Summer signings - Good/bad/suprising?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:46 am

Mark Gonzalez (undisclosed)- Never heard of him before in my entire life, Rafa thinks he's speedy Gonzales, but his recovery aint speedy!.

Once again you talk sh1t. Gonzales was injured in May, and he's already ahead of schedule, so how is that a speedy recovery? You're calling him a bad signing because he hasn't recover in 24 hours after we announced that we signed him on a loan. Poor logic.

Total waste of 6m IMO. Best keeper in spain? but will he be the best in EPL? if he makes a few blunders are we gonna want him out? Nothing wrong with Dudek whatsoever and what he did in the CL final warrants a stay and completely overshadows the odd blunder. No keeper is perfect and Dudek is generally very good, and a good shot stopper

Once again you don't know your a$$ from your elbow. Whenever you buy a player outside of the EPL nobody can tell whether he will be good in that league. That's nothing new and you can't call Reina a waste of money because we don't whether he'll be good or not. If we went by your logic we shouldn't had sign Alonso because we didn't know if he was going to be good in the Premiership ??

Chelsea bought Cech from an average La Championat team, nobody knew whether he would be good or not but they payed six million for him. He turned out to be a good buy. My point is that you can't call a player a bad signing because we can't tell whether he'll be a success or not. That's incredibly stupid, I suggest you think out your thoughts before posting them.

Nothing wrong with Dudek? Have you seen the blunders he's made this past season, most of them have cost us the game. His heroics against CL were good but that one performance doesn't execuse him for two years of average performances. Dudek is indecisive of himself and easily beaten by the near post. He's a weak link during set-pieces.

)........Young and 20, and has it all to prove. I suspect he will be a "cover"  player when stevie, Alonso and Didi are not in the team. Compared to patrick Viera, has a long way to go to fulfill that acclaim!

So why is he a bad signing? He's young, he proved himself to Benitez at Valencia, he has the skill and the mentality. Why is that a bad signing, because he has a lot to prove?

He won't be first choice but he will definetly play enough games to show that he's quality. Gerrard will be rest for the World Cup and Hamman isn't going to last all season. I don't see how this is a bad signing.

Boudewijn Zenden (free).........Only good signing by Rafa in my opinion. skillfull player and can play in a few positions

Only good signing by Rafa?

I think you either follow another sport or rethink your logic and thoughts. Btw why are you posting on a LFC forum, shouldn't you be posting on McDonalds Buccaneer's forum?
Last edited by A.B. on Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 65-1114725958 » Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:23 am

Name the Blunders Dudek has made then?

you can count them on one hand, 2 versus man utd, and erm...thats it!
If Reina makes a load of howlers, im gonna laugh my cake off!

I think you'll find my posting was accurate and complete.

AB I remember from the old days, you used to love the Hustler so much, you used to follow me around from topic to topic, as though you were my disciple!
Listen if you want to be part of my fan club, i can send you an application form, you 16 year old!

And Im not a manc. Why would I be on these forums posting away?

--------------------------------------------------------

Hustlers Back.....Tell a freind!

:rasp
65-1114725958

Postby A.B. » Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:32 am

Name the Blunders Dudek has made then?

I don't have the time to list all the blunders and mistakes that Dudek has made past season that cost us points. He's not good enough.

I think you'll find my posting was accurate and complete.

I think your posting is way off the mark.

AB I remember from the old days, you used to love the Hustler so much, you used to follow me around from topic to topic, as though you were my disciple!

I followed you around? :laugh: :p What drugs have you been taking?

And Im not a manc. Why would I be on these forums posting away?

Because like all Mancs you have nothing better to do then discuss LFC. You're not the first Manc thats posted here and you certainly won't be the last.

[If you're not a Manc why did you create a username by the name of "Manc" ??? ]

Get yourself a copy of this and maybe you'll learn a thing or two:
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby XSD » Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:45 am

If I named all of Dudek's blunders last season we'd be pushed for bandwidth.
I still like him, but Reina is a good signing, he is young, and he looks very sharp. I have very high hopes for Jose Reina.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:46 am

If I named all of Dudek's blunders last season we'd be pushed for bandwidth.

:laugh: :D :laugh: pure class mate.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Alonso_Rulz » Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:43 am

all i can say is that we fans had lost faith in dudek, i am sure many will agree with mi.. the players doesn't seem comfortable with dudek as goal keeper, u can tell from the reaction ..
as u can see, our back four has been fairly strong, carra, finnan, traore, and hyypia(not bad)had improve alot for last season, but why are we conceding so much goals?
the reason is simple, dudek does not command his box well enough and he had not done himself favours with some big mistakes he made. rafa also has lost faith in him, if not with dudek, carson, and kirkland( althought loaned) why need one more keeper.?
had we had a gd keeper last reason , we would had being in 3rd position in the league.. ALL THANKS TO DUDEK>
ok, he redeemed himself in the CL finals, but u can't hide from his mistakes in the first half, conceding 3 goals, (dun tell mi all 3 goals are not his fault..
Dudek = david james, in my opinion, not consistent and tends to make an odd mistake every now and then. for a club like liverpool, a top class keeper is needed, regardless of how expenisive he is.. dudek can only play for poorer clubs like MAN city (same category as james)
Reina has the confident to be a top class keeper, together with quality and attributes, he will surely be a gd keeper.. a keeper with no confidence in himself, ( like dudek) can never be a top class keeper worthy for a top class team like liverpool...
have faith in Reina...  :blues:
Alonso_Rulz

Postby Chelsea forever. » Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:01 am

I think Zenden and Sisoko are good buys.

Im not a huge fan of Dudek, and I havent seen a WHOLE lot of Reina ( i have a bit) ... so im not sure. But I think he will prove to be a good addition.

Crouch for 7M :laugh:  .... How is it that a player who has had half a good season in his entire life is bought for 7M from a relegated club, and Andy Jhonson who had a great full season and finished among top scorers didnt even get a look? Strange if you ask me !
Chelsea forever.

Postby El Nino_#9 » Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:13 am

most of jerzy's mistakes have always come from trying to catch the ball. he usually tries to punch at it but ends up flapping at it. give him where credits due however, he was a very good shot stopper.
i do however believe that reina will be a very good signing for us, maybe not as good as cech is but near! i have seen him play quite a lot of games, and he seems to have a lot of confidence in himself.
he is commanding and isn't afraid to shout his head off to talk to the defence. he is very good at catching the ball and punching the ball aswell.

:bowdown reina :bowdown
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:18 am

Chelsea forever. wrote:Crouch for 7M :laugh:  .... How is it that a player who has had half a good season in his entire life is bought for 7M from a relegated club, and Andy Jhonson who had a great full season and finished among top scorers didnt even get a look? Strange if you ask me !

i don't its that strange to be honest.
most of andy johnson's goals came from the penalty spot (10 in all), peter crouch however scored 16 (all from open play....i think). andy johnson is also too similar with some of the strikers we have now. with peter crouch, however, he gives us more "possibilities".
he will cause other teams defence a lot of grief. he is good in the air and almost guarenteed to win a header.
however, the 7mil price tag is surprising!  ???
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:28 am

Alfonso Alonso 1 wrote:Name the Blunders Dudek has made then?
you can count them on one hand, 2 versus man utd, and erm...thats it!
If Reina makes a load of howlers, im gonna laugh my cake off!

portsmouth at home...olympiacos at home...leverkusen at home,feck ! I'll be here all day
would you seriously be that happy to see the new guys blunder ? ???
shame
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:36 am

Alfonso Alonso 1 wrote:If Reina makes a load of howlers, im gonna laugh my cake off!

Apart from being a total :censored: with no understanding of football you don't even qualify as a pretend red.

Friggin Muppet !
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:33 am

:D
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:01 am

passmeistro_#14 wrote:and maybe still to come-
-Figo? (free)
-Hobbs? 0.5m
-Alves? 8m
-Upson? 5m

Figo is looking very doubtful due to this report-

http://www.tribalfootball.com/july/italnews220705.html

Hobbs looks like he is on his way in, but will definately not play a part in the first team squad in the years to come.

Alves(there's an interesting one!)- i personally am not so keen on this fellow. at first i like him until he said this....

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.as....ll_home

(is it me, or does this guy sound like a mercenary!)

Upson is also now a doubt too! (the source below!)

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.as....iership

LOOKS LIKE RAFA'S BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD FOR OTHER SIGNINGS, ANDRADE LOOKS QUITE LIKELY.  :help
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:05 pm

El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Indian » Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:02 pm

Zenden looks a good buy.  Reina looked decent against TNS, caught a few crosses under pressure which Dudek would not have attempted.  One of my mates watches Spanish football regularly and reckons Gonzales was top class, if he gets fit and adjusts to the pace of the prem, he might prove to be a good buy.  Missed the friendly game last week, so didn't see Sissoko play, my main worry is whether he will be able to pass & control the ball, because a lot of the midfielders Houllier signed couldn't.  I don't expect him to pass as well as Stevie or Alonso but hope he's not a donkey like Diao or Biscan.  I'd like to hear how well he did last week.  Crouch - I feel we payed way too much for him, but due to the simple fact that he can hold the ball up, he will prove to be an effective buy.  I saw highlights of a couple of his games last season and he was trapping balls that were/are regularly bouncing off Baros & Cisse - so if he manages to score goals (I'd settle for 15, seeing that Cisse & Morientes are our primary goalscorers), i think he'll be a good addition
Red Indian

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion