WBA VS LIVERPOOL - 2nd april 2011 ko 3.00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby mrt » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:23 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
ethanr wrote:
ForeverAugust wrote:
ethanr wrote:Well spurs continue to lose points against bottom clubs as well.  If we can build on this garbage, we could be in good shape.  If we can't.  Well...

By the way Soto was from AEK Athens for whoever thought he was from Rangers.

That was me. I'm sure he played for Rangers once though, didn't he?

*edit* Disregard this post, sorry.

Ahh I see.  Used to play for Rangers then Athens and here... gotcha.

I was starting to think Meireles was quite a signing, but the last 3 or 4 games... I'm really starting to question him.  I was thinking that Adam may not be able to crack the starting lineup, but at this point I'd love Adam over Meireles.

Raul is struggling because he's been put on the wing again....he's NOT a winger.

Dani Pacheco is, also, not a winger, yet is considered by some to be not good enough.  Don't think I've seen him play in his preferred position yet.
mrt

Postby Zidane » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:40 pm

Can't blame Carroll for the hoofing, that falls on the back four.  If Agger and Johnson didn't get injured you can be sure that we would not have been hoofing it all match long.  We need so many new players its unreal.
Zidane

Postby brentd4 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:15 pm

roy isnt good enough for us but we liverpool who r playin good cant beat west brom.....   :censored:,,,,,, :censored:...... :censored:...... we dont desevre european football and we wont deserve it until we beat these teams home away and before we play them,, its a joke,,,,, we r so :censored:, bring in at least 7 new players, sell 7 and wise up
brentd4

Postby RedSi35 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:16 pm

Bunch of :censored:.

We are lacking in so many areas, so dissapointing that johnson and agger went off injured again, jesus agger again, ship him out, his injuries are :censored: this team up too much.
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:17 pm

RedSi35 wrote:Bunch of :censored:.

We are lacking in so many areas, so dissapointing that johnson and agger went off injured again, jesus agger again, ship him out, his injuries are :censored: this team up too much.

as i said before, it's like watching Harry Kewell play in defence.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:00 pm

I hate when these games fecking ruin my weekend at 7 in the fecking morning on saturday...
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby parchpea » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:20 am

You have to consider we went into this match with a centre midfield of Lucas and Spearing and yet even sides at who are anchored at the bottom of the league have superior pairings than that, for example Parker and Hitzlsperger who would have surely been selected for us this afty. I think people need to take the rose tinted off for a bit and consider exactly what we have on the books to pick from. Squads fekin threadbare.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby killerp » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:16 am

Words can not sum up my dissapointment   :(    ...what kind of team am I supporting here?
killerp

Postby laza » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:43 am

As soon as we were denied that clear penalty and the two early injuries, you just tell it wasnt going to be our day. Roll on English summer
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:37 am

Liverpool have enouigh strength in depth to close down a game against West Brom despite injuries. The lads should have settle for a draw and a single poitn once they realised the way the game as panning out - thats whats disappointing and shows a lack of tactical nouse.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedSi35 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:47 am

Reg wrote:Liverpool have enouigh strength in depth to close down a game against West Brom despite injuries. The lads should have settle for a draw and a single poitn once they realised the way the game as panning out - thats whats disappointing and shows a lack of tactical nouse.

Reg, the problem was as i saw it, is when wba got the equalizer we were done for.

We had no leader on the pitch ( a la stevie ) to gee up the team and focus them again, carra isnt the type to do that ( he just blames everyone else ).

As soon as that equalizer went in, i knew we would lose, the crowd picked up and wba players knew they had us. Our heads dropped and despite suarez trying his best, he had no support.

Too many players underperformed, our midfield was frankly abysmal for most of the afternoon.......industrious but :censored: all invention.

Creativity is going to cost us mucho moola
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alwayslfc » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:07 pm

Defence was terrible, midfield was clueless, Suarez-Carroll had not much support. Diehard Kenny fans are right in pointing out the team were missing Kelly, Gerard, Agger, no Alonso replacement and Lucas, Spearing were terrible , the team against Albion was a team B and finally Kenny needs to overhaul the team by making a few star signings in the summer. All these reasons do hold water.

I agree with that and that the Albion game was not our first team and were mostly 2nd rate players. Now, if we were outclassed and thrashed by a strong side with a team B then that was expected. But with a team B against the likes of W.Brom, W.Ham, Wigan in the bottom half and whose players are also equivalent to a Liverpool team B, then those games in theory should be evenly matched. However in those games, we were outclassed and seemed to fear the opponents and even fear of getting the ball.

So if those games with lesser teams are not evenly matched in terms of play and ball possession, then I sadly would have to say it out bluntly, that it could be Kenny's inept management. If the Albion game we were thrashed by any of the top teams then I wouldn't suspect Kenny, but with mediocre players against weak sides we were still outplayed and outclassed, I would have to put it down to the manager.

Now, I love Kenny like a brother due to his past contributions as player and manager. But after games like W.Ham, W.Brom and even Wigan (yes we didn't get beat but still outgunned), I am beginning to suspect he could have lost the edge. But at this moment in time, he is still the best person to manage Liverpool but maybe not in the long run.
alwayslfc

Postby algymoon » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:01 pm

alwayslfc wrote:Defence was terrible, midfield was clueless, Suarez-Carroll had not much support. Diehard Kenny fans are right in pointing out the team were missing Kelly, Gerard, Agger, no Alonso replacement and Lucas, Spearing were terrible , the team against Albion was a team B and finally Kenny needs to overhaul the team by making a few star signings in the summer. All these reasons do hold water.

I agree with that and that the Albion game was not our first team and were mostly 2nd rate players. Now, if we were outclassed and thrashed by a strong side with a team B then that was expected. But with a team B against the likes of W.Brom, W.Ham, Wigan in the bottom half and whose players are also equivalent to a Liverpool team B, then those games in theory should be evenly matched. However in those games, we were outclassed and seemed to fear the opponents and even fear of getting the ball.

So if those games with lesser teams are not evenly matched in terms of play and ball possession, then I sadly would have to say it out bluntly, that it could be Kenny's inept management. If the Albion game we were thrashed by any of the top teams then I wouldn't suspect Kenny, but with mediocre players against weak sides we were still outplayed and outclassed, I would have to put it down to the manager.

Now, I love Kenny like a brother due to his past contributions as player and manager. But after games like W.Ham, W.Brom and even Wigan (yes we didn't get beat but still outgunned), I am beginning to suspect he could have lost the edge. But at this moment in time, he is still the best person to manage Liverpool but maybe not in the long run.

I do agree with you on Lucas, who is no where near master class Alonso, and I can't see the wisdom in giving him new contract few days ago, the LFC is ought to shipping him away totally, he and others like him and they are too many in our squad. Our midfield is very weak, lacks big depth in class, and the defense is very weak too, the Greek & Skrtel makes too many basic mistakes, and that is why we are often outclass and outfought against lower teams.

The team can't win against those teams, not because Kenny's management is in doubt, or he might lost the edge that he had before, it is simply down to crop of below average players that our squad is blessed with!!, just put those shitty players under the management of A. Wenger, Mourinho, or even Alex Ferguson, all of which will struggle badly and wouldn't be able to improve the performances or the results.
algymoon

Postby alwayslfc » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:42 pm

algymoon wrote:
alwayslfc wrote:Defence was terrible, midfield was clueless, Suarez-Carroll had not much support. Diehard Kenny fans are right in pointing out the team were missing Kelly, Gerard, Agger, no Alonso replacement and Lucas, Spearing were terrible , the team against Albion was a team B and finally Kenny needs to overhaul the team by making a few star signings in the summer. All these reasons do hold water.

I do agree with you on Lucas, who is no where near master class Alonso, and I can't see the wisdom in giving him new contract few days ago, the LFC is ought to shipping him away totally, he and others like him and they are too many in our squad. Our midfield is very weak, lacks big depth in class, and the defense is very weak too, the Greek & Skrtel makes too many basic mistakes, and that is why we are often outclass and outfought against lower teams.

The team can't win against those teams, not because Kenny's management is in doubt, or he might lost the edge that he had before, it is simply down to crop of below average players that our squad is blessed with!!, just put those shitty players under the management of A. Wenger, Mourinho, or even Alex Ferguson, all of which will struggle badly and wouldn't be able to improve the performances or the results.

[quote]
I hope you're right that it is not Kenny's fault that the team did so badly and it was down to the mostly rubbish players who were playing.

Why the heck was Lucas offered and new contract? He should have been long gone IMO.

Despite my criticism of Kenny, I still hope to see him in charge next season with a new list of world class players in the team. But I think the widely rumoured 2 year contract with the option of extending is fair. I feel if Kenny still has the passion to do the job, he should be given a fair go like a 2 year contract and a big fund.

From what I saw in WBA game, we need and I'm not exaggerating 8 new world class players to stand a chance in this toughest league in the world next season.

We need a new suitable replacement for Pepe whom I think will want to go, 2 central defenders, 2 playmakers, a left and right winger and another striker to rotate or standin when Suarez/Carroll are injured.

Lucas, Maxi, Cole, Poulsen, Agger, Jova, Soto must be shipped out a.s.a.p. otherwise the ship will sink. All of them are average players suitable for mid table teams except for Agger but he's too injury prone.
alwayslfc

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games