WBA VS LIVERPOOL - 2nd april 2011 ko 3.00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby mrt » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:57 pm

Disappointing.  Not helped by Ghanaian officials, though.
mrt

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:59 pm

fook me the one c*** we didnt want to lose against and this shower of $hit cant even prevent that.

unfookingacceptable.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby Kenny Kan » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:59 pm

f.ucking hell. Knew Roy would come back to haunt us after the way some of us treated him, it's poetic justice.

We were s.hit, players like Kuyt and Lucas, Spearing and all the other s.hit on the bench needing f.ucking off ASAP, can't believe we've given Lucas a new contract, he's s.h.it like half the team.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Raoul » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:59 pm

Injuries and Soto and officials making debatable decisions aside, I think Dalglish is at fault for this performance and ultimately the result.

I'm sure if I look back I'll find posts in which I've complained about Hodgson playing Mereiles on the right instead of the centre. Dalglish's decision to play him on the left, again must be far less defensible, and has failed, again.

We spent most of the first half pumping long balls to Carroll, despite a back four that were not particularly under pressure. It obviously wasn't working, yet we continued all half with the same, presumably planned, tactic. Our best player, Suarez, never got a look in.

I'm sure Johnson going off made a difference to our attack, and certainly Kyriakos coming on made a difference to our defence, but the formation and tactics were wrong, right from the beginning.

Very disappointing from Dalglish IMHO.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:00 pm

Soto, Spearing, Wilson, Kuyt, Lucas....who are these people?  :help

Yeah, let's write this season off. We'll all be back here next game, going through the same old cr*p.

It's the price we pay for being the best fans in the world :)
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby kalos » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:00 pm

We are NOT good enough= FACT

How many of this team would have made the BENCH in our title winning teams?

The answer shows you how many of this shower need to be sold.

Kuyt- works hard  but simply a squad player - maybe

Soto- nuff said

Lucas - hmmmm

Spearing - ???

Wilson - not a starter YET.

Thats almost half the team out there.

We need a minimum FIVE new first team players come the summer.
kalos

Postby ethanr » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:01 pm

feucking horrible... this jsut ruined my fecking weekend... FECK!
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:02 pm

also Atkinson is a grade a c***, this guy needs looking into.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby Kenny Kan » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:04 pm

dawson99 wrote:Can't blame the ref, or Woy, or anything, we aren't good enough, it's that simple. Goodbye Reina, goodbye others who want to go, start again next season

Problem is, the ones who want to stay are s.hit.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby cptrios » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:05 pm

By the way, I'm not saying we didn't play horribly...we did. We more or less don't have a midfield without Gerrard. Kuyt had his worst game in a while, Meireles was shoddy, Spearing was useless, and let's not even talk about Soto...yeesh. But did anyone really expect us to win after having to sub off two of our defenders before the 30-minute mark? This was just an awful confluence of horrible luck and us showing our massive weaknesses. I think this is the first time I've seen a game in many years for which I can honestly blame the officials.

- No penalty for Carroll being taken down early in the match
- A foul called on Carroll any time he had a mean look in his eye, even though Olson and Meite were chucking him around
- (No complaints about the first penalty, I must say)
- No red card and free kick for (Meite? I forget who) wrestling Suarez on a breakaway
- Absolutely terrible offside call on Suarez a bit after that (could definitely have been a goal)
- Second penalty (I can't claim to have seen it very well as my stream was terrible...but there looked to be no contact to me, and even the announcers, who'd been pro-WBA all match, were saying it wasn't a penalty)

If those last three bad calls had gone our way, that's a win for us.

Also, if we had a backup CB who wasn't absolute rubbish (I'm convinced that wherever Soto last played, it's perfectly legal to tackle from behind), that's a win for us. It would have been a win we didn't really deserve on the merits of our play...but it wouldn't have been the :censored:-fest it was.
cptrios

Postby dawson99 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:06 pm

Kuyt - When we win everyone loves him, when we lose hes always the scapegoat, didnt play well enough

Lucas - Is playing great, didnt play well enough

Wilson - One for teh future, didnt play well enough.

The only player who can hold his head up is Reina. The whole team is gash. We need new defence. We need Agger gone, we need 3 or 4 who will always play together. We need to do A LOT
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:07 pm

Hell yeah this is disappointing...this current squad is just not good enough
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cptrios » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:08 pm

I actually thought Wilson had a solid match, given the circumstances. Not a good match, but not a terrible one either. Of course, it helps to have Carroll's evil Greek twin nearby as comparison :laugh:
cptrios

Postby ethanr » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:09 pm

cptrios wrote:By the way, I'm not saying we didn't play horribly...we did. We more or less don't have a midfield without Gerrard. Kuyt had his worst game in a while, Meireles was shoddy, Spearing was useless, and let's not even talk about Soto...yeesh. But did anyone really expect us to win after having to sub off two of our defenders before the 30-minute mark? This was just an awful confluence of horrible luck and us showing our massive weaknesses. I think this is the first time I've seen a game in many years for which I can honestly blame the officials.

- No penalty for Carroll being taken down early in the match
- A foul called on Carroll any time he had a mean look in his eye, even though Olson and Meite were chucking him around
- (No complaints about the first penalty, I must say)
- No red card and free kick for (Meite? I forget who) wrestling Suarez on a breakaway
- Absolutely terrible offside call on Suarez a bit after that (could definitely have been a goal)
- Second penalty (I can't claim to have seen it very well as my stream was terrible...but there looked to be no contact to me, and even the announcers, who'd been pro-WBA all match, were saying it wasn't a penalty)

If those last three bad calls had gone our way, that's a win for us.

Also, if we had a backup CB who wasn't absolute rubbish (I'm convinced that wherever Soto last played, it's perfectly legal to tackle from behind), that's a win for us. It would have been a win we didn't really deserve on the merits of our play...but it wouldn't have been the :censored:-fest it was.

Agree with everything you just said...

Especially the commentators.  One of them especially was sounding so bias I was wondering if he was a West Brom fan!
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby RedAnt » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:10 pm

Soto's the old guy we signed from....Rangers, isn't he? Says it all.

Ya know, we're all looking to next season now, but will it be better? No CL football, Lucas, Kuyt signing new contracts, Stevie G and Jamie another year older, Spearing, Wilson and Kelly are our current front runners from the youth. Ok, Kelly is a BIG plus this year, but....ouch. Sorry to be a doom-monger. I have an awful feeling we should be getting used to being a mid-table team :(
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games