legs
made the swiss roll
now he's munching gladback
jimmy brighton
LFC Super Member

Postby redhayesy » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:14 pm

sixbuster wrote:a win is a win is a win, happy days:D

exactally mate! i would have loved more goals,we all would but at the end of the day it was 3 points! lets just keep the faith that the performances will have consistancy with it aswell.

i would of loved a better performance alround-again wouldn't we all,but ffs it's a win-i don't no about anyone else but i'd take 3 points & an own goal most weeks if it means a win! yes i i want us to play with style & urgency-but at this moment in time under KK it's all about results-cause that's what breeds confidence to play with style & urgency!

great result & i for one are made up!
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:14 pm

Thommo's perm wrote:Thats where you see the genius of the likes of Hamman

or Alonso
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:16 pm

whichever way you look at is Lucas isnt good enough to be at Liverpool - the sooner we find someone better and more reliable the better
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby RedRory » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:17 pm

We wer all over them for the first 20mins or so then they slowly got to grips with the game an it was 50:50.
We were lucky to get the goal when we did but when we didnt take our chances and put the game to bed
Fulham sensed our nervousness an pushed on. 

The 1st goal was clearly onside. Nob end Gray shud have been comenting on decisions like that rather than
what he was saying about lineswomen who can actuly do the job!

If that first goal had stood then the manner of the second one would have knocked the fight out of Fulham and
it would have been an easier game for us. But a result is a result and we'll take them whichever form they come in.

Would love 1 or two signings before the window closes so fingers crossed that the lads at the top get their fingers out!
RedRory

Postby metalhead » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:18 pm

jimmy brighton wrote:Lucas I'm afraid MH, is the heartbeat of our team and was hugely missed tonight

Bestest player in the world!! definitely in the top 5  :buttrock
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jimmy brighton » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:18 pm

Thommo's perm wrote:That was Fu*king awful. If it wasnt for luck we could have lost
Where he fu'ck was our team? They played like a gang of wa'nkers in the last 15 minutes. Hoofing it and coming straight back.
Why doesnt anyone put their foot on it and calm the play?
Thats where you see the genius of the likes of Hamman

For Hamann read Lucas. You forget to remember we had a perfectly good goal disallowed in the 5th minute. Then you'd have been looking at 3 or 4 nil. Thing is, we won and thats all that counts. Roll on Stoke and the return of Lucas
joey ate the frogs legs
made the swiss roll
now he's munching gladback
jimmy brighton
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games