Summer signings - Who would you like to see? (within reaso

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Sabre » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:28 am

How much would Vicente cost Sabre?

That would be wild guessing, it depends on Valencia's finances, contract left and other factors I'd have to check. But the fact that Silva turned out to be a great player that also made it to the Spanish squad, means that they have 2 very good players for that position, so it might be tempting to sell one of them for a reasonable fee...
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:35 am

I love Vicente as a player. But he's forever taking knocks that sideline him for long periods. He's either very unlucky or significantly compromised physically by now. (wasnt it an Achilles last season?)  At any rate, id expect a figure of around 5-7 mill for his services. Which may well be worth a gamble - hell what the f**k do i know.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Judge » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:40 pm

red37 wrote:hell what the f**k do i know.

finally, the truth :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:52 pm

KRobbo10 wrote:I agree with 5 stars I think Tevez would be a great signing, It would be good if we could sign Tevez and Mascherano now instead of having them on loan, because Mascherano is getting better and better every game, so his value is surely going to raise aswell.

Is it expected that Rafa will tie Mascherano into a full contract this summer then? He seems happy based on the comments hes made so far and Rafa seems happy with him.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu.Murph » Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:19 pm

Elchris wrote:reina

alves    carra         agger     bale

mascherano   alonso

simao           gerrard               quaresma

eto

:;):

:no
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu.Murph » Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:19 pm

5 stars wrote:I'd love to see us sign Tevez next season, he would let Kuyt and Crouch both lead the line. Crouch has shown that he can be lethal leading the line, and Kuyt would be much better used up front rather imo. That is why Tevez could be a important signing, he would also bring 'Gerrard type influence' to the team, look at West Ham when he is on the ball he is always chipping away and trying to create something, weather it be a goal for himself or a goalscoring opportunity for a team mate.

If we also decided to sign a quality left winger, and with Gerrard on the right, Alonso would have three quality attacking options to pass to. Just look at Scholes and Carrick at Man U, they have Ronaldo, Rooney and Giggs as attacking passing option.  Right Alonso and Mascherano have Riise, Kuyt and Gerrard. They have basically only one quality attacking option to pass to, and two hard working players who are playing out of position.

In my opinion our current strikers are fine, but what we need to improve our attacking option available to our central midfield, especially Alonso. Tevez fits the bill, I hope we address this problem this summer and sign somebody to player the role Kuyt has been asked to play this season.

:no
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:23 pm

Our foundations are good if we can get the right players in, but if we cant get these top quality attacking players in we have a problem because then I think we will have to change our approach and our tactics and that is something I doubt will happen.

We needed about 3 top quality attacking players last summer to take another vital step, we need about 3 top quality attacking players this summer to take the next vital step, lets just all pray we don't end up in the same situation next season this time around.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ivor_the_injun » Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:27 pm

Be fair Stu - at least a line explaining why you disagree.

Incidentally, bear in mind that having a bit more clout financially in the transfer market may mean that we're potentially looking at paying over the odds for players. It's not like teams don't know we suddenly have money to spend, so they may try and squeeze a couple more mill out of deals.

That, coupled with the fact that we're almost certainly going to fork out to make Mascherano's move permanent at some point, could mean that £40m (or whatever) may not actually go that far, particularly if we go in for players that other big European clubs are courting.
ivor_the_injun

Postby Stu.Murph » Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:33 pm

ivor_the_injun wrote:Be fair Stu - at least a line explaining why you disagree.

Incidentally, bear in mind that having a bit more clout financially in the transfer market may mean that we're potentially looking at paying over the odds for players. It's not like teams don't know we suddenly have money to spend, so they may try and squeeze a couple more mill out of deals.

That, coupled with the fact that we're almost certainly going to fork out to make Mascherano's move permanent at some point, could mean that £40m (or whatever) may not actually go that far, particularly if we go in for players that other big European clubs are courting.

What post do you want a line explaining?

The one with Gerrard in the "hole" which I've gone over a million times or the one about Crouch playing upfront with Tevez?
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby ivor_the_injun » Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:38 pm

If that's the only issue you have with each post, you should say so.

Or just add "sell Crouch and buy Ashton" to your signature. :D
ivor_the_injun

Postby Stu.Murph » Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:20 pm

ivor_the_injun wrote:If that's the only issue you have with each post, you should say so.

I like Tevez, but the I wouldn't play him with an Ashton/Crouch type player regularly as a first choice. Tevez is similar to Rooney and needs to play in the space between the defence and midfield. Also a target man uses that space, albeit in a different way.

With either of those strikers you would need someone upfront with pace to play with them to push the defensive line back in order to create a space for these types of players to play into.

When teams play a high defensive line and keep at least two midfielders close to the back four, as Liverpool do, you often see players like Rooney struggle s they have minimal space to play in.
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby grayghost » Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:26 pm

Stu.Murph wrote:
ivor_the_injun wrote:If that's the only issue you have with each post, you should say so.

I like Tevez, but the I wouldn't play him with an Ashton/Crouch type player regularly as a first choice. Tevez is similar to Rooney and needs to play in the space between the defence and midfield. Also a target man uses that space, albeit in a different way.

With either of those strikers you would need someone upfront with pace to play with them to push the defensive line back in order to create a space for these types of players to play into.

When teams play a high defensive line and keep at least two midfielders close to the back four, as Liverpool do, you often see players like Rooney struggle s they have minimal space to play in.

How about Owen/Eto/henry liverpool have all been linked with thease players recently
grayghost

Postby Stu.Murph » Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:28 pm

grayghost wrote:
Stu.Murph wrote:

How about Owen/Eto/henry liverpool have all been linked with thease players recently

How about I hate speculation and rubbish stories and hardly ever comment on transfer rumours.

I would rather state who I believe was a realistic target and go with that as apose to pipe dreams like Henry, Etoo and Villa and get all giddy over a pathetic lie they heard from Welsh effing Wizzard.
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby grayghost » Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:35 pm

Thats just a part of football espacially comeing to end of season. And with new money new stadium about to start the best manager in the world at the helm we should aim high and try to get the best players in there are not many teams that are more attractive option than liverpool right now
grayghost

Postby Stu.Murph » Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:37 pm

grayghost wrote:Thats just a part of football espacially comeing to end of season. And with new money new stadium about to start the best manager in the world at the helm we should aim high and try to get the best players in there are not many teams that are more attractive option than liverpool right now

How do you figure we've got the best manager in the world? ???
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion