Liverpool vs Bayern Munich, Tuesday 19th February, 20:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:53 pm

We miss a coutinho type player imo.
The only positive you can take out of that is that we didn't concede, 0-0 is better than 1-1
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Poor game by our frontline.

We didn’t play well, but importantly we didn’t concede.

I’m really hoping we were saving ourselves for the massive game against Manure.

Play like we did tonight against them and City will overtake us on the weekend. Klopp needs to fire a rocket at our front 3.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:13 pm

eds » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:56 pm wrote:Poor game by our frontline.

Play like we did tonight against them and City will overtake us on the weekend. Klopp needs to fire a rocket at our front 3.

Agreed, our current form is not going to get it done, we need to up our game significantly.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Welsh wizzard 13 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:16 pm

Credit to Bayern they were strong and soaked up our attacks. Over there it will suit us more as they will leave gaps at back and we will score and with vvd back I believe we'll nick it
Welsh wizzard 13
LFC Member

Postby damjan193 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:22 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:13 am wrote:

Agreed, our current form is not going to get it done, we need to up our game significantly.

Disagree. We were poor going forward but we were particularly good in defence and midfield. If we're just as good in those areas in Manchester, I think we'll win. I expect that game to be more open so we will surely score there.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:37 pm

Not a bad result. Still well in the tie and score draw sees us through and to be honest fancy us to score a goal or two over there which will put pressure on Bayern. However, our away form in Europe has been far from convincing not only this season but even last (only results that stand out are the 7-0 v Maribor who were *****, 5-0 v Porto who are not that great and 2-1 v City when they were chasing the game) and we are going to have to go there and really put in a performance at both ends of the field otherwise we are out against this wily Bayern side.
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:47 pm

damjan193 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:22 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:13 am wrote:

Disagree. We were poor going forward but we were particularly good in defence and midfield. If we're just as good in those areas in Manchester, I think we'll win. I expect that game to be more open so we will surely score there.

United haven't lost a league game since Solksjaer took over in December, they have beaten the likes of Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea since he took over too. Sunday is going to be like a CL final to them, they would love nothing more than to throw a spanner in our title hopes. Their team is going to be properly fired up because they know how much it means to their fans. We are going to have to play a lot better than we did tonight to walk out of OT with 3 points.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:11 am

Tought we did alright apart from the final ball. Anyway, United game aside.

Our forwards were awful, their final ball, decision making and finishing was poor. Should have easily beaten these, they were not up for it.

On the flip side, apart from our attack, we were great in every other aspect. I was really surprised that we hardly looked like conceding despite the make shift defence, and our midfielders were pretty good as well.

All in all, we should have won today, but not conceding is a big plus. People say advantage Bayern now, but not for me, they'll be under huge pressure not to concede at home, if they find themselves 1-0 down in Munich they'll have a mountain to climb to score 2 considering how good we are defensively (with VVD back). It's still 50-50 for me.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:19 am

Thought we were poor enough tonight. We didn't start great either half and only looked to go for it in the last 10 mins of each. I didn't think they were any good either but stuck to their plan and ground out a result.

Up front we were poor. Mane again about the best of them but Mo and Bobby struggled. Thought we should have brought Shaq on to at least test them from distance because trying to walk the ball in all the time requires your front lads to have a better touch than they actually have.  Defensively I thought we were good except for the 2 incidents where we nearly shot ourselves. Fabinho was excellent and my MOTM for the way he marshalled Lewandoski for the entire game.

Still all to play for but we need to up our game a bit in the return leg and more importantly against Manure this Sunday.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:20 am

A decent result, not the best however crucial we didn't concede. Taking a lead would've been a huge advantage, bayern have now got the upper hand and given our poor away form in the Ucl i feel they may edge it. Mane should've scored, poor finishing.

Let's hope the lads have saved themselves and gegenpress the fek outta mannure.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Franky000 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:46 am

If our plan was to get something from this without over exerting ourselves, all while conserving energy for united, I’d say we succeeded...sort of. If we can nick an early goal over in Munich it’ll make things very awkward for them as they’ll be forced to attack and leave gaps. Overall I thought we were unfortunate tonight and 0-0 is a little deflating but by no means a disaster. Now the lads can gear themselves up for United and put all their focus on that. I wouldn’t be surprised if they already had united on their minds tonight..
Franky000

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:26 am

Not our best performance, but a decent result against one of Europe's best. Also have to say that their away support are superb.  They sang their hearts out, 90 mins.

Grab an early goal in Germany tho and we'll win it, no problem.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:03 am

Mane was so wasteful in front of goal, we still don’t have that Fowler/Owen/Torres clinical finisher. The game was there for the taking and BM had no answer to our tight ball control and passing. Midfield played well and the back four coped with Fab/Matip in the centre. Not sure if we had a single shot on target in the second half after just one in the first? We need a Drogba.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:05 am

PS Origi is *****, a complete waste of time.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:52 am

Not the worst result or performance - it was a very good game of chess and two top quality teams playing against each other , we seem to create the better of the chances and a bit more composure and we would have got a goal

Fabinho played well at the back but Henderson was outstanding last night in everything , brilliant performance from him
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games