LIVERPOOL vs Stoke  7 Oct 2012 3pm KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ethanr » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:46 am

Kenny Kan » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:15 pm wrote:
ethanr » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:07 am wrote:Are you f*cking kidding me?  Technology has advanced in recent years, and there's this fantastic thing called a video that you can watch now to see something after it's already happened. 

I missed the game because I was unfortunately stuck in a family matter, I don't miss games often, maybe 2 or 3 a season in all competitions.  That means waking up at 4 in the morning, finding some piece of Sh*t feed in which you can barely tell the players a part, and sit scrunched up for a couple of hours next to the computer.  Just because I missed this game I now have no right to have an opinion?

My opinion is simply this.  Luis has been absolutely ***** by the refs this year and it's so unfair I don't know what anybody can do about it.  Everybody has started to get on his side recently because the penalties are so obvious and so blatant.  Now he actually does dive, and not even one that anybody could possibly find some dispute to (like Valencia's- even though any dispute is absolute bias bull Sh*t, it's still actually possible).  Now refs will justify not giving him pens for another month since he's gone down like that.  You can't blame them as much as you could before.  If he had another incident where he's clearly fouled and it's not called, it would have been the ref's head, but I'm sure it would have been called.  Now I can almost guarantee the next pen he should get, he won't, because he did an absolute disgrace of a dive.

I don't care how the game went, I don't care what the score is, who the opponent is, how important the game is, or any other circumstance.  You don't dive to win, you don't dive to draw, and you don't dive to lose by less.  You don't dive for pens no matter what, it's a disgrace. We aren't manchester united players, we aren't manchester united fans, we aren't okay with winning like that and we don't ask for it.  We don't cheat to win games.  I've never accepted that and I never will, so sorry that I actually missed this one (first one I've missed this season I believe), I didn't want to, but sometimes things come up.  Sorry I missed his blatant dive, and saw a very clear video on it.  I love Suarez as much as any Liverpool fans, but I never have and never will support diving.

So you also missed Huth's stamp on Suarez but you don't care for other "circumstances" because of your myopic view.

And as for you rambling on for no actual reason apart from seeking a pat  on the back because you get up at 4am, you're not getting it here- ask ya "mom" you sarcastic tw@t.

What other clubs do doesn't concern me.  If Pulis tells his players to do that type of thing, and they do that type of thing, then that's just the type of club they are and they type of people they are.  Us as Liverpool fans should have higher standards for our players and our club (I know most of us do).  Was the stamp by Huth wrong? Absolutely.  But I'm much more concerned by the fact that Suarez took a dive again tonight.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Reg » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:36 am

All this criticism of Suarez hides the fact Stoke had 6 players booked - more than half the team and that their tactics was obviously that aggression and dirty play was the way to beat Liverpool.  Pulis should face up to the fact his own tactics were a darn sight more disgraceful than anything Suarez could conjure up. 

I thought that clubs having a certain number of men booked ina  single game had to appear before an FA enquiry - is that true?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:42 am

Reg » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:36 pm wrote:All this criticism of Suarez hides the fact Stoke had 6 players booked - more than half the team and that their tactics was obviously that aggression and dirty play was the way to beat Liverpool.  Pulis should face up to the fact his own tactics were a darn sight more disgraceful than anything Suarez could conjure up. 

I thought that clubs having a certain number of men booked ina  single game had to appear before an FA enquiry - is that true?

I think it may be, but it's more than 6 if it is, or more than a higher number of the total cards between the two clubs.  I think it could be a cumulative number over a short period of time, but I'm not sure if it's a set number.  I think I remember a club getting in trouble 3 or 4 years ago for too many cards in like 3 fixtures or something.

Another thing that's p!ssed me off is how the media have handled this game.  Multiple sources have stated that Suarez took a dive in the box. From Soccernet:

"Suarez then showed the best and worst of his talents in the space of a couple of minutes, first with a dive in the penalty area that was embarrassingly obvious"

The media will pretty much never flat out say a player took a dive, no matter how blatantly obvious it.  They always cushion it by saying something like "appeared to go down easier" or "seemingly fell without much contact." 

Not that it takes away from the fact that Suarez was wrong, but my goodness the media really do love this guy.
ethanr

Postby laza » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:47 am

Reg » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:36 am wrote:All this criticism of Suarez hides the fact Stoke had 6 players booked - more than half the team and that their tactics was obviously that aggression and dirty play was the way to beat Liverpool.  Pulis should face up to the fact his own tactics were a darn sight more disgraceful than anything Suarez could conjure up. 

Yeah as someone said on RAWK site Tony Pullis has done a great job of turning a rugby side into Championship football side.
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:51 am

Yesterdays game was poor from the performance of the majority of the players to the Anfield Crowd utter disgrace.

