Everton v Liverpool Sunday 3rd March 2019 at 4.15pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:10 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:26 am wrote:Coutinho should never be allowed to wear our shirt again - he refused to play for us , came up with an injury to force himself out of the club - we have moved on from the little snake , he made his Barcelona bed and he can sit there and rot , zero sympathy for him.

Is Virgil a snake? What about Dejan? Or Sadio? Do you think our players left their previous clubs in a shower of rose petals and heartfelt thank you's?
Or are you just a hypocrite that doesn't mind players engineering their way out of clubs as long as we are the beneficiaries?
Stop clutching at those pearls of yours Benny, players playing hardball to get a move is just part of the modern game.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:21 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:10 pm wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:26 am wrote:Coutinho should never be allowed to wear our shirt again - he refused to play for us , came up with an injury to force himself out of the club - we have moved on from the little snake , he made his Barcelona bed and he can sit there and rot , zero sympathy for him.

Is Virgil a snake? What about Dejan? Or Sadio? Do you think our players left their previous clubs in a shower of rose petals and heartfelt thank you's?
Or are you just a hypocrite that doesn't mind players engineering their way out of clubs as long as we are the beneficiaries?
Stop clutching at those pearls of yours Benny, players playing hardball to get a move is just part of the modern game.

Well Couts did it to us  :grinning:  ,and that's a huge difference..He had no urgency leaving Mid Season ,he knew he couldn't play CL footy under Barca ,he could have waited till end of season.
We brought him back to life from the dead...He was buried in Italy and we gave him the chance to shine on the top center stage of European Football ,the least he could is leave with pride.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:21 pm

agreed Yakka, never see our fans complaining when we use dubious tactics to sign players, its just the way it is so lets not act all high and mighty.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:33 pm

Fowler_E7 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:21 pm wrote:agreed Yakka, never see our fans complaining when we use dubious tactics to sign players, its just the way it is so lets not act all high and mighty.

Yep, also I seem to remember Fulham reporting us to the FA over our pursuit of Clint Dempsey and Southampton threatening to do so over Virgil until we backed off and apologised profusely.
I seem to remember Red Bull and Lyon having a few uncomplimentary things to say about our pursuits of Naby and Fekir as well. It's not just players who play hardball when it comes to transfers, clubs aren't exactly Angels either.
Makes all this pearl clutching even more laughable.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:34 pm

That’s what they did to get out of Southampton to come to us because they wanted to more forward in their career and make the step up because they believed the club they wanted to was bigger

Coutinho will never wear a Liverpool shirt again - Klopp tried his best to persuade him , he faked an injury and disrespected this club and believed we weren’t good enough for him going forward . We have moved on and actually having a better season without , get over it - he will rightly never come back. The manager wouldn’t touch him.
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:42 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:34 pm wrote:

That’s what they did to get out of Southampton to come to us because they wanted to more forward in their career and make the step up because they believed the club they wanted to was bigger

Coutinho will never wear a Liverpool shirt again - Klopp tried his best to persuade him , he faked an injury and disrespected this club and believed we weren’t good enough for him going forward . We have moved on and actually having a better season without , get over it - he will rightly never come back. The manager wouldn’t touch him.

And you don't think that in the wider world of football Barcelona is regarded as a bigger club than Liverpool? How have the likes of Virgil, Dejan etc done anything different to Phil? In fact if I recall correctly a few of our lads actually went on strike (or at least threatened to) if they didn't get their move here.
What you are saying Benny is it's perfectly fine when it happens in our favour but when it happens against us it's beyond the pale. That makes you a hypocrite Benny.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Red Rum » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:56 pm

damjan193 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:27 pm wrote:
I heard Klopp the other day saying that we need just one season to win the league. After that, after the pressure is over, it'll be easier.

Maybe Klopp meant one more season to try and win the league before he Loses his Job. because if we don't win anything this season, that's THREE full seasons without a single trophy, getting no further than the 4th round in both the FA and League cups, having spent big bucks for players.

A lot of pressure will be on our manager, the longer we go without silverware.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Red Rum » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:57 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:53 pm wrote:I'll say it again the club should have went out in January and got Phil back on loan.

Stop smoking the weed Yakka  :D
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:00 pm

Red Rum » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:57 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:53 pm wrote:I'll say it again the club should have went out in January and got Phil back on loan.

Getting him was a lot more realistic than De Bruyne RR! At least the papers were talking about him going to United.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:02 pm

Agree Yakka and really can't argue with this. As much and we are a big club in our own right, in the cold light of day, Barca and Madrid are a level or two above not only on us but most other clubs. Utd, even with all their modern day success and cash had to let Ronaldo go once Madrid came calling and it's just the pecking order in football. I don't think there's many footballers out there who will chose a club over Madrid/Barca and once one of those two really make a hard push for one of your players, 9 times out of 10 there's only one outcome.

We've done the same to Southampton and Leipzig for example so finding it difficult to complain when it happens to us.
Doeboy

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:58 pm

Yakk you miss the point

I don’t recall anyone saying it’s fine for someone to go on strike

If I was a Southampton fan then I wouldn’t want the players who disrespected the club to go back

VVD etc haven’t disrespected Liverpool - if anything they tried anything to get to Liverpool

Phil the Snake tried anything to leave - he showed disrespect to the fan base , to the manager and to the club - if he is regretting it - tough , his fault and he can rot away , same with any player who did all they can to leave. And our manager will feel the same - the player left midway through the season , he did everything he could to leave - and you want to welcome him back , no thanks.

It’s sad how you hark to the past
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:12 pm

And whatever happened to Clint Dempsey?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Rum » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:37 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:00 pm wrote:
Red Rum » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:57 pm wrote:

Getting him was a lot more realistic than De Bruyne RR! At least the papers were talking about him going to United.

Yes but we should "tap up" Dr Bruyne and get him to put in a transfer request, like we did with VVD. He supports LFC too!
Should do the trick.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:21 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:58 pm wrote:Yakk you miss the point

If I was a Southampton fan then I wouldn’t want the players who disrespected the club to go back

VVD etc haven’t disrespected Liverpool - if anything they tried anything to get to Liverpool

Phil the Snake tried anything to leave - he showed disrespect to the fan base , to the manager and to the club - if he is regretting it - tough , his fault and he can rot away , same with any player who did all they can to leave. And our manager will feel the same - the player left midway through the season , he did everything he could to leave - and you want to welcome him back , no thanks.

Just as I said, you are perfectly fine with our players doing it to other clubs but you see your @rse when someone does it to us. You're a hypocrite Ben.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:34 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:21 pm wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:58 pm wrote:Yakk you miss the point

Just as I said, you are perfectly fine with our players doing it to other clubs but you see your @rse when someone does it to us. You're a hypocrite Ben.

They aren’t “our” players when they do it - they are other clubs players - when they sign for us then they become our players and I expect them to treat our club with respect regardless of what they did previously - Coutinho didn’t respect the club so he will never pull on a Liverpool shirt again

VVD , Mane etc have shown nothing but respect for Liverpool the club we support.

I will have the same attitude towards any player who does it to “our club” - if you can’t understand that you never will
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games