Summer signings - Who would you like to see? (within reaso

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Stu.Murph » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:21 pm

jaytoothetee wrote:
Stu.Murph wrote:
grayghost wrote:This is the team to win us the prem and the rest.

Reina
   Finnan                          agger              Carrager           Bale

Alves                        SG                   Masherano          Kewell/Vicente

Tevez
                                                    Eto
Should cost us about 50mil

How much of a mong are you? :O

ever heard of being too honest, stu?  :laugh:

Well the lads put the left footed centre half on the "right" of the team, put a right back on the right wing, left out Alonso for a player who's played a handful of games and suggests we "realistically" sign Tevez, Etoo and Alves who alone would cost a minimum of £45,000,000.

Why not suggest Ronaldinho, Henry, Cannavaro and Buffon aswell? :D
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby JBG » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:29 pm

I agree with Stu on what he says about Gareth Barry. He's a decent player, much under rated, and hard to see why, seeing that he's been consistently Aston Villa's best player for the past couple of years. He mightn't catch the eye as much as John Arne Riise but he's probably a better overall player than Riise.

Also agree that some of the names being bandied about are pipe dreams: there is no way Eto nor Villa will be coming here.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Stu.Murph » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:40 pm

JBG wrote:I agree with Stu on what he says about Gareth Barry. He's a decent player, much under rated, and hard to see why, seeing that he's been consistently Aston Villa's best player for the past couple of years. He mightn't catch the eye as much as John Arne Riise but he's probably a better overall player than Riise.

Also agree that some of the names being bandied about are pipe dreams: there is no way Eto nor Villa will be coming here.

How good would it be if we ended up with egg on our face though and it happened? :D
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby JBG » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:43 pm

Aye, but its not going to happen.

I can see the Alves transfer happening (and he was proper sh.ite against Spurs the other night :D ) but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if Rafa signed somebody like Freddie Kanoute. :D
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Stu.Murph » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:47 pm

JBG wrote:Aye, but its not going to happen.

I can see the Alves transfer happening (and he was proper sh.ite against Spurs the other night :D ) but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if Rafa signed somebody like Freddie Kanoute. :D

If he signs Kanoute mate I'm officially changing my name to fred_the_red! (on the message board)...

Jesus Christ imagine...

Infact I'd rather not... ???
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:14 pm

I think pedersen is underrated, watched him against chelsea the other day, a very good left sided player and very dangerous at set pieces, i think realistically we can afford him and we have been linked with him before, so i think rafa may try to sign him this summer?
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:29 pm

I reckon we should sign Dean Ashton, and then never play him.

Could you imagine Stu's emotional state if that happened? :D

You know what? I can't be ars*d making a list of who I want. I just like the idea that Rafa's going shopping, and that we've got a transfer window where we don't have to worry if Salif Diao is going to be in the squad for our pre-season friendlies at the end of it. :p
ivor_the_injun

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:42 am

Stu.Murph wrote:On the left I couldn't name a winger. Barry's a good player, but no winger, more of a left sided midfield player. I really would struggle. Need someone who can beat a man, score a goal, carry a ball, cross, pass and has pace. :D

This is a source of concern, it must be said.  Assuming that Kewell won't be up to it next season (a fair assumption, I think), we need a replacement that can have the same kind of impact.  Yet, you look around the top leagues and struggle to identify truly top-notch left wingers that have all of that in their locker.  Does such an animal exist or should we be looking for a solid left-sided midfielder like a Gareth Barry?

I wouldn't mind brainstorming some names because I'm really struggling here to come up with names besides the obvious (Giggs and Robben).  Who are the truly exciting left wingers in world football at the moment?
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby The Manhattan Project » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:08 am

Not sure which side they prefer to play on but some good wingers are Giuly, Vicente, Marchionni
, Sabrosa, Joaquin, Quaresma, and Nani.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby grayghost » Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:17 pm

Stu.Murph wrote:

Reina

Alves                        SG                   Masherano          Kewell/Vicente

Tevez
                                                    Eto

How about you get your head from out you @rse you t.i.t. To call me a Mong for getting Masherino and SG mixed up is pathetic and childish.

And alonso may go to Spain maybe for Eto

And there is no way Alves will play right back in England it's to phisical for him no he will play on the wing.

To tell me you have a diffrent  opinon is fine by all means but to call me a discusting word like Mong is just fooking childish how about you GROW UP.
grayghost

Postby grayghost » Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:34 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:

Reina

Tevez
                                                    Eto

Are you p*ssed?

You'd drop Alonso in favour of Mascherano?

Dear oh dear. :no

Yeah i no i love Alonso but he has not singed a contract yet and i could see him going to Barca in a excange for Eto
grayghost

Postby red37 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:37 pm

Xabi's goin nowhere mate...

he loves the chippy too much   :laugh:

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby grayghost » Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:38 pm

Hope so :D
grayghost

Postby Stu.Murph » Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:50 pm

grayghost wrote:
Stu.Murph wrote:

Reina

Tevez
                                                    Eto

How about you get your head from out you @rse you t.i.t. To call me a Mong for getting Masherino and SG mixed up is pathetic and childish.

And alonso may go to Spain maybe for Eto

And there is no way Alves will play right back in England it's to phisical for him no he will play on the wing.

To tell me you have a diffrent  opinon is fine by all means but to call me a discusting word like Mong is just fooking childish how about you GROW UP.

Firstly ya muppet... :D I was refering to Agger and Carragher, not Mascherano and "SG" as you call him. Agger is left footed to you put him on the right side of two centre halfs? Love it!

Secondly... Why do you think Alonso is leaving and why do you think we'll sign Etoo? Or did you just make it up... ???

Third, you NEVER play a player out of position to disguise his weaknesses. Alves is a hell of a lot more "physical", as you put it, than Finnan ever will be and is a right back, not a right winger. He clearly plays at right back every week and is nearly always one of the better players on the pitch from this position. Right back and right wing are completely different positions that involved completely different movements and positional sense, they also involve completely different attitudes.
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby Ian Rush's Right foot » Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:06 pm

I'd like to see:

Wilmhelmsson from Roma or Joaquim (for the wings)

Micah Richards (young, english & poweful)

Dean Ashton or Torres (to alternate with crouchie)

Lita or Owen (for pace up front)

Leighton Baines or Taylor from pompy (for the left)

I'm all for signing player from other leagues but i believe up and coming as well as experienced premiership players would be a better idea.

....I'm the bee's knee, his legs and his arms.....
Ian Rush's Right foot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion