LIVERPOOL V FULHAM    01-05-2012 19:45

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue May 01, 2012 9:51 pm

Kash_Mountain » Tue May 01, 2012 8:40 pm wrote:Utter shyte. There was no one in the side that can take the game by the scruff and turn it around for us

We are fu'cked when there is no leader on the pitch and as much as I think Carra has declined in the last few years he has leadership qualities that none of the others on the pitch have.
We are always going to struggle without someone either giving orders or leading by example and Im surprised KK decided to leave Carra out tonight seeing as he rested Gerrard.
If he wanted to win tonight he went the wrong way about it
Thommo's perm

Postby mart » Tue May 01, 2012 9:55 pm

Thommo's perm » Tue May 01, 2012 8:51 pm wrote:
Kash_Mountain » Tue May 01, 2012 8:40 pm wrote:Utter shyte. There was no one in the side that can take the game by the scruff and turn it around for us

We are fu'cked when there is no leader on the pitch and as much as I think Carra has declined in the last few years he has leadership qualities that none of the others on the pitch have.
We are always going to struggle without someone either giving orders or leading by example and Im surprised KK decided to leave Carra out tonight seeing as he rested Gerrard.
If he wanted to win tonight he went the wrong way about it

Honestly we havent seen much of the leadership qualities of either kenny, carra or gerrard this season.
I dont think that it would have made any difference if he had played.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby Simari » Tue May 01, 2012 9:56 pm

Can understand the frustration but it's been clear to me all week through Kenny's interviews that he was going to field a team out for window shopping.

It does suck to lose at home but as I'd mentioned earlier, this game was good as dead rubber before ko.
Simari
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue May 01, 2012 9:58 pm

Some of you might laugh at Hodgson but Kenny's no better. At least there are clubs out there who approach the former to manage the team but Kenny has been unemployed for a decade and there's a reason for that, which is simply because he isn't good enough. Stop living in the past guys, Kenny isn't the same manager he was when he first took charge of Liverpool. He's been out of the game for too long, and his approach to games is prehistoric. His decision makings are retarded, his purchases are questionable and he doesn't seem to have a game plan. At least under Rafa, we were never underestimated and teams didn't come to Anfield thinking they could get a point from us. I didn't understand taking off Aurelio for Enrique for example. And why is Downing and Sterling playing on opposite flanks? They kept cutting in to get crosses in and gave us no width at all. If you're gonna buy a left winger, and spend such an exorbitant amount on him, play him in his fkng position! I'm concerned about our game against Chelsea, not the FA Cup, but the league game after that. Fulham are level on points with us and Sunderland aren't far off. We could easily finish 10th if we carry on this way. Comolli was dismissed for not being good enough, I don't see why see Kenny should be given a different treatment just because he's a legend. Having said that, Doni and Carroll played very well today. Doni kept the scoreline decent, while you could see Carroll's confidence as the game went on. I don't recall a single time he lost an aerial challenge, and if he did, it was a foul.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby haps » Tue May 01, 2012 9:59 pm

I left the forum mainly because I got so bloody irritated by one ridiculous poster.  But i couldn't make the game tonight and gave my ticket to my sister.  I didn't have high hopes anyway.  i knew the team would be a reserve outfit with Saturday in mind.  But we are still Liverpool FC.  I have to say this.  Kenny Dalglish represents all that is good about this club and I love the man.  But, so sadly, he doesn't have what it takes to manage at the top Premier League level.  He just doesn't.  That aside, players who should be shipped out:   Shelvey, Spearing, Downing, Kuyt (love Dirk but it is time and he knows it too), Maxi.  Carroll - for some reason i want to give him more time, as with Henderson.  There's a lot kore there.  Obviously we know that is not remotely the team that will play at Wembley.  And thank the stars for that.  So so poor at slicing open a defence.  People, we are heading for a possible 9th or 10th place this season.  Kenny, we love you and (possibly) two cups is terrific.  Show us yer medals we can say to the Bitters and even the Mancs this year.  But the league is the benchmark.  Don;t let the gleam of silverware fool you.  We'd all be much much happier with a third place and a genuine sign of a team that will challenge for the big pot next season than two cups and nowhere in the league.  we have lost at home this year to the likes of Fulham, Wigan,West Brom, not to mention some of the shambles away from home.  Anyone remember the performance, never mind the result at Bolton??? Or Sunderland.  then there was the debacle at QPR and on it goes.  And on.  An don.  we've lost more than we won now ... is that right??  I'm just going off the top of my head here but it's appalling.

Kenny to go in the summer, hopefully.  Sorry, it won't work.  I really would love to be more patient and hope for the best and I know tonight was an anomaly because of the cup final but we are still LFC and we are playing at home and we have a proud history and that is being torn down right now.  I felt dreadful watching that Manchester handbag fight last night, knowing we aren't even at the ball game.  we aren't close. 

One bright note.  Raheem Sterling.  Must be involved a LOT next season.  hopefully with Martin O' Neill (let's see what he can do at a really big club while we still are one, and its resources) or Frank Rikjaard deciding the team and tactics.  Kenny was blessed with the likes of John Barnes, Ian Rush, Jan Molby, Steve McMahon, Ray Houghton, Ronnie Whelan, John Aldridge, Alan Hansen etc etc but he can't polish these turds.

Bt the way, I think we'll do Chelsea 2-1  ;)
haps

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue May 01, 2012 10:03 pm

maypaxvobiscum » Tue May 01, 2012 8:58 pm wrote:Some of you might laugh at Hodgson but Kenny's no better. At least there are clubs out there who approach the former to manage the team but Kenny has been unemployed for a decade and there's a reason for that, which is simply because he isn't good enough. Stop living in the past guys, Kenny isn't the same manager he was when he first took charge of Liverpool. He's been out of the game for too long, and his approach to games is prehistoric. His decision makings are retarded, his purchases are questionable and he doesn't seem to have a game plan. At least under Rafa, we were never underestimated and teams didn't come to Anfield thinking they could get a point from us. I didn't understand taking off Aurelio for Enrique for example. And why is Downing and Sterling playing on opposite flanks? They kept cutting in to get crosses in and gave us no width at all. If you're gonna buy a left winger, and spend such an exorbitant amount on him, play him in his fkng position! I'm concerned about our game against Chelsea, not the FA Cup, but the league game after that. Fulham are level on points with us and Sunderland aren't far off. We could easily finish 10th if we carry on this way. Comolli was dismissed for not being good enough, I don't see why see Kenny should be given a different treatment just because he's a legend. Having said that, Doni and Carroll played very well today. Doni kept the scoreline decent, while you could see Carroll's confidence as the game went on. I don't recall a single time he lost an aerial challenge, and if he did, it was a foul.

harsh, but true
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Tue May 01, 2012 10:04 pm

makes kennys job in picking the fa cup team easy.
feel for kenny, he gave outside players a chance to stand up and get picked for an fa cup final and apart from 3 playets they all Sh*t on him.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue May 01, 2012 10:07 pm

lakes10 » Tue May 01, 2012 9:04 pm wrote:makes kennys job in picking the fa cup team easy.
feel for kenny, he gave outside players a chance to stand up and get picked for an fa cup final and apart from 3 playets they all Sh*t on him.

mate, he does it to himself...that team was a joke today and included some of his big money flops. Kenny's setting new records for being sh!t and if we finish outside the top 8 then it will be the first time since 1954, when we were relegated
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Tue May 01, 2012 10:09 pm

Was planning on watching this game, but was stuck in the hospital for my mom.  Apparently I did't miss much, but when I checked the lineup I knew we weren't gonna win.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby D___C » Tue May 01, 2012 10:12 pm

Simari » Tue May 01, 2012 8:56 pm wrote:Can understand the frustration but it's been clear to me all week through Kenny's interviews that he was going to field a team out for window shopping.

It does suck to lose at home but as I'd mentioned earlier, this game was good as dead rubber before ko.

window shopping? Two of those players he forked out 55 million on.

something has to happen.
D___C

Postby D___C » Tue May 01, 2012 10:14 pm

lakes10 » Tue May 01, 2012 9:04 pm wrote:makes kennys job in picking the fa cup team easy.

"feel for kenny... he gave outside players a chance"

Again.. two of those he forked out 55 million on.

His management has been savage.
D___C

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue May 01, 2012 10:14 pm

ethanr » Tue May 01, 2012 9:09 pm wrote:Was planning on watching this game, but was stuck in the hospital for my mom.  Apparently I did't miss much, but when I checked the lineup I knew we weren't gonna win.

Hope your mom is doing well Ethan.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby banana(real one) » Tue May 01, 2012 10:16 pm

Feel sorry for Kenny? Now that's low. He is training and working with those guys, he is setting the tactics (or lack of), he has 100 % of the responsibility and still you have the nerve to come here and turn facts around as if it was the players that failed Kenny.

Mate, it is Kenny who is failing the players. Keep on living your dream, but don't expect me to go down with you and Kenny to the Championship without putting up a verbal fight.
banana(real one)
LFC Basic Member

Postby mart » Tue May 01, 2012 10:16 pm

We have made excuses for other players for a year because "they need time to gel", but we expect great things from players that have hardly played together? When kenny decided on this untried and unbalanced setup i doubt he had big hopes for how the match would end. It was quite obvious that we didnt really care about the result in this match.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Tue May 01, 2012 10:20 pm

Sorry but this dross is not acceptable, regardless of whether we add the fa cup to the league cup. League is bread and butter and to be so far off the champions league places with so much money spent is a disgrace. If it was anyone else in charge, he would have been sacked by now.

I have serious doubts as to whether things will be different next season, i seriously want the team to do well under Kenny, but finding it very difficult to see it. If he stays over the summer, his first 8-10 (possibly even less) fixtures next season will make or break him. Extremely dissapointed this season and if we do the double, it doesn't paper over the cracks for me
Doeboy

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games