LIVERPOOL V FULHAM    01-05-2012 19:45

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby RichardLFC1 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:00 pm

The visit of Fulham 3 days after a fabulous performance away at Norwich. With a Fa cup final 4 days after we could see some players having a rest whilst others try to push for a starting place for saturday.

The reverse fixture this season was dissapointing and sums up our season. Dominated the game but couldnt hit the back of the net. Unfortunately we lost 1-0 a very un deserved result.

Danger men - Liverpool Luis Suarez - After a fantastic performance and Getting his 1st hatrick in a red jersey Suarez will go in to the game on a high along with alot of the other players.

Danger men - Fulham Clint Dempsey - Has had a very good season scoring many goals playing just behind a lone striker. Linking up with pogrenyanak (SP) looking very threatning

I think many of our players will be taking a rest i just hope it doesnt bite us in the as tommorow.

I'd go for a 4 - 2- -2-2

Reina
Johnson                                Carragher                         Skrtle                    Aurelio

Spearing                            Gerrard

Shelvey                                                                Bellamy
                                     Carroll                             kuyt

2-0 Red men

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Tue May 01, 2012 1:49 am

Can't wait to see Riise at Anfield again :D.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby jacdaniel » Tue May 01, 2012 9:32 am

OP.... you'd start Aurelio?   :D   I cant remember the last time he's played for us.

I think its important to try and finish above Everton and have some form going to the final, but Id play Doni and rest anyone that gets injured easily.  (agger, gerrard).  Think Id also leave Bellamy out.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue May 01, 2012 11:29 am

I would rest Gerrard and Suarez and get the rest of the lads to go out and play for their Wembley place.  It is imperative we pick up maximum points in the remaining games and hope Everton lose a game somewhere along the way.
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby lukey6664 » Tue May 01, 2012 11:42 am

Hi i'm new and this is my first time posting on here! I was just wondering if people on here are confident going iinto the F.A cup final against Chelsea as they seem to be in good form of late and seem to have got Torres scoring again.Whats people's predictions on here? :-)
lukey6664
LFC Basic Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue May 01, 2012 12:06 pm

lukey6664 » Tue May 01, 2012 11:42 am wrote:Hi i'm new and this is my first time posting on here! I was just wondering if people on here are confident going iinto the F.A cup final against Chelsea as they seem to be in good form of late and seem to have got Torres scoring again.Whats people's predictions on here? :-)

welcome to the forum mate.
i take it your a chelsea fan then?.
at the moment id say our chances are 50/50.wembley is a good hunting ground for us and we always seem to be able to raise our game beyond our form in the big matches so id say it will be a close affair that will could come down to who takes their chances.
torres has qualities but agger and skyrtel know his game well and he will have to be on top form to lose them.suarez is a tricky player who has also lots to his game and he could cause serious problems if given the room.
id go for a 2.1 win late on to us. :cool:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Tue May 01, 2012 12:26 pm

If we win, let's see if we can do more than 5 pages.

I have no doubt that if we lose 10 pages will easily be eclipsed.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby mramo » Tue May 01, 2012 12:29 pm

RichardLFC1 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:00 pm wrote:The visit of Fulham 3 days after a fabulous performance away at Norwich. With a Fa cup final 4 days after we could see some players having a rest whilst others try to push for a starting place for saturday.

The reverse fixture this season was dissapointing and sums up our season. Dominated the game but couldnt hit the back of the net. Unfortunately we lost 1-0 a very un deserved result.

Danger men - Liverpool Luis Suarez - After a fantastic performance and Getting his 1st hatrick in a red jersey Suarez will go in to the game on a high along with alot of the other players.

Danger men - Fulham Clint Dempsey - Has had a very good season scoring many goals playing just behind a lone striker. Linking up with pogrenyanak (SP) looking very threatning

I think many of our players will be taking a rest i just hope it doesnt bite us in the as tommorow.

I'd go for a 4 - 2- -2-2

Reina
Johnson                                Carragher                         Skrtle                    Aurelio

Spearing                            Gerrard

Shelvey                                                                Bellamy
                                     Carroll                             kuyt

2-0 Red men

I highly doubt we will risk playing Gerrard from the start. He will likely make a cameo appearance at the end. Otherwise I see Maxi in Gerrards place, Flanaghan ahead of Johnson (Kelly still injured), and perhaps Coates ahead of Skrtel with some youngsters on the bench (maybe Sterling)
mramo

Postby lukey6664 » Tue May 01, 2012 12:47 pm

I am indeed a Chelsea fan! And i agree that Liverpool this strange quality in being able to raise there game on big occassions but i also think that Chelsea posses the same quality i think if both team play there best 11 which they obviously will and both teams play 100% i think Chelsea have more quality on the pitch with Mata , Sturidge , Torres/Drogba  as the front 3 i just can't see the likes of Skrtle and Carragher being able to contain them. I maybe wrong who knows? If we were to write down the 2 squads i thinks Chelsea have superior players.
lukey6664
LFC Basic Member

Postby lukey6664 » Tue May 01, 2012 1:44 pm

I am indeed a Chelsea fan! And i agree that Liverpool this strange quality in being able to raise there game on big occassions but i also think that Chelsea posses the same quality i think if both team play there best 11 which they obviously will and both teams play 100% i think Chelsea have more quality on the pitch with Mata , Sturidge , Torres/Drogba  as the front 3 i just can't see the likes of Skrtle and Carragher being able to contain them. I maybe wrong who knows? If we were to write down the 2 squads i thinks Chelsea have superior players.
lukey6664
LFC Basic Member

Postby damjan193 » Tue May 01, 2012 2:54 pm

lukey6664 » Tue May 01, 2012 11:47 am wrote:I am indeed a Chelsea fan! And i agree that Liverpool this strange quality in being able to raise there game on big occassions but i also think that Chelsea posses the same quality i think if both team play there best 11 which they obviously will and both teams play 100% i think Chelsea have more quality on the pitch with Mata , Sturidge , Torres/Drogba  as the front 3 i just can't see the likes of Skrtle and Carragher being able to contain them. I maybe wrong who knows? If we were to write down the 2 squads i thinks Chelsea have superior players.

You guys said the same thing the last time we played, and the 3 times before that. Thought you'd learn by now.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby lukey6664 » Tue May 01, 2012 2:59 pm

Your right we did but we had a 33 Year old manager who's only experience was one good season in one of the poorest leagues in the world now we have a manager who loves the club and has not only previously played in this league but has also managed in it aswel. We are on fire and you have been in poor form of late up until the weekend going on form and talent at the disposal of the managers we have got to be the favorite's sorry but thems the facts. :-)
lukey6664
LFC Basic Member

Postby supersub » Tue May 01, 2012 3:27 pm

I hope we make wholesale changes tonight.........I'd prefer none of this Saturday's starting 11 played .....give some of the young eager beavers a run out
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby jacdaniel » Tue May 01, 2012 3:47 pm

lukey6664 » Tue May 01, 2012 1:59 pm wrote:Your right we did but we had a 33 Year old manager who's only experience was one good season in one of the poorest leagues in the world now we have a manager who loves the club and has not only previously played in this league but has also managed in it as well.

He might love the club but he'll also be gone soon enough.   

Anyways, this thread is about the Liverpool vs Fulham match later on.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Raoul » Tue May 01, 2012 3:48 pm

Reina

Flanagan        Carra      Coates         Robinson

Kuyt            Henderson      Shelvey         Aurelio

Maxi
                    Carroll

Can't see us winning with that side, but wouldn't mind seeing it anyway. I remember Johnson saying in an interview somewhere that Coates is the slowest player in the team (slower than Carra?!), so it would interesting to see how that would go...

I think our midfield against Chelsea will need to include Gerrard, Spearing plus one of Henderson/Shelvey, so today is the audition for the two of them. Bellamy will need to be rested tonight, so probably Downing will start on the left tonight, but I'd be tempted to save him until Aurelio goes off injured.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games