LIVERPOOL VS FULHAM - 26/01/2011 ko 8:00 pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby damjan193 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:54 pm

Thank God we won. We were the better team but we were kind of lucky. But the match where we'll really see weather we've improved or not will be next week against Stoke. If we win that one we might have a better ending of this season than we thought few weeks ago.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:54 pm

only me wrote:Oh well lucky to get this win. Very hysterical performace by all players and manager. All those who talked of trashing Fulham should get a reality check.

BTW - Dempsey anyone?

The score line flattered them even though we were sh!t.

Torres had a perfectly good goal ruled out for offside. The break in the second half where Meireles tried to play in Torres had a goal written all over it.

If it had finished 3-0 no one would of bat an eyelid. The fact it stayed 1-0 gave them hope and that's why we hoofed it for the last 10 mins.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sixbuster » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:55 pm

a win is a win is a win, happy days:D
Forever a red
sixbuster

Postby metalhead » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:55 pm

That was absolute shyte, it wouldn't have made any difference if Lucas even played tonight, Fulham contained us very well and we really lack quality in the final third.

Anyways, a scrappy ugly win... 3 points in the bag :)
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:57 pm

Barca are 4-0
roberto green

Postby ethanr » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:57 pm

Stoke will be interesting.  We started so well and couldn't capitlize on a few great chances.  Hopefully we can pick it up and smash the feck out of stoke.  3 points is 3 points tho and I'm happy for all of em.

Nobody really stood out to me to be honest... Everybody started great and slowed down.  The subs didn't seem much help either.  Johnson is probably my MOTM.  Dempsey looked good tho, should look into signing him.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:57 pm

3 pts is 3pts but it weren't pretty.

I'm not trying to find any scapegoats but Skrtel really is an accident waiting to happen. His decision making and execution of tackles really is shocking at times for a defender.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PabloMedina28 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:57 pm

mkingdom wrote:Points more important than performance.....just.

7th, 3 unbeaten, and now hopefully a couple of players in

We missed Lucas tonight!!

Hopefully people now see how important Lucas is to the team now (whether they like it or not) Gerrard needs to be played furher forward. Personally id play Suso, Miereles and Gerrard behind Torres. I really believe hed comfortably improve or team going forward. Pacheco would also.
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:59 pm

PabloMedina28 wrote:
mkingdom wrote:Points more important than performance.....just.

7th, 3 unbeaten, and now hopefully a couple of players in

We missed Lucas tonight!!

Hopefully people now see how important Lucas is to the team now (whether they like it or not) Gerrard needs to be played furher forward. Personally id play Suso, Miereles and Gerrard behind Torres. I really believe hed comfortably improve or team going forward. Pacheco would also.

Give up on Suso so early. Blimey.

What team drops a youth player into their first game against a side like Stoke.

He'd have no legs left!

Suso wont feature in the senior team until the summer pre-season.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:00 pm

Midfield should consist of Lucas and Raul with Stevie behind Torres, it has to.. hopefully next week we have Lucas back and we go with that.  Gerrard in midfield just doesn't work, I never felt like we controlled the game as much as we could/should have.
Zidane

Postby PabloMedina28 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:00 pm

Felt sorry for that Pansil i thought Gerrard was out of order and lashed out at him twice, a lesser player would of been punished. You think he would of learnt his lesson after just missing  afew games.
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:01 pm

you guys seriously think Lucas would have made a difference? He is a good player but not that good!!! and what does he bring to our attacking play? nothing! the reason we couldn't get the grips of the game because we lacked the final ball and we became really nervous in the last 10 minutes when Fulham attacked us.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:02 pm

metalhead wrote:you guys seriously think Lucas would have made a difference? He is a good player but not that good!!! and what does he bring to our attacking play? nothing! the reason we couldn't get the grips of the game because we lacked the final ball and we became really nervous in the last 10 minutes when Fulham attacked us.

He calms the tempo down and helps us control matches, Gerrard tries to go for that final ball too often and gives the opposition possession when it doesn't come off.  Lucas keeps us ticking a lot better than Stevie.
Zidane

Postby Greavesie » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:03 pm

metalhead wrote:you guys seriously think Lucas would have made a difference? He is a good player but not that good!!! and what does he bring to our attacking play? nothing! the reason we couldn't get the grips of the game because we lacked the final ball and we became really nervous in the last 10 minutes when Fulham attacked us.

agreed. He simply isn't that good. Someone with a precence in midfield to break up play is what we need and atm Lucas is the only player of that type we have (so I can see where people are coming from). I miss Masch, he charged around the pitch like a man posessed and never really bottled a challenge
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby metalhead » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:06 pm

Zidane wrote:

He calms the tempo down and helps us control matches, Gerrard tries to go for that final ball too often and gives the opposition possession when it doesn't come off.  Lucas keeps us ticking a lot better than Stevie.

When did Lucas ever calm the tempo? or done any of that? he would have given away so many freekicks and doesn't keep the ball better than Gerrard.... f*ck me but yes Lucas is a world class player ???
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games