LIVERPOOL VS. TOTTENHAM - 15 May 2011, KO: 16:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby only me » Sun May 15, 2011 6:35 pm

At least the games showed us we have a lot of pieces to add to our puzzle before we can contend for the premiership. Spurs moved the ball so easily against us with the likes of VDV and Modric while we had Spearing and Lucas to show for. Let's get Scott Parker to start with.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Greavesie » Sun May 15, 2011 6:38 pm

only me wrote:Let's get Scott Parker to start with

:D

:buttrock  :buttrock
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby metalhead » Sun May 15, 2011 6:39 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:meh , can't wait for next season . It's gonna be boss, we had an off day so what. HOWARD WEBB IS A BALDY MANC C.UNT FACT.

:nod
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Sun May 15, 2011 6:39 pm

metalhead wrote:
burjennio wrote:Hugely. To accomodate the big man meant the ball was played long in the air and big guys like Dawson and King thrive in that kind of game. Get the ball wide and look to cross where you can get Carroll a run to attack the ball then he'll be effective but we didnt have the craft to exploit either flank and Kaboul and Rose will be on the team bus right now in shock at how easy a game they had.

Of course even with such a terrible performance it took a deflection and a ridiculous piece of officiating to give Spurs the win. Cheers yet again Webb you  Ferguson puppet  :veryangry

We don't have effective wingers for that unfortunately, so that is why its affecting our game right now. Ashley Young would be a perfect player for Andy Carroll I think.

Id take Downing as well mate, either would be an improvement from a wide position. Any wide player that is happy to whip an early ball in with a bit of accuracy rather that trying to beat 3 men and shoot will be a massive positive to Andy Carroll, I know he muffed the only real chance he had today when we finally got a good cross to him but in the long run he'll put more of those chances away than he'll miss.

And as for anyone criticising Flannigan for giving away a penalty he was mugged by that goat Webb, he goes shoulder to shoulder OUTSIDE THE BOX with that f*cking bluenose and he drops like he'd been clipped by Rocky Marciano. Disgraceful officiating for the millionth time this season and video technology is so overdue now that richest sport in the world is becoming a joke to followers of just about every other game going. Rugby, tennis, cricket, American tootball have made the transition easily so while the hell cant football?
burjennio

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun May 15, 2011 6:40 pm

only me wrote:At least the games showed us we have a lot of pieces to add to our puzzle before we can contend for the premiership. Spurs moved the ball so easily against us with the likes of VDV and Modric while we had Spearing and Lucas to show for. Let's get Scott Parker to start with.

What scott speedie parker! Is that who you mean? WE NEED QUALITY WINGERS TIS ALL . We need to get rid of the sh!te out of the squad to start with and we need to buy quality world class wingers , left back , striker and playmaking midfielder.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Sun May 15, 2011 6:43 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:
only me wrote:At least the games showed us we have a lot of pieces to add to our puzzle before we can contend for the premiership. Spurs moved the ball so easily against us with the likes of VDV and Modric while we had Spearing and Lucas to show for. Let's get Scott Parker to start with.

What scott speedie parker! Is that who you mean? WE NEED QUALITY WINGERS TIS ALL . We need to get rid of the sh!te out of the squad to start with and we need to buy quality world class wingers , left back , striker and playmaking midfielder.

:nod

big summer ahead. I assum FSG are gonna want to cut the wage bill as well so I expect a mass clearout as well as a few quality signings

feck the EL - I dont think anyone ever got excited about it anyway!

Let's rule England first!!!  :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby metalhead » Sun May 15, 2011 6:44 pm

Lets beat Aston Villa first :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Sun May 15, 2011 6:45 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:

If Stevie can remember a bit of defensive responsibility I dont think we need to spend big money on a playmaking midfielder, but we've been crying out for some quality wingers for so long now Im struggling to remember a good wide player for us that didnt have "Candy" written across the front of his shirt  :D
burjennio

Postby metalhead » Sun May 15, 2011 6:48 pm

we need quality wingers - FACT
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun May 15, 2011 7:25 pm

Tottenham were able to double their advantage in the early stages of the second half when they were awarded a penalty after referee Howard Webb had adjudged John Flanagan's shoulder charge on Steven Pienaar to be a foul.

Dalglish preferred to keep his own counsel on the incident when questioned by journalists, admitting he'd rather look at the performance of his own side.

He said: "It's just unhelpful to everybody we can't express our true thoughts and it's even more disappointing that the officials get away scot free without coming in to explain their decisions as well.

"I think it's safer for me to leave it at that and get on with the next question.

"It's not a race for fifth place in my mind, it's just disappointment there at the performance.

"You can have refereeing mistakes but you cannot legislate for that - we can only look after ourselves. We could have been a greater help to ourselves if we had started the game better than we did."

-----------

the difference between Kenny Dalglish and Sir Whiskey Nose.... :nod
Last edited by metalhead on Sun May 15, 2011 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun May 15, 2011 7:40 pm

Modric was the difference today, ran the game and bossed that midfield. Good player him and would have him at Liverpool any day.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Sun May 15, 2011 7:43 pm

ethanr wrote:
Santa wrote:Don't want to blame Webb we all know he's bias...but that should never be a penalty...a 50/50 shoulder charge and Pienear took a tumble and f'kin Webb don't look for 2nd invite to point to the spot. Anyone here think that accommodating Carroll took the cutting edge off our playing style?

Starting to worry about him.  We don't play him and we smack the sh!te out of everybody.  He's back in the team and we have our worst performance in quite some time.  I'm not saying he's not a good player because he is, but it seems like we just don't accommodate properly.  Commentators kept saying we were missing Meireles and I don't buy that for a minute.  Meireles has not played well at all during this hot streak we've had.  Been one of the worst on the pitch if I'm honest.

Sucks we didn't qualify for EL, but what's done is done.  I easily get mad at refs when the feck us, but webb is just a whole different story.  We didn't create anything until the last 10 minutes, but spurs really didn't either... VDV's goal was a lucky deflection and the pen was not a pen, so what did they have over us?  Still, it was a bad performance.

I'm not gonna sit here and say, oh we got some work to do! because we play sh!t once...  We had an off day- simple as that.  We were playing bad and webb wasn't helping our case, luck was definitely not on our side and sometimes that's how things go.

Michael Dawson MOTM by the way.  He got Suarez that yellow with one of the most atrocious dives I've ever seen in my life, and I lost a lot of respect for that, but he was solid as a fecking rock in the back there.  He's the reason we couldn't get anything as he was the only one getting in the way and making all the clearances.

Let's pick it up against villa and end the season on a high.

A bit harsh on Andy. We looked alright against City didn't we?

We just need some decent wingers and he will come good.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Sun May 15, 2011 7:50 pm

lakes10 wrote:oh well can not see us getting 5th now.

Dunno about that.  Spurs play Brum who are fighting for their lives only out of the relegation zone by goal difference..  We play Villa who have nothing to play for.  I actually think we will end up fifth.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun May 15, 2011 8:42 pm

Today's loss to Spurs  could well  prove to be a fortuitous slip  ? ...The players will now be desperate for a European berth next season and with only the cups and the league to play for there will be less distraction .... Thought Flanagan albeit from the penalty was absolutely superb.. Carrolls inclusion was a mistake and the play became disjointed, and we were often less than comfortable in possession ....The fluidity we witnessed at Fulham was completely missing and we passed the ball like veritable strangers .... I'm afraid (and I take no comfort from stating such )Spearing was found out Today ,we needed ingenuity and craft rather than plain workmanlike industry .... Modric when he had the ball was exactly the kind of quality  this team lacks ....as for Van De Vart you simply cant stop class finishes like the exquisite one he guided past Reina .... Roll on next season and with a couple of high  quality additions, we can certainly begin to make strides .
Flanagan just in front of kuyt for my man of the match
Last edited by RED BEERGOGGLES on Sun May 15, 2011 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Sun May 15, 2011 8:49 pm

I'm actually ok with the fact that we may not get the Europa spot, hate that competition with a passion.  The Sunday and Monday fixture have been been really :censored: me off.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games