LIVERPOOL vs UNIREA - 2nd leg 25th february 18.00 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby europian-kings » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:20 am

Don't think many people will be rushing to make this thread, and seeming as ive just got tickets for the game i thought i may aswel start one :) .

So....what is there to know about our opponants;

- They defeated Rangers at The Ibrox 4-1 in the champions league knock out stage.

- They beat Seville 1-0 in the same group.

- They finished the group in 3rd place notching up 8 points.

- The team's home ground has a capacity of 7,000, not meeting european requirements. Meaning all games in the champions league stage had to be played elsewhere.

- They are the current Romanian First division champions.

- They play in a pale blue home strip and a yellow away strip.

All these little notes above are prety pointless, and to be honest if it wasn't for the wonderful wikipedia then i would be able to tell you very little if anything about them.

But they must still not be underestimated.

We are not playing great football at the moment and you can bet these romanians are going to be a hell of a lot more up for it then our players.

Lets make some noise, wave our flags, hold our scarfs up high and show the world that although we are devestated to not still be in the CL, we will still support out club through thick and thin!

3-0 REDS!

YNWA!
:buttrock   :eyebrow
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:40 am

I do not approve of the way you've shortened our name rather than their's or abbreviated something else like L32 or just called them Unirea :veryangry

Mods, ffs tidy the title up somehow
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby europian-kings » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:31 pm

Owzat wrote:I do not approve of the way you've shortened our name rather than their's or abbreviated something else like L32 or just called them Unirea :veryangry

Mods, ffs tidy the title up somehow

My bad.
Was slightly tipsy at the time  :)

Love you. x
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:32 pm

This will be a big game for them so they will be playing their first 11, and judging by their Champions League performances they are a half decent side. I don’t think we should go crazy and throw in all of our reserves as most of them are quite poor and will probably get embarrassed, but it is definitely an opportunity to try a few things out. I would like to see Kelly at right back and Pacheco playing “in-between the lines”. This also may be a good time to give Babel a game upfront.

Reina

Kelly   Kyrgiakos   Skrtel   Aurelio

Degen  Aquilani    Lucas    Riera

Pacheco
                         Babel

Subs: Ngog, Kuyt, Gerrard, Spearing, Agger, Insua, Cavalieri
Eagle

Postby red37 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:11 am

Tidied.

Well, i can read it - so there  :p

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:22 pm

Tickets are still on general sale if anyones @rsed like.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:38 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:Tickets are still on general sale if anyones @rsed like.

Might be a good game for S.O.S to boycott...... no one's bothered about this one too much anyway.

I think we should treat this game a bit like the league cup and mix in a few youngsters.

Cavalieri

Kelly          Carra          Agger        Aurelio

Maxi           Lucas      Aquilani          Riera

Pacheco     
                            Babel/Ngog

Bench mainly youngsters.
account deleted by request

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:50 pm

we shouldnt underestimate this team. and since we're in it, lets win it. its still a cup. may not be as prestigious as others but still some silverware this season would be nice.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby europian-kings » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:51 pm

Im making the journey from london.

Haven't been able to get up there since we lost to arsenal 6-3 :(
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby vic » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:41 pm

Unirea are playing a warm up match at Northwich victoria on monday night, Be a good chance to go and check them out before thursday, Admission if by donation and parking is free.
vic

Postby xxTorresxx » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:24 pm

----------Reina----------
Kelly-Krgiakos-Skrtel-Fabio
-----Lucas--Spearing-----
--El Zhar-Pacheco-Riera--
----------Babel----------

Subs: Cava, Agger, Insua, Gerrard, Aquilani, N'Gog, Kuyt.
Last edited by xxTorresxx on Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xxTorresxx

Postby Fauxy » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:37 am

Eagle wrote:This will be a big game for them so they will be playing their first 11, and judging by their Champions League performances they are a half decent side. I don’t think we should go crazy and throw in all of our reserves as most of them are quite poor and will probably get embarrassed, but it is definitely an opportunity to try a few things out. I would like to see Kelly at right back and Pacheco playing “in-between the lines”. This also may be a good time to give Babel a game upfront.

Reina

Pacheco
                         Babel

I like the look of that team  :)
Fauxy

Postby Owzat » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:34 am

red37 wrote:Tidied.

Well, i can read it - so there  :p

Thank you.

By the way, why are caps in thread titles so hard to get in there? You can't edit the thread title yourself (I believe) yet trying to put in the caps in the right place and get them to stay there is so f in hard
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:36 am

Fauxy wrote:
Eagle wrote:This will be a big game for them so they will be playing their first 11, and judging by their Champions League performances they are a half decent side. I don’t think we should go crazy and throw in all of our reserves as most of them are quite poor and will probably get embarrassed, but it is definitely an opportunity to try a few things out. I would like to see Kelly at right back and Pacheco playing “in-between the lines”. This also may be a good time to give Babel a game upfront.

Reina

Pacheco
                         Babel

I like the look of that team  :)

With FOUR defensive subs on the bench, at home?!?  ??? I do approve of the lack of stars in the starting XI, but would probably leave more out altogether and give those that might have to fill in for injured 1st teamers a shot, we moan about not giving kids a chance then load the team and bench with older players and 1st teamers
Last edited by Owzat on Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:12 am

are people really not arsed. i thinks its a disgrace and shows the state of the clubs support nowadays. now i might  be a bit of an ol :censored: but i hqve always supported the team whoever they have played and more importantly wanted the team to win every competition we are in. this shows one of the problems of our club at the moment as we seem to pick and choose which games we need to win rather thann going out ansd playing to win every game. shocking
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games