LIVERPOOL vs UNIREA - 2nd leg 25th february 18.00 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby GRAHAM01 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:18 pm

shawnk wrote:Didn't understand the kick from Skyrtel that got himself the injury, could have stayed on the ground and side footed the ball to prevent the injury. We were winning comfortably at that point so I really didn't understand him.

yes he got hurt in this tackle but..... if you start pulling out of tackles or changing how you attack the ball then you leave yourself open to getting hurt more

just unfortunate that he got hurt this time and i think it is a shame as he was doing and looking ok??
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrPepe » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:19 pm

GRAHAM01 wrote:
shawnk wrote:Didn't understand the kick from Skyrtel that got himself the injury, could have stayed on the ground and side footed the ball to prevent the injury. We were winning comfortably at that point so I really didn't understand him.

yes he got hurt in this tackle but..... if you start pulling out of tackles or changing how you attack the ball then you leave yourself open to getting hurt more

just unfortunate that he got hurt this time and i think it is a shame as he was doing and looking ok??

i think the point is he wasn't tackling  properly - he took a swing at it with his instep as if he was punting a free ball as hard as he could

thats always more likely to get you injured compared to a "block" tackle
"If I put a player in another position, suddenly 20 experts are going on about it. Experts of what, though? I don't know." - Rafa
DrPepe
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games