Liverpool vs Everton 13 March 2012, KO: 20:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Johnny Boy » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:22 am

Great win, makes such a difference when we have a midfielder who actually gets forward and tries to score goals.
Carroll showed he deserves at least a good regular run in the side alongside Suarez, which to be fair he just hasn't had. He must play against Stoke.

Only downside is the lack of consistency, how can we be so bad at the weekend?
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:09 am

Great win after so sorely needed after damp squid effort on weekend

Well in Stevie and lads and perfect build up for cuptie
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:23 am

Good performance which we are capable of but its just doing it week in week out.

Ever player stepped up to the mark and did an excellent job but in the back of your mind you still wondering which Liverpool will turn up next game.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Kukilon » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:14 pm

Great performance by the lads last night.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:00 pm

said before the game that i was confident because we nearly always raise our game against this lot and i was right. played with a lot more intensity and urgency and it showed. great effort from everyone involved. henderson was poor again but i can't be bothered criticising him as i'm still buzzing.

gerrard and suarez just different class.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby heimdall » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:24 pm

RUSHIE#9 wrote:Carroll's touches, passing and hold up play were superb tonight and he really brought a lot to the teams performance tonight and he was unlucky not to get on the scoresheet himself in the first half. If we can just get regular performances like that out of him then hopefully the goals will follow.
For me KK has to give him a run of games now, especially if we can keep Gerrard fit and Suarez out of trouble and they can all build an understanding over the close of this season.

Sorry but I could not disagree any more, I thought Caroll was his usual cr@p self, constantly jogging around and being in the wrong position for almost every single pass to him, take Stevie's last goal as an example, we see Stevie pick up the ball and sprint towards the Everton goal ably helped by Suarez, where is Carroll, oh only about 20 yards further back jogging calmly towards the area. He is an utter waste of space and I hope we can drop him and start playing some of the youngsters they cannot be any worse it would be impossible to be worse than zero.
heimdall

Postby devaney » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:38 am

What is it with some of these bitter blues who had their hands firmly pressed on their faces during the match, mocking the Hillsborough tragedy? Some of their own fans families also lost friends and relations. Their are times when I hate football. We have been no better in the past with the Munich nonsense that some idiots actually think is clever. These morons regard themselves as real supporters because they go to the games. The reality is that they are a disgrace to society.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:12 am

heimdall wrote:
RUSHIE#9 wrote:Carroll's touches, passing and hold up play were superb tonight and he really brought a lot to the teams performance tonight and he was unlucky not to get on the scoresheet himself in the first half. If we can just get regular performances like that out of him then hopefully the goals will follow.
For me KK has to give him a run of games now, especially if we can keep Gerrard fit and Suarez out of trouble and they can all build an understanding over the close of this season.

Sorry but I could not disagree any more, I thought Caroll was his usual cr@p self, constantly jogging around and being in the wrong position for almost every single pass to him, take Stevie's last goal as an example, we see Stevie pick up the ball and sprint towards the Everton goal ably helped by Suarez, where is Carroll, oh only about 20 yards further back jogging calmly towards the area. He is an utter waste of space and I hope we can drop him and start playing some of the youngsters they cannot be any worse it would be impossible to be worse than zero.

Your entitled to your opinion but in the face of most on here thinking the opposite about Carrolls performance and the vast majority of press reports also credit him for a good performance - your opinion hardly seems objective. You clearly dislike him and will not bring yourself (or maybe are unable?) to give credit where credit is due. Shame.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:22 am

All this talk about a good performance from Carroll....folks, I was at the game, and he looked clumsy, his first touch was cack - generally - though once or twice he laid off a decent ball. I really don't see how anyone can say he played well, tbh.
Sorry, I don't agree he had a good game. Nor did Henderson.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:56 am

bunglemark2 wrote:All this talk about a good performance from Carroll....folks, I was at the game, and he looked clumsy, his first touch was cack - generally - though once or twice he laid off a decent ball. I really don't see how anyone can say he played well, tbh.

I agree about Henderson, looked nervous and a liability.

I wasn't at the game however I distinctly noticed lots of applause for Carroll and general good reception whilst watching the game on TV. Maybe you were sitting in the miserable section?
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:25 pm

I thought Henderson played some half decent stuff in the second half but given his recent performances anything would be an improvement!

As for AC we all know he isn't Messi !!  The lad has shown signs of improvement recently which is encouraging and the fans can see that and are trying to help him to gain some much needed confidence.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby heimdall » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:09 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:All this talk about a good performance from Carroll....folks, I was at the game, and he looked clumsy, his first touch was cack - generally - though once or twice he laid off a decent ball. I really don't see how anyone can say he played well, tbh.

I agree about Henderson, looked nervous and a liability.

I wasn't at the game however I distinctly noticed lots of applause for Carroll and general good reception whilst watching the game on TV. Maybe you were sitting in the miserable section?

I saw the game again on TV and Carroll did actually look a bit better, certainly in the second half. The bottom line is if you compare him to Suarez then he is not even half the player and they were both playing as strikers. I don't have anything personal against Andy and as a Liverpool fan I want him to do well but I just don't see it, in the same way as I don't think Adam will ever be more than a squad player for us.
heimdall

Postby stmichael » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:40 pm

heimdall wrote:I saw the game again on TV and Carroll did actually look a bit better, certainly in the second half. The bottom line is if you compare him to Suarez then he is not even half the player and they were both playing as strikers.

it's not about individual ability necessarily, it's about a partnership.

comparing carroll in terms of ability to suarez is just stupid. you won't find many strikers in world football who are as skilful and able to make things happen as easily as luis does.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games