ARSENAL VS LIVERPOOL- carling cup - Wednesday 28 october 2009 19:45

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby tonyeh » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:53 pm

Are the girls serious?

If his eyes were any closer he'd only have the one.

Freaky looking bugger if you ask me.

:D
tonyeh

Postby da9thkill » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:53 pm

well i just focused on aqua when he came on, i wasnt expected much but maybe its rafa, but i was expecting him to play in between midfield and striker, but instead he was all over the place, not a bad thing though. but i definitly see some natural ability that lucas hasnt even for 20mins play, and the way he approaches the game suggest hes more forward thinking as well, still its only 20mins...
da9thkill

Postby Kash_Mountain » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:54 pm

tonyeh wrote:Are the girls serious?

His missus is very very nice.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Ciggy » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:55 pm

tonyeh wrote:Are the girls serious?

Not abar the looks lar we know a quality player when we see one, Xabi was a dish aswell  :;):
Feckin made up a bit of creativity at last in midfield.

ALBERTTTTTTTTT
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:55 pm

Good game that, disappionted we lost , but was really happy we gave it a good go and didn't show ourselves up . Can't say anything about voronin that hasn't already been said ,and i havent even read the thread . If the likes of vorinin and babel  are trying to stake a claim for the first team ,why the feck don't they atleast attempt to show some quality . Gone in Jan the pair of them along with the doss. Loads of plus points though , Degen ,spearing ,plessis eggnogg and Aquilani all done well for themselves . Really enjoyed that and it was good to see nathan ecclestone get a run .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:59 pm

Just a quick mention of Skrtel - what the hells happened to him, he looks very dodgy when a players running at him and fouls a lot. Nothing like the Skrtel of yesteryear. Hopefully Agger's not gonna get injured again
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby hijjawi » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:01 pm

Second Half Highlights : Arsenal 2-1 Liverpool
Click Here for Video
hijjawi

Postby sgs » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:01 pm

lakes10 wrote:
s@int wrote:We did much better than I expected tbh. I thought we might have had a bit of a drubbing tonight, and I thought we nearly held our own.

yes you are right mate. if we had made the subs sooner we could have won it.

no real big thing going out but i am fed up with still having no win there.

REALLY, Ms Cleo!

Pls give me the lottery numbers....
airhead!!!
Floyd stepped left and threw the hook that caught Hatton flush under the chin. Finally, the British champ had arrived in that mythical place of which his fans speak: Hatton Wonderland.
sgs

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:02 pm

if i never see Babel in a Liverpool shirt again ill die a happy man, you know what i reckon he even missed that chance on purpose, fooking waste of space.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:03 pm

Ciggy wrote: :love:  In lurveeeeeee with our Alberto Aquilani droolls  :hearts  :love:

:censored: hell Cigg i went weak at the knees ,  :hearts  :hearts
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:03 pm

Greavesie wrote:christ is this lad our new pin up? Nando's gonna be well p!ssed off! :laugh:

Zidane

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:04 pm

Sabre wrote:Well. If this was a friendly, I think Rafa would have picked the same players. Clearly he hasn't priorised this competition, he just seemed a friendly game to give minutes to some players and try a couple thing. It could have worked but it didn't and to be perfectly honest I would have liked to see a more competitive team. Spearing+Plessis was not competitive enough.

Walk on.

Maybe Torres and Johnson could have been on the bench just in case we were in the scenario we were there at the end. With the amount of space available I thought we might have equalised, but clearly the quality was lacking in the final sequence.

Bottom line is, it was a better than expected performance from just about the weakest lineup we could have fielded. We come out of it seemingly without any injuries of note, it wasn't a rout so it shouldn't do confidence any real damage, and Aquilani had a few more minutes under his belt. You have to be optimistic about this guy even though it's still very early on.
LFC2007

Postby Dazzer » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:19 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
Ciggy wrote::love:  In lurveeeeeee with our Alberto Aquilani droolls  :hearts  :love:

:censored: hell Cigg i went weak at the knees ,  :hearts  :hearts

He is the darker Twin brother of Torres they like Yin and Yang lets hope they complement each other the same in footballing terms.  :buttrock
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:22 pm

bigmick wrote:Well in truth if we're going to play the squad players in this, we'll have our work cut out and I hope nobody accuses me of being negative for saying it. They've got a celebrated bunch of kids and are at Home, so to get anything would be a great effort. Unfortunately while my @rse says headnall, my head says Arsenal. 2-1.

As it is though, now we have got ourselves back into a position where we aren't totally 100% out of the league, and given the fact we have some huge European games coming up, it wouldn't be a disaster by any means not to go through.

Got this one right as well unfortunately :(. I don't bet on correct scores as it's a mugs game, but I've got a few of ours right this season.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:35 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
Sabre wrote:Well. If this was a friendly, I think Rafa would have picked the same players. Clearly he hasn't priorised this competition, he just seemed a friendly game to give minutes to some players and try a couple thing. It could have worked but it didn't and to be perfectly honest I would have liked to see a more competitive team. Spearing+Plessis was not competitive enough.

Walk on.

Maybe Torres and Johnson could have been on the bench just in case we were in the scenario we were there at the end. With the amount of space available I thought we might have equalised, but clearly the quality was lacking in the final sequence.

Bottom line is, it was a better than expected performance from just about the weakest lineup we could have fielded. We come out of it seemingly without any injuries of note, it wasn't a rout so it shouldn't do confidence any real damage, and Aquilani had a few more minutes under his belt. You have to be optimistic about this guy even though it's still very early on.

I can't disagree that it's the good side of the game, but maybe it's that I don't like to be beaten again by Arsenal in a cup and would have liked a more competitive eleven. If you're going to give minutes to Aquilani, give them to him from the beginning for instance.

Also the let's play the reserve keeper is something I like when you can afford the luxury. And the fact is that both Arsenal beating us previously and lack of finals in home cups irks me a bit and I was hoping Rafa would try a tougher team.

However if he didn't is because he priorises the league, which is understandable.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games