We got a clean sheet because they wasnt really interested in scoring. Suarez dive was disgraceful and his attempted handball was even worse. Saying that i am going to stick up for the guy on one point.

Somebody cant be assed finding out who said he doesnt respect the club.

If he didnt respect the club and want to do his best for the club he wouldnt care about trying to get penalties ETC he'd mope around and collect his wages like many players have done at Liverpool and other clubs. He wants to win for Liverpool.

A striker has to be purchased and will be purchased in January and until then we are going to have to be solid at the back and try to win games 1-0.

When Joe cole came on i was a bit iffy and he didnt play too bad he just is as slow as Carragher. Not sure when Lucas is back but whenever that is im hoping that Gerrard can be pushed higher up the field.

The best 3 players yesterday were the youngest Sterling Suso and wisdom not one of them stopped for a second until suso came off. We were never going to win that game and wont win a fixture of this set up until we purchase a quality goal scoring striker.

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:58 am

Another thing that's p!ssed me off is how the media have handled this game.  Multiple sources have stated that Suarez took a dive in the box. From Soccernet:

"Suarez then showed the best and worst of his talents in the space of a couple of minutes, first with a dive in the penalty area that was embarrassingly obvious"

:laugh:

F.ucking irony. Your first post in this thread in which you admittedly didn't watch the game was to condemn Suarez's dive. You're no better than the media you whinge about Mr Sky Sport.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby the lone wolf » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:01 am

LFC1990 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:51 am wrote:Yesterdays game was poor from the performance of the majority of the players to the Anfield Crowd utter disgrace.

We got a clean sheet because they wasnt really interested in scoring. Suarez dive was disgraceful and his attempted handball was even worse. Saying that i am going to stick up for the guy on one point.

Somebody cant be assed finding out who said he doesnt respect the club.

If he didnt respect the club and want to do his best for the club he wouldnt care about trying to get penalties ETC he'd mope around and collect his wages like many players have done at Liverpool and other clubs. He wants to win for Liverpool.

A striker has to be purchased and will be purchased in January and until then we are going to have to be solid at the back and try to win games 1-0.

When Joe cole came on i was a bit iffy and he didnt play too bad he just is as slow as Carragher. Not sure when Lucas is back but whenever that is im hoping that Gerrard can be pushed higher up the field.

The best 3 players yesterday were the youngest Sterling Suso and wisdom not one of them stopped for a second until suso came off. We were never going to win that game and wont win a fixture of this set up until we purchase a quality goal scoring striker.

AGREE
the lone wolf
LFC Basic Member

Postby stmichael » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:35 pm

i detest stoke and pulis.

has the audacity to bang on about how suarez should be booked for diving whilst completely ignoring the fact that he was kicked from pillar to post for 90 minutes by his bunch of thugs. huth stamped on him and should have seen red. they had 6 booked overall. luckily for stoke lee mason is arguably the worst referee in the league.

as for the game itself, a clean sheet is an obvious plus but it just highlighted once again the need for a top quality goalscorer.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:30 pm

before that game yesterday rodgers would have instructed the team to work hard on keeping a clean sheet.we werent as open and pressing high up the field as we normally do.we were more focussed on counter attacking during this game.
stoke are not a good side and are heavilly reliant on physical football and we dont have the players or experience in the team atm to cope with that.they came looking for a result and they got it which is hugely disapointing seen as we should be better than that especially at home.
overall though it was disapointing we dropped 2 points at home again and failed to hit the heights expected especially since the norwich win a week ago.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:31 pm

huth gets nothing for his stamp as mason deemed it "accidental".  :laugh:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby devaney » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:30 pm

Pulis is a fkg clown !!!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:23 pm

Kenny Kan » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:58 pm wrote:

:laugh:

F.ucking irony. Your first post in this thread in which you admittedly didn't watch the game was to condemn Suarez's dive. You're no better than the media you whinge about Mr Sky Sport.

And yet I saw the dive... just as I've seen many dives not called.

I know you're superior to all of us, but get a life man  :)
ethanr

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:31 pm

ethanr » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:23 pm wrote:

:laugh: , mate yer talking to the forums "Crocodile Dundee" and despite the movie, he's never lived in California  :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:04 pm

woof woof ! » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:31 pm wrote:
ethanr » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:23 pm wrote:

:laugh: , mate yer talking to the forums "Crocodile Dundee" and despite the movie, he's never lived in California  :D

California. Now there's an idea, perhaps you should holiday there old wise one. They speak English there, kind of.  :laugh:
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby dundreamin » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:49 pm

What about RPV,s absolute foul FA does FOOK all about that. The games bent from the top down there's backhanders going on everywhere. Power corrupts and by god these lot are totally corrupt. As we should know after 23 years of B.ULLSHIT
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games