LIVERPOOL vs Stoke  7 Oct 2012 3pm KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby sniffy98 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:36 pm

Boxscarf you make some valid points mate. Suarez has done some downright stupid things and has tarnished our image many times. That is upsetting. However I just think that currently we do not have the riches of a City where they can just dump Balotelli and bring in a Dzeko or Tevez..or Aguero etc. Suarez is our biggest threat and has been our best player since his arrival. I wouldn't want to lose that. BR needs to take him aside and make it clear that his antics must stop and are not acceptable at a club like ours.
sniffy98

Postby sniffy98 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:40 pm

It's like when Ginola used to dive, Spuds were never going to sack him. Or fake Ron at the Mancs. Or Pires at Arsenal. Those clubs looked at the quality the players in question had and just decided that despite the negativity, they were still worth persevering with because long term it was in their interests to keep them.
sniffy98

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:49 pm

sniffy98 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:36 pm wrote:Boxscarf you make some valid points mate. Suarez has done some downright stupid things and has tarnished our image many times. That is upsetting. However I just think that currently we do not have the riches of a City where they can just dump Balotelli and bring in a Dzeko or Tevez..or Aguero etc. Suarez is our biggest threat and has been our best player since his arrival. I wouldn't want to lose that. BR needs to take him aside and make it clear that his antics must stop and are not acceptable at a club like ours.

He should have learned from the Evra incident, but he hasn't. If I was Suarez, I would have knuckled down, got my head down and let my talent do the talking. No, not Luis, he continually whinges and plays the victim whilst acting like an idiot - I can have no sympathy for him whatsoever. I don't care how good a footballer is, if his presence at our club is harming our image and reputation then the said player needs to be shown the door. It's ashame because he is a talented footballer, but never in all the years of supporting this club have I found myself so utterly disgusted with one of our footballers and it shouldn't be this way.

People say he needs a talking to, but how many talks is this fella going to need in order to change? What happens if he never changes? He's 25 years old, he's not a youngster anymore, he's a seasoned professional who has 7 years of professional experience behind him and has won 54 caps for his country. He should know how to behave himself. I fully support Tony Pulis's comments and it shouldn't only be directed to Suarez, because there are plenty of other players in the League who like to play act to get decisions. The sooner referees start issuing yellow cards or the FA starts handing fines and suspensions to repeat offenders the better. Simulation costs teams points and it undermines one of the main principles on which football was built on and that's fairness.
Boxscarf

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:50 pm

sniffy98 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:40 pm wrote:It's like when Ginola used to dive, Spuds were never going to sack him. Or fake Ron at the Mancs. Or Pires at Arsenal. Those clubs looked at the quality the players in question had and just decided that despite the negativity, they were still worth persevering with because long term it was in their interests to keep them.

Were any of those players charged with using racial language to an opposition player?
Boxscarf

Postby sniffy98 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:24 pm

Then you could say that Chelski must sack Terry - but they wont.

My point about Pires and Ronaldo was that they too were divers but were kept on at the club.

I agree with much of what you say and am frustrated at the sheer stupidity of some of his antics. But I guess the way I look at it is without Suarez we'd be much worse - and considering our current standing, I just do not want us to slip any further behind. Yes he needs to take more responsibility and start behaving himself. I hope it can somehow be sorted internally.
sniffy98

Postby dundreamin » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:13 pm

Remove suarez and we will be in a relegation battle. Wake up people we are in the poo BIG TIME
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby dundreamin » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:42 pm

Remove suarez and we will be in a relegation battle. Wake up people we are in the poo BIG TIME
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:34 am

Gerrard had a stinker.

And for all those condemning Suarez, F.UCK RIGHT OFF YOU C.UNTS. Suarez gets f.uck all from the refs (Norwich last week), so I don't blame him for one incident of simulation when he gets hacked to bits time and time again by yard dogs and nothing from it. Huth f.ucking stamped on him! Who's whinging about that, not 1 LFC "fan" on here. Yet everyone cries about 1 act of simulation. C.UNTS, you sound like match commentators and pi$$ poor pundits. Agree with JC, sky generation  fans taking over now.  :no
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:39 am

Doeboy » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:48 am wrote:Big fan of Luis, but he does himself no favours with this nonsense

What are you guys talking about that's a clear pen!  Oh wait.. I thought that was Valencia...

Missed the game as I was traveling home.  Saw that Suarez dove like that, and it's an absolute disgrace.  We finally have a case with Suarez never getting pens that he should, then he goes and dives and people feel it justifies him not getting pens.  It's his own fault when he pulls that Sh*t, and that's absolutely ridiculous. Now when he gets taken down in the box next time he definitely won't get a pen.  Can't stand Stoke.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby laza » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:43 am

john craig » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:10 am wrote:This forum really has gone downhill over the years.

There used to be some sensible debate after a bad result, now it's just children spitting the dummy out.

Sky TV has a lot to answer for with the current generation of jumped up spoiled brat fans who demand instant success from their teams.  Here's a tip, if you're looking for that here you're 'supporting' the wrong team.  Maybe mumsie can fork out for a Man City top for Christmas for you instead this year.

I think just mirrors Liverpool fortunes over last few years John however this year there seems to be for me a pile of posters who either on the WUM or just cant accept the Dalglish sacking and want to  revel in the negativity

As for Suraez, I dont like seeing the dive  but considering the aggressive tactics employed by Stoke including what should have been a red card for stomp by Huth, plus f*ck all from Refs even when we play at home. I can understand the frustation
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:48 am

ethanr » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:39 pm wrote:
Doeboy » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:48 am wrote:Big fan of Luis, but he does himself no favours with this nonsense

What are you guys talking about that's a clear pen!  Oh wait.. I thought that was Valencia...

Missed the game as I was traveling home.  Saw that Suarez dove like that, and it's an absolute disgrace.  We finally have a case with Suarez never getting pens that he should, then he goes and dives and people feel it justifies him not getting pens.  It's his own fault when he pulls that Sh*t, and that's absolutely ridiculous. Now when he gets taken down in the box next time he definitely won't get a pen.  Can't stand Stoke.

F.uck off with your sarcastic Valencia jibes. If you didn't watch the match don't wade in and jump on this Suarez dives bandwagon sheep.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:07 am

Are you f*cking kidding me?  Technology has advanced in recent years, and there's this fantastic thing called a video that you can watch now to see something after it's already happened. 

I missed the game because I was unfortunately stuck in a family matter, I don't miss games often, maybe 2 or 3 a season in all competitions.  That means waking up at 4 in the morning, finding some piece of Sh*t feed in which you can barely tell the players a part, and sit scrunched up for a couple of hours next to the computer.  Just because I missed this game I now have no right to have an opinion?

My opinion is simply this.  Luis has been absolutely ***** by the refs this year and it's so unfair I don't know what anybody can do about it.  Everybody has started to get on his side recently because the penalties are so obvious and so blatant.  Now he actually does dive, and not even one that anybody could possibly find some dispute to (like Valencia's- even though any dispute is absolute bias bull Sh*t, it's still actually possible).  Now refs will justify not giving him pens for another month since he's gone down like that.  You can't blame them as much as you could before.  If he had another incident where he's clearly fouled and it's not called, it would have been the ref's head, but I'm sure it would have been called.  Now I can almost guarantee the next pen he should get, he won't, because he did an absolute disgrace of a dive.

I don't care how the game went, I don't care what the score is, who the opponent is, how important the game is, or any other circumstance.  You don't dive to win, you don't dive to draw, and you don't dive to lose by less.  You don't dive for pens no matter what, it's a disgrace. We aren't manchester united players, we aren't manchester united fans, we aren't okay with winning like that and we don't ask for it.  We don't cheat to win games.  I've never accepted that and I never will, so sorry that I actually missed this one (first one I've missed this season I believe), I didn't want to, but sometimes things come up.  Sorry I missed his blatant dive, and saw a very clear video on it.  I love Suarez as much as any Liverpool fans, but I never have and never will support diving.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:15 am

ethanr » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:07 am wrote:Are you f*cking kidding me?  Technology has advanced in recent years, and there's this fantastic thing called a video that you can watch now to see something after it's already happened. 

I missed the game because I was unfortunately stuck in a family matter, I don't miss games often, maybe 2 or 3 a season in all competitions.  That means waking up at 4 in the morning, finding some piece of Sh*t feed in which you can barely tell the players a part, and sit scrunched up for a couple of hours next to the computer.  Just because I missed this game I now have no right to have an opinion?

My opinion is simply this.  Luis has been absolutely ***** by the refs this year and it's so unfair I don't know what anybody can do about it.  Everybody has started to get on his side recently because the penalties are so obvious and so blatant.  Now he actually does dive, and not even one that anybody could possibly find some dispute to (like Valencia's- even though any dispute is absolute bias bull Sh*t, it's still actually possible).  Now refs will justify not giving him pens for another month since he's gone down like that.  You can't blame them as much as you could before.  If he had another incident where he's clearly fouled and it's not called, it would have been the ref's head, but I'm sure it would have been called.  Now I can almost guarantee the next pen he should get, he won't, because he did an absolute disgrace of a dive.

I don't care how the game went, I don't care what the score is, who the opponent is, how important the game is, or any other circumstance.  You don't dive to win, you don't dive to draw, and you don't dive to lose by less.  You don't dive for pens no matter what, it's a disgrace. We aren't manchester united players, we aren't manchester united fans, we aren't okay with winning like that and we don't ask for it.  We don't cheat to win games.  I've never accepted that and I never will, so sorry that I actually missed this one (first one I've missed this season I believe), I didn't want to, but sometimes things come up.  Sorry I missed his blatant dive, and saw a very clear video on it.  I love Suarez as much as any Liverpool fans, but I never have and never will support diving.

So you also missed Huth's stamp on Suarez but you don't care for other "circumstances" because of your myopic view.

And as for you rambling on for no actual reason apart from seeking a pat  on the back because you get up at 4am, you're not getting it here- ask ya "mom" you sarcastic tw@t.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:35 am

So now that we are struggling we turn on the one and only player in our squad that can lift us over the line when the chips are down.

He bites people, boo-hoo. Didn't know we cared what he did before he came here.

He is a racist. Based on what? What a manc "truthfully and honesty" testified about? Hey guess what Evra is a "s**t stirring kiddy fiddling lying douchbag" because he told me so a few weeks ago. Hey FA do you want to jump in and suspend him for the rest of the season on my testimony alone? No, sorry I guess you are too busy apologising to the white knight Sir John Terry and his outrageous 4 week suspension when he actually WAS racist. Silly me!

He dives a lot. Really? Does he now? Do we get rewarded for his stupidity? No. Do the Mancs and Cheatski scum do when their players flip flop around like drunken sailors in the box, YOU BETCHA!!!!! Why aren't people having a whinge about what is really going on the league?

But that's alright lets all point our fingers at the foreigner, the mastermind criminal Luis Suarez. Who is responsible for every evil committed in the game in this day and age. The sooner we get rid of this "always playing the victim" (hmmm, that sounds familiar) scumbag terrorist, the better off we will be. We need more INGISH players in our sides, more players in the mould of Sir John Terry.......

F**k me you lot are a disgrace  :no  :no
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Reg » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:42 am

We took a hammering from Bascombe in the Telegraph I see....
++
Stalemate: Liverpool and Stoke City could not find a goal between them at Anfield

By Chris Bascombe, at Anfield
5:00PM BST 07 Oct 2012

Rodgers said he’d be happy for Liverpool to ditch some of the guile and embrace the ugly side of football to claim more victories.

There was plenty of the unattractive on show on Merseyside – if you want the beautiful game when Stoke roll into town bring a DVD player of someone else’s matches – but the first home Premier League win of the season continues to elude the new manager.

Liverpool hit the post three times in the second half and dominated possession with a frequency which would have left those believing football is won with impressive stat-packs salivating, but these sob stories are starting to resemble the Mills and Boon back catalogue.

When Luis Suarez, Raheem Sterling and, in injury time, Martin Skrtel hit the woodwork they did so after opportunistic attempts rather than clear-cut opportunities. There were no sitters missed, just moments of individual brilliance, and a couple of breathtaking dives, from

Suarez, and the impudence of Sterling offering hope of a winner.

It was no failure of tactics or systems undermining Liverpool, just the familiar lack of a finishing touch where it matters. Rodgers has inherited that flaw and has yet to be given the tools to remedy it, although it was suggested the lack of a ‘plan b’ – a tall striker to challenge for hopeful long balls (currently located at Upton Park, perhaps?) – could have offered a different option.

“I don’t really do the desperation thing in the last ten minutes where you’re kicking it long,” said Rodgers.

“When January comes we will see if we can revisit that.”

The real problem is this felt like a footballing cut and paste job.

Whatever you’ve read about any home Liverpool performance since 2010, nothing much has changed yet.

The instruction to anyone coming to Anfield is sit tight, keep your discipline at the back and wait for your chance, which more often than not will come in Liver Bird decorated gift-wrap.

Stoke had two first half chances courtesy of Pepe Reina’s desire to prove he could deputise in the Spanish squad for Xavi rather than Iker Casillas.

Reina inexplicably passed his goalkick into a crowded midfield, Nuri Sahin’s back-pass was timid, and Charlie Adam blew his chance to inflict revenge for his summer sale by firing at the Spanish goalkeeper’s legs.

Reina repeated the trick on 20 minutes, again casually kicking into the centre and having to scurry back to push Michael Kightly’s 25 yard chip over the bar.

At that stage Stoke were imposing their physicality on a technical but lightweight Liverpool midfield, although the robust challenges tried the patience of referee Lee Mason.

There’s no denying Stoke and Liverpool pursue vastly different football fashions. This was like a style challenge between Gok Wan and Wurzel Gummidge, a subdued crowd only provoked into passion when it demanded the referee adopt a tougher line against the robust Stoke tackling.

There were six bookings, all for Stoke players.

Robert Huth’s was the most contentious because he was only showed yellow for preventing Suarez racing through on goal on 33 minutes. It could have been a red, although the Uruguayan still had some distance to the penalty area.

Pulis declined to comment on whether that was just, but he did appeal for Suarez’s second half dive to be highlighted. He was right too, the laments about the Uruguayan not getting penalties sound hollow when you see incidents such as this.

It was a reckless final act in the desperate pursuit of an elusive Anfield win, but one which merely accentuated Liverpool’s lingering home discomforts.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games