Summer signings - Who would you like to see? (within reaso

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby destro » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:54 pm

Whoever we buy its going to be a gamble Villa,Eto,Klose,Lahm,Alves,Joaquim,Simao,Aimar,Ribery,Ronaldhino !!!.... Even a current prem player is still not going to be a guaranteed match winner, see Pennant,Bellamy, the main difference hopefully this time will be more money available.

I think next season could be Rafas most important, some of his past buys have raised eyebrows but been sort of accepted because they were available for the sort of money he had to spend, no such excuse next season.

Owen a controversial choice with some if not most on here regardless of all the politcs,NEVER have sold him and have NEVER replaced him, so i would have him back, only problem being will he be the same player after his injury....time will tell ( 12million clause)

I like Lennon he is quick and very direct his final ball and his deciscion making is sometimes questionable and i dont know if that can be worked on or if we can afford the time for it to be, would spurs sell him though ?

Berbatov is another "look what you could of won" i like him a lot good in the air,quick and knows how to finish and bring in others but again i cant see spurs selling him ( maybe we could do a deal involving Cisse )

Tevez, already said in a previous thread he is impressing me more everytime i see him quicker than i thought he was , good fee kick taker and another unselfish player, Mascherano being at LFC could swing it in our favour, IF West Ham go down and IF we can arrange a reasonable fee

Nugent is a player i would like us to sign but again it comes down to fact he would have to hit the ground running  , we cant really afford to wait for him to find his feet, could he make the step up ?

Bale, same sort of situation as Nugent, although i think he is destined to go to M.U, where no doubt he will probably go on to be the best in the world ??? typical !!

Basically , who would want to be Rafa , he is going to bring in new faces thats for certain but he cant please all of the people all of the time. I think we are due a bit of "luck" in the transfer market and i hope we end up with a Ronaldo,RVN,Drogba,Robben ( not literally)
destro

Postby crazyhorse » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:03 pm

In ....

Joachim, Eto'o, Owen, Woodgate/King, Aimar

Out....

Bellamy, Cisse, Hyypia, Dudek, ect
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:14 pm

crazyhorse wrote:In ....

Joachim,

would that be in infamous Julian Joachim, former villa striker??

:p
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:32 pm

Remember that we have 40 M tops, Villa alone would be over the 25M in a lucky day, since he renewed his contract at the beginning of this season and has a ridiculous fee.

It would be interesting each of us would answer what to do with 40M.

I'll give an insight of the players I know a bit:

Even if Joaquin, the Valencia player is better than Pennant, he's not that much better, and his quality/money relationship wouldn't make it a worthy, signing up IMHO. Despite he hasn't played as much as he wanted, I'm not sure he'd leave Mestalla after his first season. Would be an expensive one.

Sevilla would be an interesting team to target, because their Chairman Del Nido always smiles when he sees some money. But he's a clever bástard, he knows when the buyer has fresh money and is a tough negotiator. I like Kanoute a lot, but he was unimpressive in England (apparently) and he might not improve that much what we already have.

In Sevilla, the Danish Povlsen would be an interesting midfielder as a replacement of Sissoko. Alves is of course interesting, but several teams are fighting for him, and I feel he has a soft spot for one of the other big clubs of Spain. We can outbid Madrid and Barsa when it comes to money if we focus much of the funds in Alves, but we'd have to convince him.

If anyone is looking for a good RW, Navas would be the best option in Sevilla. Loads of quality.

In Barcelona we should Target Eto'o. In our favour we have that he seems to want to leave the team so I feel we could buy him, but then, we'd need to focus most of the transfer funds on him.

What I mean, in a nutshell, is that we al like Eto'o, Villa, or Alves, but with 40M we cannot buy them all.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:37 pm

lets not forget if the stories of 40 million are true there is also the money made from the players that will be leaving.

we could be looking at 50 milliom plus, provided that money gained from selling any players goes back in the pot.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby Scottbot » Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:58 pm

Sabre wrote:What I mean, in a nutshell, is that we al like Eto'o, Villa, or Alves, but with 40M we cannot buy them all.

40mill doesn't really go that far if you want to buy the best but i still imagaine a couple of players will leave (perhaps Bellamy and Kewell + fingers crossed Cisse) so that will bring in a few dollars and lighten the wage bill a little.

Forward and a left-winger are the priorities for me and i'd be all for spending the whole budget on those 2 positions if need be.

David Villa - watched him play for Valencia (against Sevilla) tonight and he impressed me once again. A couple of goals and some excellent pieces of skills + i like his work-rate. I'm still a big fan of E'to and there's not much to choose between the 2 of them. You would be DELIGHTED to land either player.

Gamst Pedersen - Marcus said he'd like him at the club earlier in this thread and i agree. He's an excellent player who would only get better playing with the likes of Gerrard and Alonso. He's quick, a good crosser, can dribble, is pretty two-footed and his work-rate in defence (see the FA Cup semi today) is first rate for a player you would consider to be all about attacking. I'm not sure what the fee would be but i imagine he would cost around 10-12mill plus we could throw back Bellamy to sweeten the deal.

Gareth Barry - How the hell is this guy not in the England team? Excellent player who should be at a bigger club, i have often wondered why none of the big four clubs have had a look at him and can only assume it is because of a lack of pace. Left-Back probably isn't quite such a pressing need but he is a versatile player who can do a job at LB, LM, CM and RB and he wouldn't cost more than 6mill.
Last edited by Scottbot on Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:09 pm

If we do have £40M and splash £25M on a top striker then we are only left with £15M (plus money from selling players).

So that would mean 1 or 2 "gambles" - I said a while ago Pedersen would be worth a punt - he wouldn't be too expensive.

I'd like to see Rafa get some players who have experience in the Prem - I get tired
of this "he needs time to adapt" palava when we have players from abroad.

I would sell Garcia - for every great goal/game, he has 3/4 stinkers - we need more consistent performers if we want to make a go of it in the League.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:34 pm

1- A predatory striker.
2- Some steel. Leg crunchers.
3- A few Spanish/Portugese flair players.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:58 pm

How about Matty Taylor down at pompey?  as an alternative to Riise. Similar style of player, yet defensively slightly better equipped...just a suggestion.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby ToTinho » Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:15 am

the 3 players i think we need are :
1- Darren Bent : this young man is a hell of a player , full of effort , a tough fighter , a natural goalscorer and has hunger and will to learn .
2- Quaresma : A true winger full of skills , creative , paceful with a fabulous control of the ball . his physique is very good for the EPL , although sometimes he sometimes goes a bit over with his tricks but that could be adressed by Rafa.
3-Alves : i guess nearly all of us knows how good this boy is and although he didnt have the best of games today against valencia but i always thought he is a natural winger more than a full back.

May be some disagree with me on these players but i followed them a lot in the last couple of years and i think that they deserve to wear the glorious red shirt .
YNWA
ToTinho

Postby red_guy » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:08 am

red37 wrote:How about Matty Taylor down at pompey?  as an alternative to Riise. Similar style of player, yet defensively slightly better equipped...just a suggestion.

Matty Taylor? He's good alright. Should play for a big club...as he can improve.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:38 am

Scottbot wrote:
Sabre wrote:What I mean, in a nutshell, is that we al like Eto'o, Villa, or Alves, but with 40M we cannot buy them all.

40mill doesn't really go that far if you want to buy the best but i still imagaine a couple of players will leave (perhaps Bellamy and Kewell + fingers crossed Cisse) so that will bring in a few dollars and lighten the wage bill a little.

Forward and a left-winger are the priorities for me and i'd be all for spending the whole budget on those 2 positions if need be.

David Villa - watched him play for Valencia (against Sevilla) tonight and he impressed me once again. A couple of goals and some excellent pieces of skills + i like his work-rate. I'm still a big fan of E'to and there's not much to choose between the 2 of them. You would be DELIGHTED to land either player.

Gamst Pedersen - Marcus said he'd like him at the club earlier in this thread and i agree. He's an excellent player who would only get better playing with the likes of Gerrard and Alonso. He's quick, a good crosser, can dribble, is pretty two-footed and his work-rate in defence (see the FA Cup semi today) is first rate for a player you would consider to be all about attacking. I'm not sure what the fee would be but i imagine he would cost around 10-12mill plus we could throw back Bellamy to sweeten the deal.

Gareth Barry - How the hell is this guy not in the England team? Excellent player who should be at a bigger club, i have often wondered why none of the big four clubs have had a look at him and can only assume it is because of a lack of pace. Left-Back probably isn't quite such a pressing need but he is a versatile player who can do a job at LB, LM, CM and RB and he wouldn't cost more than 6mill.

Agree there Scott, not sure about Barry though, not saying he's a bad player but he's just not at our level imo.

I'm split on Eto'o and Villa, I like both but I suppose at the end of the day it comes down to price and I think Eto'o will be a h3ll of a lot cheaper than Villa.

Rafa deffo need to get rid of the dead wood and imo I'd get rid of:

Kewell - The lad is a good player but he just can't stay fit.

Cisse - Dunno how much we'll get for him though cos he's stuggling in France at the moment, we deffo won't be close to the money GH paid for him.

Zenden - going anyway

Fowler - Great player and glad he came back but I just think Rafa needs to look to the future and Robbie only has approx 1 year left in him, I'd prefer him to retire and go out on top.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby EddieC » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:32 am

Why is everyone talking about £40m? Has there been anything official from the club yet?

Until I hear someone connected with the club quote a figure I'm not believing a random figure the press have come up with. All Gillett & Hicks have said as far as I'm aware is that Rafa will have the money to buy the players he needs.
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby clik » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:05 am

alves, outstanding player
villa, imo best striker in world at mo
i'd be happy if these were the only two brought in, quality rather than quantity
Dreams do come true......Istanbul 2005
clik

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:44 am

Villa and Torres, up front!!!!!

50 goals each, next season for LFC!!!

YAY!!!!

On ProEvoSoccer.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave