Liverpool V Spurs - Tuesday 10th February K.O. 8pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby C-R » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:00 pm

We will need to access the many injuries before this match, Coutinho, Lucas and Lallana all need to prove fitness

After our disapointing performance against Everton we really need all 3 points in this match to close the gap on Spurs, don't win and they will pull away from us again, must win match (again)
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:26 pm

Lucas Leiva will undergo a scan to determine the extent of the groin injury that forced him out of the Merseyside derby after just 16 minutes on Saturday evening.

Brendan Rodgers confirmed it was a reccurrence of the problem that had kept Lucas out of the trip to Bolton Wanderers on Wednesday.

"We'll just have to assess it," the manager told his post-match press conference.

"He had a slight problem with his adductor - that's why he missed the last game [at Bolton].

"He felt it again there, so we'll see what the scan says on that."
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:22 pm

They have got going under Pochettino and are a different side to the one we faced earlier in the season. Kane and Eriksen are the ones to watch. However still think they are punching a little above their weight at the moment and have vulnerabilities at the back. If we do what we have to do, we will get the three points. Few injures we have are a worry but hopefully a couple will be OK
Doeboy

Postby C-R » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:35 am

Paul Joyce reporting that Lucas will be out for a while

I think we have no choice but to move Can into CM and use Lovren in the back 3, i think that is safer than Hendo / Alan in the CM positions
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:38 am

cardiff-red » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:35 am wrote:Paul Joyce reporting that Lucas will be out for a while

I think we have no choice but to move Can into CM and use Lovren in the back 3, i think that is safer than Hendo / Alan in the CM positions

I agree, I have seen people saying allen was brought of for lucas as like for like, well i am sorry but that's so far off the mark its unreal, Allen is nothing like Lucas, is not a holding midfielder and his build makes him totally unsuited for the role, time and again on Saturday he would either be brushed aside or foul someone in dangerous positions, the problem is I have no confidence that BR will do anything other than play either Allen or move SG back there which will be disastrous.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:41 am

cardiff-red » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:35 am wrote:Paul Joyce reporting that Lucas will be out for a while

Yep,  would go for this. Can has so much more to offer than Allen. I don't really know what Allen excels at.  Yes, works hard and puts a shift in and ok in the squad but I'm afraid I don't think he is upto the standard required.
Doeboy

Postby C-R » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:04 am

James Pearce (Liverpool Echo).. #LFC have injury concerns over Lucas, Sterling and Coutinho ahead of Spurs clash
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:52 pm

Doeboy » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:41 am wrote:

Yep,  would go for this. Can has so much more to offer than Allen. I don't really know what Allen excels at.  Yes, works hard and puts a shift in and ok in the squad but I'm afraid I don't think he is upto the standard required.

He's the Welsh Xavi so BR will want to justify his decision signing him.

My concern at the back will be for Sahko...i can just see how Spurs will play a pressing game (like they did against Arsenal) and try to give him very little time on the ball so to make Sahko panic and give away possession at critical areas.

Having Allen and/or Gerrard at midfield will see us being over ran, out muscled and lose the entire midfield contest and hence lose our attacking initiative, so I agree with Can moving up to support the midfield.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:20 pm

Early rumours that Raheem Sterling is out of tomorrow's match
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:10 pm

Rodgers: "Lucas will miss a bit of time. We are waiting on the results of his scan. But others (Sterling, Coutinho, Lallana) should be fine.
Rodgers on Sterling/Henderson contracts: "It will be resolved very soon. Both have shown their worth here."
Rodgers: "Raheem has been offered what's an incredible deal for a young player."
Rodgers on Spurs: "If we don't win the game, it puts pressure on the other games. We go into it in good form. We're working at a high level."
Rodgers: "Tottenham are playing very well. Big change has been introduction and impact of 2 home grown players - Mason and Kane."
Rodgers: "Ibe can go into any arena in the world and play well. Hopefully that game at Goodison will fast-track his development."
Rodgers on Sturridge: "He's been training. Whether he starts tomorrow or at the weekend, you'll have to wait and see."
Rodgers on contracts: "If young players get too much too soon it can sabotage their development."
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:21 pm

I'd go with this line up

Mingolet

Can          Skrtel        Sakho

Sterling        Henderson      Allen          Markovic

Coutinho        Lallana

Sturridge
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:24 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:21 pm wrote:I'd go with this line up

Mingolet

Coutinho        Lallana

Sturridge

I would make a subtle change to this...

Mingolet

Lovren    Skrtel        Sakho

Sterling        Henderson      Can          Markovic

Coutinho        Lallana

Sturridge
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:09 pm

cardiff-red » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:24 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:21 pm wrote:I'd go with this line up

Mingolet

Coutinho        Lallana

Sturridge

I would make a subtle change to this...

Mingolet

Sterling        Henderson      Can          Markovic

Coutinho        Lallana

Sturridge

I would make another subtle change :)

Simone

Sterling        Henderson      Can          Ibe

Coutinho        Lallana

Sturridge

Ibe should be given the wave in before Marco ,he is just a better player. I hope we will see all our battered players fit for tomorrow but i assume one of them at least will be out.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:05 pm

I'd leave the back line as it is, atm we are tough to score against and if you're not conceding then not only are you still in the game right up to the final minute but more importantly one goal can win it for you. Changing the back 3 around increases the likelihood of them scoring and if they do manage to get one then we have got a right job on our hands.

We can't keep expecting other teams to do us a favour either, we need to start beating the teams above us especially if we have serious aspirations of finishing in the top 4.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:14 pm

I'm not sure if it's a good idea to play Sterling as a wing-back. I think Lallana would do a better job there than him. Sterling has been through a lot of shifting around, think it's time to finally play him in his natural position. But ultimately, I don't think that it will matter much who plays where in the attacking positions as long as we play our best players. The thing that will matter will be who we play in midfield.

I'm sorry yakka but I don't agree with you, though I understand where you're coming from. For me, Can in midfield will increase our threat to their goal and we'll have a better chance of winning the game. Yes, it's riskier that way (playing Lovren rather than Allen), but it's a risk we should take IMO.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games