Liverpool vs Swansea - 8.00pm - Wednesday 31st October

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby the lone wolf » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:33 am

supersub » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:01 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:15 am wrote:
Thommo's perm » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:37 pm wrote:I dont want excuses
He put a second string side out with his best players on the bench then brought them on to save the match- again
He has to stop doing this because it doesnt work. Play your strongest team first, get the lead, then bring them off.
Serious naive error there

to be fair to rodgers after what happened to kenny last season you cant blame him for prioritising the league.
winning the league cup didnt keep kenny in a job.

the owners declared the winning of "meaningless" trophies is not the priority ......qualifying for the champions league cash cow is the only thing that matters in football.....

MMMMM...
2 points behind last nights opponents in the league  :no
Progression is to go forwards - not backwards - I honsetly thought that BR turned a corner after the Derby.
Football - you're as good as your last game.
the lone wolf
LFC Basic Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:24 pm

Basil » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:46 am wrote:I didn't get to see the match but I couldn't work out what formation we played, was it 4-3-3, surely not 4-4-2 ?

Did Cole play (perhaps that's the wrong word) wide in a front 3, who played midfield with Allen and Shelvey ? Downing ?

It doesn't sound like we had the right combination of players on the field to play the normal Rodgers 4-3-3, is this why we were so bad ?

it was a 4-3-3 mate, the back 4 was hendo, carragher, coates and robinson, the midfield 3 were shelvey, allen and cole and the front 3 were assaidi, yesil and downing.
i wouldnt really blame the formation as such mate because when so many players have an off night you could play any formation you want but if players cant do the basics like execute simple 10 yard passes or track midfield runners you`ve got no chance.
cole was absolutely anonymous, i`m not sure if he actually touched he ball and thats a genuine remark, i`m not being flippant there, shelvey did see a lot of the ball but he thought we were playing in white, hendo kept getting caught upfield leaving the defence undermanned.....it was just a poor performance allround, even the normally reliable joe allen had a bad game.
the introduction of gerrard and suarez definately gave us some impetus but by then we were committing numbers forward in an effort to chase the game and they were constantly hitting us on the break with the likes of dyer and routledge, they had a lot of pace up front and with carragher and coates at the back we didnt have much to counteract that pace.
jones must have saved at least 4 clear one on one`s (mainly from players coming down hendo`s right back channel) and a plethora of other decent chances too, if it wasnt for him it could have really been embaressing.
their fans took the p1$$ all night too.
it was just a bad night but we`ve had a few of those over the last 20 years, rodgers isnt going to sort that out in 3 months.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redalltheway36 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:32 pm

supersub » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:01 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:15 am wrote:
He put a second string side out with his best players on the bench then brought them on to save the match- again
He has to stop doing this because it doesnt work. Play your strongest team first, get the lead, then bring them off.

to be fair to rodgers after what happened to kenny last season you cant blame him for prioritising the league.

the owners declared the winning of "meaningless" trophies is not the priority ......qualifying for the champions league cash cow is the only thing that matters in football.....

Well get your fecking money out if thats what you think geezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz  :veryangry
redalltheway36
LFC Member

Postby Basil » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:06 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:24 pm wrote:
Basil » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:46 am wrote:I didn't get to see the match but I couldn't work out what formation we played, was it 4-3-3, surely not 4-4-2 ?

Did Cole play (perhaps that's the wrong word) wide in a front 3, who played midfield with Allen and Shelvey ? Downing ?

It doesn't sound like we had the right combination of players on the field to play the normal Rodgers 4-3-3, is this why we were so bad ?

it was a 4-3-3 mate, the back 4 was hendo, carragher, coates and robinson, the midfield 3 were shelvey, allen and cole and the front 3 were assaidi, yesil and downing.
i wouldnt really blame the formation as such mate because when so many players have an off night you could play any formation you want but if players cant do the basics like execute simple 10 yard passes or track midfield runners you`ve got no chance.
cole was absolutely anonymous, i`m not sure if he actually touched he ball and thats a genuine remark, i`m not being flippant there, shelvey did see a lot of the ball but he thought we were playing in white, hendo kept getting caught upfield leaving the defence undermanned.....it was just a poor performance allround, even the normally reliable joe allen had a bad game.
the introduction of gerrard and suarez definately gave us some impetus but by then we were committing numbers forward in an effort to chase the game and they were constantly hitting us on the break with the likes of dyer and routledge, they had a lot of pace up front and with carragher and coates at the back we didnt have much to counteract that pace.
jones must have saved at least 4 clear one on one`s (mainly from players coming down hendo`s right back channel) and a plethora of other decent chances too, if it wasnt for him it could have really been embaressing.
their fans took the p1$$ all night too.
it was just a bad night but we`ve had a few of those over the last 20 years, rodgers isnt going to sort that out in 3 months.

Thanks for that, it doesn't look too bad on paper but sometimes there's a fine line between a good result and a bad one.  A young striker in only his second senior game, another player playing out of position and another completely past it seems to have been enough to tip the scales the wrong way.
Basil

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:28 pm

redalltheway36
Well get your fecking money out if thats what you think geezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz  :veryangry

eh? what did supersub say that was wrong?
the owners made it quite clear that they werent interested in the domestic trophies when they announced that kenny would have lost his job anyway even if we would have beaten chelsea in the F.A cup final.
they stated that they want CL footy
supersub was just stating a fact.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redalltheway36 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:43 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:28 pm wrote:
redalltheway36

eh? what did supersub say that was wrong?
the owners made it quite clear that they werent interested in the domestic trophies when they announced that kenny would have lost his job anyway even if we would have beaten chelsea in the F.A cup final.
they stated that they want CL footy
supersub was just stating a fact.

Ye i know but you carnt dismiss the cups and not splash the cash to get into the top 4 can you?
redalltheway36
LFC Member

Postby supersub » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:29 pm

01, 2012 12:15 am wrote:

the owners declared the winning of "meaningless" trophies is not the priority ......qualifying for the champions league cash cow is the only thing that matters in football.....[/quote]
Well get your fecking money out if thats what you think geezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz  :veryangry[/quote]

If you knew me then you would now I value every competition....I have trumpeted the winning of silverware over coming 2nd , 3rd or 4th because I enjoy going to cup finals...have done for forty years...being in the moneybags comp means nothing to me unless you win it...I hate what football has become...greedy selfish.........f***ing shitty corporate f***ing Sh*t show....cr&p sh***overpaid sh*t players......
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games