Liverpool V Spurs - Tuesday 10th February K.O. 8pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby maguskwt » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:14 am

The thought of the ineffectual allen playing in DM makes me feel that we should play Lovren as the right CB and can as the DM...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:38 am

maguskwt » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:14 am wrote:The thought of the ineffectual allen playing in DM makes me feel that we should play Lovren as the right CB and can as the DM...

I'd go for that also but rodgers won't. He just loves sideshow joe too much  :nod
Its about time lovren showed up and justified his 70k a week on top of his hefty transfer fee  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC1990 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:34 pm

Sterling won't play again for Liverpool until he signs his contract

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:43 pm

Sterling has got a knock, so will probably be on the bench. I'd be tempted to run Sturidge up front with Mario....

However, (and I hate this saying) this is a MUST win game for us. The top 5-6 teams is starting to pull away from the rest and we can't get left behind. In fact, a win tonight should put us within touching distance of 4th. A defeat could leave us 8 points adrift.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:22 pm

7_Kewell » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:43 pm wrote:Sterling has got a knock, so will probably be on the bench. I'd be tempted to run Sturidge up front with Mario....

However, (and I hate this saying) this is a MUST win game for us. The top 5-6 teams is starting to pull away from the rest and we can't get left behind. In fact, a win tonight should put us within touching distance of 4th. A defeat could leave us 8 points adrift.

Is right... This is considered one of the 'cup finals' on the road to finishing top 4...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:29 pm

red till i die!! » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:38 am wrote:
maguskwt » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:14 am wrote:The thought of the ineffectual allen playing in DM makes me feel that we should play Lovren as the right CB and can as the DM...

I'd go for that also but rodgers won't. He just loves sideshow joe too much  :nod
Its about time lovren showed up and justified his 70k a week on top of his hefty transfer fee  :nod

If kolo is back in rather play him than lovren though... Anyone knows when he'll be back?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:56 pm

Good luck tonight lads, 3 very important points at stake.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:34 pm

I'm nervous already, my anus is twitching like a budgies eyelid
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:38 pm

maguskwt » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:29 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:38 am wrote:

If kolo is back in rather play him than lovren though... Anyone knows when he'll be back?

I think the final was only yesterday mate so Kolo wouldn't be in any condition to play even if he was back, 2 games in 3 days would be too much for a player of his age.
According to Radio Merseyside Sterling is going to miss tonight's game as well.
It's just typical, arguably our biggest game of the season to date and we are going to be missing Lucas and Sterling.
I'd go with this side

Mingolet

Can            Skrtel           Sakho

Ibe                   Hendo             Allen              Markovic

Coutinho         Lallana

Sturridge

I'd make minimal changes so there's the least amount of disruption to the formation, moving Can into midfield and reinstating Lovren back into the defence has the potential to wreak havoc with our back line. We haven't been scoring a lot of goals lately either so just one goal for Spurs could leave us with an uphill task.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:12 pm

Not really nervous about this one.  Actually think spurs beating Arsenal has done us a favour. They've got 3 points already out of a possible 6 in two tough games for them so a loss is not the end of the world for then.

We need the points more than they do and think that extra desire will show through tonight at Anfield on a weekday night. Think it will be quite a comfortable 2-0 to us or maybe 3-1.
Doeboy

Postby C-R » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:43 pm

Another one of those leaked teams from Melwood... Mignolet, Can, Skrtel, Sakho, Ibe, Henderson, Gerrard, Moreno, Markovic, Coutinho, Sturridge
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:00 pm

cardiff-red » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:43 pm wrote:Another one of those leaked teams from Melwood... Mignolet, Can, Skrtel, Sakho, Ibe, Henderson, Gerrard, Moreno, Markovic, Coutinho, Sturridge

Decent team. Genuine pace on the outside with Ibe and Moreno. Like the look of Coutinho and Markovic's trickery buzzing behind Sturridge's pace. Only concern is whether Gerrard's leg's will be up for it with such a short space between games but other than that, liking the team and can see us coasting to quite a comfortable win. I'm so confident, got a £250 bet on with a mate we will win  :nod
Doeboy

Postby only me » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:07 pm

Doeboy » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:00 pm wrote:
cardiff-red » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:43 pm wrote:Another one of those leaked teams from Melwood... Mignolet, Can, Skrtel, Sakho, Ibe, Henderson, Gerrard, Moreno, Markovic, Coutinho, Sturridge

Decent team. Genuine pace on the outside with Ibe and Moreno. Like the look of Coutinho and Markovic's trickery buzzing behind Sturridge's pace. Only concern is whether Gerrard's leg's will be up for it with such a short space between games but other than that, liking the team and can see us coasting to quite a comfortable win. I'm so confident, got a £250 bet on with a mate we will win  :nod

Gerrard legs can't support him against Spurs no matter how long the rest he gets...If he plays DM we will probably lose.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:24 pm

only me » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:07 pm wrote:
Doeboy » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:00 pm wrote:

Gerrard legs can't support him against Spurs no matter how long the rest he gets...If he plays DM we will probably lose.

It is a worry for sure. If that is the confirmed line up, just hope Rodgers reacts quickly if Stevie ends up struggling. This is a very winnable game and i would be gutted if we draw or even some how manage to lose if we are second best in the middle. Still think we will be Ok. Spurs can pull out performances now and again against the top teams but they've had their lot for the season with the chelsea and Arsenal wins and now should return to usual inconsistenty
Doeboy

Postby damjan193 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:25 pm

Not concerned about Sterling's injury at all, we have players that could replace him like for like. My biggest concern is still the midfield. Apparently we'll go with Gerrard in midfield, we just don't learn do we? Not liking that rumored line-up either. I really have a bad feeling about this, hope I'm just being paranoid.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games