Summer signings - Who would you like to see? (within reaso

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:03 pm

Smeg wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:
jkop wrote:Bale
Lennon
Owen.       :D

to be honest...i wouldn't be upset if rafa spent 30 million on them 3.

Me neither, Id be fuc*ing horrified.

although its debabtable if Owen will ever be the same player...Bale is a promising player for the future and Lennon is EXACTLY what we need.  We've never replaced Mcmanaman and he would be an excellent right winger.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Smeg » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:21 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
Smeg wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:
jkop wrote:Bale
Lennon
Owen.       :D

to be honest...i wouldn't be upset if rafa spent 30 million on them 3.

Me neither, Id be fuc*ing horrified.

although its debabtable if Owen will ever be the same player...Bale is a promising player for the future and Lennon is EXACTLY what we need.  We've never replaced Mcmanaman and he would be an excellent right winger.

We have Pennant and Gerrard who can play right side, but an injury plagued Kewell and the joke of a player Gonzalez on the left.

Why do we need a right sided player? The left is the issue.
Smeg

Postby ConnO'var » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:23 pm

alves
tevez/villa
gamst pederson...
philipp lahm
ConnO'var

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:58 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:Alves, Villa, Aimar, and a quality leftback.

Unless Kewell can sort his injuries out, we also need a new left winger. Quite who remains to be seen, though.

why aimar, dont we have central midfield players already?
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:00 pm

a ball carrying left winger and a goalscoring striker with pace are the only vital signings we need for next season. Both must be of the highest quality though if we are going to turn this good team into an excellent one.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:07 pm

Elchris wrote:On my wishlist are :

Deco - has the creativity that we lack upfront

Alves- could take the right wing apart

Villa / Eto-we need a establish w/class upfront...will get us goals when it is impossible

Bale-talented leftback

Simao/Quaresma-quality wingers to whip in quality ball in the box **we really need them!!**...they get themselves goals too

:D

this looks good to me  :buttrock
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby hello_red » Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:57 pm

Eto - will bring the deadly touch upfront that we have been lacking at times this season

Alves - will take the :censored: down that right side mainly in a right back/wing back position, either way he would be a brilliant acquisition

Left sided player/Left back - not sure about left sided players, maybe a dynamic portugese player and maybe Phillip Lahm for left back

plus carry on the youth policy but with a better budget!
hello_red
LFC Super Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:09 pm

Fowler_E7 wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:Alves, Villa, Aimar, and a quality leftback.

Unless Kewell can sort his injuries out, we also need a new left winger. Quite who remains to be seen, though.

why aimar, dont we have central midfield players already?

We don't have enough creativity and attacking flair in the side - Aimar is one of the World's best at unlocking defenses and creating chances out of nothing.

Think Garcia, only much, much better and a sight more consistant.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:34 pm

ID GO ALONG WITH THAT AIMAR IS WORLD CLASS

BUT WOULD PREFER A YOUNGER VERSION IF POSSIBLE
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:45 pm

RedBlood wrote:ID GO ALONG WITH THAT AIMAR IS WORLD CLASS

To be fair, he's only 27.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gato_busta » Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:57 pm

I would go for Saviola and Aimar. I think Saviola will be out of contract with Barca at the the end of the season, not sure about that though.
"Jugadores hay muchos, ídolos muy pocos"

Descansa en paz Claudia (9/10/1984 - 11/25/2007)
gato_busta

Postby Elchris » Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:18 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
RedBlood wrote:ID GO ALONG WITH THAT AIMAR IS WORLD CLASS

To be fair, he's only 27.

Aimar is a very talented player...no doubt

But i think he is not suited for the english game , he's too lightweighted and would easily be bullied by the other team in the premierleague plus it seems he's injury prone type.

I don't think he would prefer a move to english premier..if he did  we would had him sooner.
Elchris

Postby ToTinho » Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:23 pm

i think we need 3 attacking players ( a striker and 2 wingers) with pace and creativity coz it's obvious that we dont score enough from counter-attacks , and i'm stunned by our lack of goals from set pieces specially if we consider that around 35% of chelsea goals r from set pieces . our gk and defence and holding midfielders are first class so we dont need any improvements there . i hope the next season all our weak points could be adressed by Rafa as i still believe we r not far pf being a complete team .
ToTinho

Postby Tobin*LFC* » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:59 pm

Hey everyone, i havnt posted for a long while but im back :) i think we need a striker that is guarenteed to get 20+ every season!!
You'll Never Walk Alone..
Tobin*LFC*

Postby JamCar05 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:49 pm

My take:

Dani Alves - I think everyone have already mentioned him, and I agree that he would be a class signing. He's been immense in most games I've seen with him for Sevilla. We will probably be rivalled by both Barca and Chelsea for his signature though, and I fear this could price him out for us. Not because we don't have enough money ('cause it looks like we do have enough now :D ), but I'm not sure wether Rafa will want to shelve out 15-20 million on him, when he wasn't willing to pay 12 million last summer (and I think his price has probably gone further up by now). Rafa himself has stated, that he still won't overpay for players, even given our new wealth. But please please let's get him!

Wingers - we definitely need some creativity on the flanks, and I would like some people who are able to score themselves as well as create. I haven't seen enough of Simao and Quaresma, so i won't comment on these two subjects. I haven't actually got an ideal solution to these positions, so I'll just trust Rafa on this one :cool:

central defender - Hyypia isn't getting any younger (it's a cliche, I now... but still true) and Paletta doesn't seem ready for the premiership at all yet from what I've seen of him. Maybe people are right about Woodgate.... again I haven't seen him play too many games, and I would perhaps be a bit worried about injuries, even though that hasn't been a problem this season. But we need someone in this position, I think. Maybe just a good squad player, as Agger is coming along nicely.

Striker - this is a given, and we need a high class one. Either of Villa or Eto'o would do more than fine for me, but I would slightly prefer Villa I think, because of Eto'os attitude... he's some times a bit too outspoken imo. Wouldn't exactly mind him coming though :D I haven't really thought about other alternatives (maybe Tevez), but we do have to consider others though, as the two aforementioned players might still be too expensive for us.

Anyway... exciting summer ahead!
JamCar05

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion