THAILAND VS LIVERPOOL - Wednesday 22 july 2009 14:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby metalhead » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:34 pm

Torres looks f*cking sharp
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:39 pm

We looked a completely different team once Torres came on. We actually looked like we might get a goal or two. We really need him to have an injury free season.
account deleted by request

Postby Toffeehater » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:40 pm

Rafa out :D

Well its my stop next , Singapore Vs liverpool , really hope we thrash them , singapore i mean :D
Last edited by Toffeehater on Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:40 pm

Right aCe', you smart-ar$ed :censored:.....enuff of your stupid comments. You obviously posted seconds before I hit "Enter"...

For the rest of you normal and decent folk, any chance of a brief rundown of the performance ? Who played well ? Who didn't ? Anything to be learned from the game ? What about Masch and Alonso - where were they etc.. ?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:45 pm

metalhead wrote:Torres looks f*cking sharp

Poetry in motion Metalhead, it was great to see the big boys back, Javier wasnt half putting it about though , had me a bit worried there sometimes
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:45 pm

Babel looked one of our best, Insua played quite a few stray passes and Spearing made a few errors, thats about all I got mate before I stopped watching (so I didnt see Nando :( )

from the sound of things we should start playing stronger sides soon just to get them understanding each other and together again and putting good performances in. Its good to see the lads playing but Christ I cant wait for the Prem season to start

:cool:
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:49 pm

Dirk an Agger played well an all ,i wasnt impressed today by Spearing off the play to much for my liking,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:54 pm

Yeh Kuyt did well, when he first started right wing he was a bit dodgy about getting forward and played the ball backwards too often, playing cautiously. He seems to have settled there and looks to get forward and find more attack minded passes. I've always been a fan of our Danny n all so I hope he plays miore this season
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby aCe' » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:55 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:Right aCe', you smart-ar$ed :censored:.....enuff of your stupid comments. You obviously posted seconds before I hit "Enter"...

For the rest of you normal and decent folk, any chance of a brief rundown of the performance ? Who played well ? Who didn't ? Anything to be learned from the game ? What about Masch and Alonso - where were they etc.. ?

woa chill buddy it was just a joke...

performance was pretty bad in the first half.. Babels movement off the ball and his goal being pretty much the only highlights... they controlled the midfield but failed to create any decent chances and we played a direct style and tried to get the ball behind their backline often ....

2nd half we played better overall.. Mascherano and Spearing doing a better job than Lucas and Plessis controlling th play from the middle.. they (Thailand) started running out of steam early on ... about 60mins or so.... we also lost Skrtel and Elzhar to injury early on in the 2nd half....Torres comes on at about 75mins or so and thigs pick up for liverpool.. we create about 4 or 5 good chances.. best of which was a one on one that Voronin gloriously missed after Torres put him through..

played well: Babel, Torres, Spearing, Arbeloa, Degen in that order for me...

didnt play well: Ngog, Lucas, Plessis, Kuyt, Voronin...

Anything to learn from the game ? our backup forwards arent good enough.. Babel has more in him than hes shown last season and Parker would probably be a good player to bring in...

Where were Mascherano and Alonso ? in Thailand mate... we had a friendly against their national side...  :lookaround
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:57 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:Right aCe', you smart-ar$ed :censored:.....enuff of your stupid comments. You obviously posted seconds before I hit "Enter"...

I posted my thoughts on the first half earlier, so I'll just add the second half now (because it was a completely different team)

Voronin looked like he was trying to play more of a creative role behind the striker, and he worked pretty hard.  At one point even tracking back all the way to the LFC penalty area covering for an obviously inexperienced defense ( San Jose and Kelly).  Voronin did miss an absolute shocking chance when Torres hit him with a pass putting him in on goal with time for a first touch to set up a shot that he put wide.

Spearing was hot and cold, he looked good at times controling the ball in the final third, at one point made about 4 nice passes in exchange with Pacheco and Voronin, no end product from him though.  He did absolutely scuff a great chance at setting up Babel (Spearing tried to use his left foot ) sending the pass into the defenders almost completely in the opposite direction of where he was intended.

Riera looked decent as a late sub for Babel.  I say decent with one thing in mind, he was stuck out playing on the right so obviously he looked a bit uncomfortable, but still managed a few nice bits of handling the ball and creating a late chance or two.

Torres looked simply amazing in his short cameo.  just was on another planet talent wise while he was out there.

Johnson was fair, Why he was kept out on the left while there were two other players on the pitch that can play LB is something I'm going to worry about until it is sorted.

The goal against was a comedy of errors by the three youngest players on the pitch.  Spearing turned the ball over in the final defensive third, San Jose and Kelly failed to communicate so they both stepped up and allowed the Thai striker to slip behind them to get the pass that set up the goal.

Mash looked his normal self, actually a little too much like his normal self for a friendly, he was finally given a yellow when he committed perhaps his fourth bookable foul.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:24 pm

How bad is Skrtels injury?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:16 pm

have we ever looked class preseason?

Well then, lets chill and hope whoever is injured aint injured bad
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:20 pm

I think its fantastic that we played a whole country and drew 1-1...Just think we only need to play Cities next season!
Piece of pi$$! :p
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:53 pm

Number 9 wrote:I think its fantastic that we played a whole country and drew 1-1...Just think we only need to play Cities next season!
Piece of pi$$! :p

b*llox :p  :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:16 am

dawson99 wrote:have we ever looked class preseason?

Well then, lets chill and hope whoever is injured aint injured bad

I thought we looked pretty good last preseason mate?  Hopefully once we get our "big guns" playing together we will start to make a better show.
account deleted by request

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games