Everton v Liverpool Sunday 3rd March 2019 at 4.15pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Red Rum » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:26 pm

So did Torres and Sterling when they left, spat their dummy out, refused to train, feign injury, put in a transfer request etc.

What Coutinho did was unforgivable, feigning injury, that's like refusing to play which is also a breach of contract.

Who cares. The magic midget is history. Wouldn't have that little backstabber back of the club, even on a free.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby devaney » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:20 am

I think RR and LIP are being incredibly naive.

£50m for Torres when he was damaged goods, Circa £70m for Suarez when he was an irritant and an embarrassment to LFC, £45m for Sterling and a ridiculous £142m for Coutinho. Yes none of them did us any favours in the way that they left the club. McManaman and Owen weren’t any different except that they made sure that we got virtually nothing when they left.
Keeping supporters happy is relatively important and just how much of the behaviour of all of those players was generated or manipulated by LFC and agents.

When Suarez and Coutinho signed contracts a few months prior to leaving do you honestly think that LFC didn’t know that they were going to leave. Owen and McManaman cost LFC a fortune by being allowed to run down their contracts. McManaman went to Real Madrid on a free. Owen was sold for a paltry £8m to Real Madrid and 12 months later after a poor year was sold to Newcastle for more than double what Madrid had paid. History suggests that we were not going to let that happen again. If it was your business what would you have done? All of those players wanted to go to what they regarded as better clubs. We simply have to accept that times have changed. Footballers are mercenaries and who can blame them when you consider the crazy money that they are paid.

Liverpool allowed Rushie to be sold to Juventus for a British transfer record of £3.2m in the mid eighties at a time when Liverpool were winning everything. On that occasion the club were regarded as money grabbing villains by a lot of supporters. Again history would suggest that they weren’t going to make that mistake again !!
Last edited by devaney on Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:26 am

Sorry I’m confused at your point ?

I have no issues with the club getting as much money as possible from snakes who disrespected the club when looking to get out

My point is that I would never want those people back at tbe club - Sterling , Suarez , Coutinho - all disrespected the club in their actions towards the club and fans when leaving. So if Coutinho is regretting it - tough we got good money and he can rot over there if it doesn’t work out
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:38 am

I’m confused by your entire thought process.

Lallana you simply have one rule for LFC and another for every other club. Both clubs knew that they were going to lose VVD and Couts and made it as difficult as possible for them to leave whilst ensuring that they absolutely maximised the sale price of both players. Just take a look at the way Suarez behaved when he wanted to move on from every club he played for prior to Barcelona. You can’t simply ignore the way a player has behaved before joining Liverpool and wipe the slate clean as you are prepared to do.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:45 am

devaney » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:38 am wrote:I’m confused by your entire thought process.

Lallana you simply have one rule for LFC and another for every other club. Both clubs knew that they were going to lose VVD and Couts and made it as difficult as possible for them to leave whilst ensuring that they absolutely maximised the sale price of both players. Just take a look at the way Suarez behaved when he wanted to move on from every club he played for prior to Barcelona. You can’t simply ignore the way a player has behaved before joining Liverpool and wipe the slate clean as you are prepared to do.

I have one rule for Liverpool - i dont care about other clubs , why would i - i just care about how the players behave when they are at Liverpool

I dont care what VVD did anywhere else or Suarez etc - i just care about what they do at Liverpool - there are ways to leave the club and there are ways not to leave the club , if a player goes on strike, fakes and injury , refuses to pull on a Liverpool shirt -then they will never get the chance to wear a Liverpool shirt again.

The minute a player arrives at the club they are expected to respect the club and its traditions and its fans - Masher , Torres , Sterling , Coutinho and Suarez failed to do that - simple
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:45 pm

devaney » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:38 am wrote:I’m confused by your entire thought process.

He's a hypocrite, I just wish we would have got Phil back in January, I want that title and I couldn't give a ***** who wins it for us. The days when a Scots or Irish fella joined the club, completely bought into the ethos of LFC and the City and stayed here after they retired (Shanks, Billy Liddell, Kenny, Alan Hansen, Ian St.John, Ron Yeats etc etc etc) are long gone.
Modern players are aloof jet setting multi-multi-millionaires who live in a bubble of supercars and supermodel wives, they use the club to further their careers and the club uses them to make money.
It's absolutely laughable to try and shoehorn old school values into the modern game, that's why Benny's stance has more holes in it than a Swiss cheese.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:08 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:45 pm wrote:

He's a hypocrite, I just wish we would have got Phil back in January, I want that title and I couldn't give a ***** who wins it for us. The days when a Scots or Irish fella joined the club, completely bought into the ethos of LFC and the City and stayed here after they retired (Shanks, Billy Liddell, Kenny, Alan Hansen, Ian St.John, Ron Yeats etc etc etc) are long gone.
Modern players are aloof jet setting multi-multi-millionaires who live in a bubble of supercars and supermodel wives, they use the club to further their careers and the club uses them to make money.
It's absolutely laughable to try and shoehorn old school values into the modern game, that's why Benny's stance has more holes in it than a Swiss cheese.

Yawn yawn yawn

You may not want values within the club but I do and so does the manager - he wouldn’t touch Phil the snake or indeed anyone who wasn’t committed

You are just stuck in the past constantly going on about players no longer with us

They left - gone , no longer part of the club - they wanted nothing to do with Liverpool - they turned their backs on us - refused to play when they didn’t get what they wanted

How would you feel if Coutinho downed tools again if he played for us when he found form and wanted to leave - sorry but you may want to think all bad about players but we have a manager who does have values and does understand what the club should stand for

Maybe you should learn to support the current squad as opposed to players who left
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:31 pm

LIP it is you that is well and truly stuck in the past if you are expecting modern day footballers or indeed owners to display the sort of loyalty you yearn for. Your incredibly naive stance of not caring what other players/clubs do is I’m afraid to say somewhat idiotic. Players and owners are like sheep. The most successful examples will always be adopted. So if a club demonstrates a successful way to maximise the price of a player and both VVD and Couts are good examples of that do you think that methodology will simply be ignored. Why do you think that Neymar was sold for nearly £200m and Couts for over £140m it definitely didn’t have anythingt do with the clubs, players and owners behaving in a thoroughly dignified manner did it. And if you think Couts behaviour was all down to him then you really are a dope.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:03 pm

Again Dev - who has said anything about a club maximising the price ?

I’ll spell it out

Any player who refuses to play to pull on a shirt showing a complete disrespect towards the manager and fans in the hope of getting out of the club is no longer welcome at the club and never will be welcome

I’m not sure exactly what you are trying to argue against
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:16 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:03 pm wrote:Again Dev - who has said anything about a club maximising the price ?

I’ll spell it out

Any player who refuses to play to pull on a shirt showing a complete disrespect towards the manager and fans in the hope of getting out of the club is no longer welcome at the club and never will be welcome

I’m not sure exactly what you are trying to argue against

Sorry LIP I haven’t got time for your stupidity
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney