Everton v Liverpool Sunday 3rd March 2019 at 4.15pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Doeboy » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:52 pm

Jamie Carragher: “Liverpool have only lost one game this season. I played in a season where we only lost two games and still didn’t win the league.

“It doesn’t matter how many games you lose, it’s points that are dropped, and these points at the moment are proving vital.”

I think this is the issue. With 7 draws this season (joint highest with 4 other teams in the top half of the table), it is beginning to take it's toll. We still have plenty of games left and still only 1 point behind so no panic or need to be to too downbeat but think we are fast approaching the point where Klopp is going to have to be more positive with his subs and look to up the ante in games which are heading towards draws and aggressively look to convert them to wins. Maybe in his eyes that time isn't now and main thing is not to lose and ensure we are there or there about but we must surely be fast approaching that time.
Doeboy

Postby Red Rum » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:49 pm

Not enough midfielders chipping in with goals also, when it's not happening for the front three.
Milner has just three this season. :(
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:53 pm

5 draws in our last 7 games. The @rse has well and truly fell out of our attack, I'll say it again the club should have went out in January and got Phil back on loan. Okay he wouldn't have been able to play in the CL but seriously, who gives a ***** about the CL?
We sat on our hands back in 2014 when we had the chance to strengthen and I can't believe we've done the same thing again this year.
Virgil is holding this team....in fact this club together atm, never mind £75m if he would have cost £150m he still would have been worth every penny.
He's the only Liverpool player I've got any faith in atm, he's the only one you know is going to play well. Every time a match day comes around it's a friggin toss of a coin wether any of the others are going to bother turning but you just know that the big man will be there and ready to go. Wether we win the league or not VVD's contribution this season shouldn't be forgotten, the only game where he wasn't at his best was when he dragged himself off his sick bed. The man's a Trojan.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:07 am

Yup I agree VVD is the heart and soul of our team at atm. He is world class a cut above the rest.

Yup Couts loan would've been a very good option in Jan. It is evident we are lacking in the mid as far as creativity and goals are concerned. 1-0 rusty wins are games where titles are won. Sadly we are just accumulating a lot of draws.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:23 am

On paper, Coutinho on loan sounds great but why would they loan us a player that cost them £140million odd only a year ago? He has played a part in 38 of their games this season (all competitions), starting 25 of them so not like he is completely out the picture there. Even if Barca were up for it, they'd want a huge loan fee considering the price they paid for him but bottom line is there is no way they are going to be loaning someone they've paid so much for.
Doeboy

Postby damjan193 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:27 am

It's like the pressure to play and win the league for this club is too great,having not won this title in 30 odd years. It was a big game today but we crumbled under pressure, the players, Klopp, everyone (except for maybe the best CB in the world). I hear all the "midfield doesn't help our attackers" talk and I agree, but today in particular the reason we didn't win was because of the huge amount of pressure to take all 3 points and we just couldn't take it. We had a few perfectly good chances but didn't take them, any other game all three would have went in.

I heard Klopp the other day saying that we need just one season to win the league. After that, after the pressure is over, it'll be easier. He's not wrong, but that applies to both the players and him. Unfortunately, it looks very unlikely that that "one season" is gonna be this year.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:41 am

Doeboy » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:23 pm wrote:On paper, Coutinho on loan sounds great but why would they loan us a player that cost them £140million odd only a year ago? He has played a part in 38 of their games this season (all competitions), starting 25 of them so not like he is completely out the picture there. Even if Barca were up for it, they'd want a huge loan fee considering the price they paid for him but bottom line is there is no way they are going to be loaning someone they've paid so much for.

Around January there was lots of talk about him leaving, I think if we would have came in then and said to Barca we'll take him for 6 months I think they would have been up for it. It may have cost us a few bob but how much money have we thrown down the drain over the last 30 years trying to win this title?
If not Phil we should have tried to get someone, anyone, who can see a pass.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:56 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:41 pm wrote:
Doeboy » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:23 pm wrote:On paper, Coutinho on loan sounds great but why would they loan us a player that cost them £140million odd only a year ago? He has played a part in 38 of their games this season (all competitions), starting 25 of them so not like he is completely out the picture there. Even if Barca were up for it, they'd want a huge loan fee considering the price they paid for him but bottom line is there is no way they are going to be loaning someone they've paid so much for.

Around January there was lots of talk about him leaving, I think if we would have came in then and said to Barca we'll take him for 6 months I think they would have been up for it. It may have cost us a few bob but how much money have we thrown down the drain over the last 30 years trying to win this title?
If not Phil we should have tried to get someone, anyone, who can see a pass.

Yup agree with should have tried to get someone in who can give us that creative spark. I'm not too sure there was any real substance in the talk of Coutinho leaving in Jan to be honest. He is still getting game time there and it wouldn't have looked great for Barca having spent so much on him and then loan him to the same team they bought him from a year later. He's started 10 games for them in 2019 with a couple of appearances off the bench so don't think they'd have let him go as he still seems to be in their plans for this season anyway.
Doeboy

Postby Franky000 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:30 am

I remember saying to my dad a while back when we were 7 points in front that if we win the league it will be the Liverpool way - that means we’ll drop down to second and make it difficult for ourselves before snatching it at the death. I’m going to try not to give up hope just yet.
Franky000

Postby killerp » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:35 am

We are chokers and title pretenders that defend very well. Hope I live to see the day when all the missing parts come together at the same time!
killerp

Postby only me » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:53 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:53 pm wrote:5 draws in our last 7 games. The @rse has well and truly fell out of our attack, I'll say it again the club should have went out in January and got Phil back on loan. Okay he wouldn't have been able to play in the CL but seriously, who gives a ***** about the CL?
We sat on our hands back in 2014 when we had the chance to strengthen and I can't believe we've done the same thing again this year.
Virgil is holding this team....in fact this club together atm, never mind £75m if he would have cost £150m he still would have been worth every penny.
He's the only Liverpool player I've got any faith in atm, he's the only one you know is going to play well. Every time a match day comes around it's a friggin toss of a coin wether any of the others are going to bother turning but you just know that the big man will be there and ready to go. Wether we win the league or not VVD's contribution this season shouldn't be forgotten, the only game where he wasn't at his best was when he dragged himself off his sick bed. The man's a Trojan.

We had this discussion around January...The inability to recognize the changing tide of history or the special moment in which we are,This year and in 2014 ,is baffling and in football terms "Criminal"..It was obvious for most to see ,we had/have a great chance going all the way ,but we needed to dig a bit deeper into our pocket (which is loaded in money BTW) and get some additional quality,even if they don't work out,get those players which offer you more flexibility more options ,don't sit on your a$$ and hope it will all remain great...Alarm bells were ringing back then.

I must say having 9-10 games left i can't say that Klopp succeeded in establishing a system or at least an attacking system to the team..Which is amazing considering we led the league..In too many games it pretty much rested on chance and luck..Because our defense is so good a small lead usually sealed the game but really when you look at the attacking style of the team it's not there..I think losing bovac was huge because the team looked brainless and hopeless on way too many games.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:26 am

Coutinho should never be allowed to wear our shirt again - he refused to play for us , came up with an injury to force himself out of the club - we have moved on from the little snake , he made his Barcelona bed and he can sit there and rot , zero sympathy for him.
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:15 am

Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:26 am wrote:Coutinho should never be allowed to wear our shirt again - he refused to play for us , came up with an injury to force himself out of the club - we have moved on from the little snake , he made his Barcelona bed and he can sit there and rot , zero sympathy for him.

I agree...There are other players out their we should have reached out to...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:48 am

'Reach out...'  don't use that kind of sh!te round here, we pay them 100 thou a week to score goals, we don't 'reach out' to these mercenary b'stards.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:41 am

I dont think we lack enough personnel to get us over the line however Klopp is being far too conservative with the midfield lineups, we were crying out for the likes of Keita and Shaq to be involved in the last two games. However you cant blame Klopp for Salah and Firmino's lack of form but we are definitely relying on them too heavily for goals, our midfield contribute next to nothing in terms of goals. Weve only got 9 games to go lets not limp over the line Klopp needs to show more faith in his creative midfielders and go for it.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games