ARSENAL VS LIVERPOOL- carling cup - Wednesday 28 october 2009 19:45

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:43 pm

I prefer to take each game on its merits and if a player isn't performing he should be brought off.  Last night I thought we had a couple of players going through the motions rather than putting everything into the game (Babel and Voronin) and I would have had them both off at half time. 

Similarly I think when the team is struggling (which it wasn't last night ) changes should be made as soon as possible, rather than letting things drift in the often vain hope of them turning things around.
account deleted by request

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:41 pm

Yes, I've edited to make what I was saying clearer.
LFC2007

Postby tubby » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:04 pm

Was Pacheco also with the Spain under 20's? That Fran Merida managed to get back in time and play so why wasnt Pacheco? Feck sake are we ever going to see him in the 1st team.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:16 pm

bavlondon wrote:Was Pacheco also with the Spain under 20's? That Fran Merida managed to get back in time and play so why wasnt Pacheco? Feck sake are we ever going to see him in the 1st team.

NO. Pacheco was with the U19s, they have three qualifying games coming up to make it to the Euro U19s next summer.

Merida was recently at the FIFA U20 world cup in Egpyt, which Nemeth and Martin Kelly were at. That ended about 2 weeks ago.
JoeTerp

Postby tubby » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:29 pm

Ok thanks for clearing that up.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:42 pm

Beggars belief why Rafa leaves it till the last 15 mins to make a change. It'll take at least 5-10 mins to "get into" a game, and then a player has effectively 5 mins to change it. No chance.
Voronin is truly and unequivocably MUCK ! No other way to describe the donkey. He looks like Andy Reid did last season - a pie-eater and nowt else !
One previous post here said that Arsenal team has won sod-all in 5 years, but I'd still take a half dozen of them in a heartbeat. That young lad Merida looks the mutt's nuts for a start....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games