LIVERPOOL V FULHAM    01-05-2012 19:45

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby D___C » Tue May 01, 2012 10:21 pm

another record tumbles under Kenny
D___C

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue May 01, 2012 10:38 pm

We needed a leader on the pitch
They won through a deflected jammy goal

Dalglish, who made nine changes to his side ahead of Saturday's FA Cup final, reflected: "Our attitude wasn't right, and if you go in with a bad attitude you're going to get a bad performance. That's what we got. I'm culpable as well because I changed the players to try and give everybody an opportunity to get in the frame for Saturday. I suppose maybe by doing that it was a contributory factor to what happened. There were one or two positives but there were too many negatives. If you go into a game with that attitude you're going to get nothing, and that's what we deserved."

He has to stop being too nice
:glare:
Thommo's perm

Postby Woollyback » Tue May 01, 2012 10:47 pm

maybe that's part of the problem. the team tonight need their pampered ***** kicking the length and breadth of anfield tonight then hauled back into training at 7am tomorrow. they let kenny down, they let the supporters down, and they let the club down. woeful.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mart » Tue May 01, 2012 10:52 pm

Woollyback » Tue May 01, 2012 9:47 pm wrote:maybe that's part of the problem. the team tonight need their pampered ***** kicking the length and breadth of anfield tonight then hauled back into training at 7am tomorrow. they let kenny down, they let the supporters down, and they let the club down. woeful.

If only it was that simple.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby Boxscarf » Tue May 01, 2012 11:19 pm

I knew we'd lose tonight, simply because everyone seems to be obsessing with the FA Cup on Saturday and we had best win that bloody trophy because to lose to Fulham and then to Chelsea will not leave me in the best of moods.
Boxscarf

Postby RedAnt » Tue May 01, 2012 11:24 pm

banana(real one) » Tue May 01, 2012 9:16 pm wrote: but don't expect me to go down with you and Kenny to the Championship without putting up a verbal fight.

In text, I presume?  :D

But no, to claim he has 100% resposibility is false. We're all one (supposed to be) team...fans, staff, players, coaches, everyone. Tonight was pathetic. We have one ray of hope in that we didn't really, REALLY try to win this game. We simply weren't ars*ed. Part of me wonders if perhaps Kenny has already been given the boot *consentual or otherwise) but has the FA cup game to try and walk away with pride. That would at least motivate the players. The way they played tonight was leaderless and without hope.
Last edited by RedAnt on Tue May 01, 2012 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Simari » Tue May 01, 2012 11:25 pm

D___C » Tue May 01, 2012 9:12 pm wrote:
Simari » Tue May 01, 2012 8:56 pm wrote:Can understand the frustration but it's been clear to me all week through Kenny's interviews that he was going to field a team out for window shopping.

It does suck to lose at home but as I'd mentioned earlier, this game was good as dead rubber before ko.

window shopping? Two of those players he forked out 55 million on.

something has to happen.

I don't think you understand the concept of window shopping. In any case, whilst you do make sense at times - I have to agree that more often than not, you're simply out to pick a fruitless argument  :D

Would help if you read comments before the game started to put things in perspective too
Simari
LFC Super Member

Postby killerp » Wed May 02, 2012 12:22 am

Before the game some people were talking about players having a chance to audition for the FA Cup final, I would argue that it was more like an audition for who we should cull from the team!
killerp

Postby Reg » Wed May 02, 2012 12:33 am

Boxscarf » Wed May 02, 2012 6:19 am wrote:I knew we'd lose tonight, simply because everyone seems to be obsessing with the FA Cup on Saturday and we had best win that bloody trophy because to lose to Fulham and then to Chelsea will not leave me in the best of moods.

I would remind everyone that back in 1977 we beat Man Utd 1-0 the week before the FA Cup Final.

Either the lads are good enough or they're not, and not to be able to recover from an own goal after just 5 minutes shows what a deplorable mess the playing side of the club is in.

I would like to hear Steve Clarke's side of the story, surely he has a lot to answer for?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alwayslfc » Wed May 02, 2012 2:12 am

Though we all have the FA Cup in mind, the Fulham result was extremely bitter and hard to get over. If your opponents couldn't score against you, then score for them. That game and result typically summarise most of our home games. I was over the moon when Kenny replaced Hodgson but did have the fear he might cocked up because he hadn't managed in 10 years and he was sacked in his last PL manager post. I am just curious whether FSG will terminate him after this season.

In my assessment, Kenny doesn't have what it takes anymore to be like what he was last time round. For those who are pro Kenny, like I said before, it's time to think with our heads not our hearts. If Hodgson were still in charge with these kinds of results, he would be getting death threats by now I'm sure like Houllier at the tail end of his tenure. But with Dalglish, many fans would be giving all sorts of flimsy excuses just because of his legendary status. So please, we're supporters of Liverpool FC not supporters of KD. If he can get the job done, good, we love him, if he cannot, we still love him but it's time to find someone better who understands the modern game. He has done what he came here for and that was to steer us out of relegation zone and he had done a fantastic job last season but now he has overstayed his welcome. If he is allowed to continue next season, my greatest fear would be for Liverpool current tragic league form will be carried forward to next season, scary thought indeed.
alwayslfc

Postby Boocity » Wed May 02, 2012 6:22 am

What last nights game proved was just how poor our squad is, no depth and no talent. In the Manc derby, Utd had three strikers on the bench, we have three strikers full stop and really only one is a striker the others can only be classed as forwards.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Johnny Boy » Wed May 02, 2012 7:28 am

I hope Skrtel being picked last night doesn't mean he won't play on Saturday.
For me Kenny has disrupted his level of performance by messing about with the team too much.

As for the game, dreadful performance, atmosphere quiet to say the least you wouldn't imagine we had a cup final at the weekend.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby supersub » Wed May 02, 2012 9:09 am

[quote="[url=http://www.liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=1167515#p1167515]Reg » Wed May 02, 2012 12:33 am[/url
I would remind everyone that back in 1977 we beat Man Utd 1-0 the week before the FA Cup Final.

[/quote]

To clarify this statement the win against Man utd occured 18 days before the final and only 1 player was different from the final line up.There was also 4 games of the league season left and we needed to collect points to win the league.
The 4 games finished with 3draws and a defeat 5 days before the final.The run up to the final finished  (a) QPR 1-1,(a) Cov 0-0,(h) W.Ham 0-0,BristolC (a) 1-2

the final game 3 players were rested...Keegan , Heighway, and Joey Jones and it was Alec Lindsay's one and only game that season and his last farewell.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby jacdaniel » Wed May 02, 2012 9:34 am

2 of my mates travelled over last night from Dublin.  Up at 6am, boat over, hang out for a few hours, brought to Anfield, and then back home after match.  Almost 24 hours of travelling for that pathetic display. 

I understand we've got a final on Saturday but the fans at least deserve to see a team trying to win.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Bad Bob » Wed May 02, 2012 12:05 pm

The performance was very poor and reinforced that some of the squad are nowhere near the level we require to get back to the top of the league.  With that said, I'm surprised some people are questioning the wisdom of resting the liklely starters (Skrtel aside) ahead of Saturday's final.  Perhaps an issue of fitness factors in but I think it has more to do with potential injuries and suspensions.  Lest you forget, we had to field our third choice keeper in the semi-final because our back-up picked up a red card in a Tuesday night encounter with Blackburn.  If we'd played, say, Bellamy and he picked up a knock or Suarez somehow got himself sent off with a couple of silly bookings, we'd be in deep trouble.  Yes, it absolutely stings to be below the Bitters and level on points with Fulham.  It's not good enough and not even a 2nd cup win on Saturday will change the fact that we've been poor in the league and utterly diabolical at Anfield.  But, we can't get higher than 7th at this stage and we have a shot at a second piece of silverware on Saturday.  It's a no-brainer to rest the first 11 against Fulham on a Tuesday night.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games