flamingpoe

Postby Owzat » Sun May 11, 2008 6:52 pm

Scottbot wrote:
ruskiy playmaker wrote:1.Torres
2.Santa Cruz
3.Sagna
4.Mascherano
5.Tevez

That's a good shout mate, Santa Cruz has been excellent for Rovers this season. He deffo deserves top be in the top 5.

Have you ever sat down in an exam and answered a question with a perfect answer only to later find that you hadn't read the question properly and given the perfect answer - to a different question.

If you re-read the original post, this thread is about big four signings not general signings.

Owzat wrote:Of the signings made by the top four clubs

And flamingpoe - Carew? Do me a favour. And he wasn't even signed this season anyway, he was signed January LAST year which is 2006/7
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun May 11, 2008 7:04 pm

Rocky Santa Claus will join Liverpool next season.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun May 11, 2008 7:17 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:Rocky Santa Claus will join Liverpool next season.

I certainly hope so, if HE were a primary target I'd be very happy. With any luck he'll qualify for the same thread next season, as long as it is us that gets him. If we get him and a cut price Owen then that could be a very good start, it's hard to believe we have goalscoring problems given the number of goals we have scored this season, but we tend to either score a lot of not enough. Too many draws do not suggest a free scoring side, the mancs have their off days but it's no coincidence they are top scorers and Champions. (scored 80)

Saying that it has been a problem of our's for many seasons, even when we had Fowler and Owen we weren't scoring enough. Most Liverpool have scored in the Premiership is 71 and our past five seasons less than 60. With the signing of Torres and his goals we managed 67 this season, with a good partner up front we could set new records and reach new heights.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun May 11, 2008 7:28 pm

We'll sell Crouch and sign Santa Cruz.
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SundanceKid » Sun May 11, 2008 10:33 pm

Anelka seemed to be great signing. But then you ask yourself how many goals he has... His only goal was against Wigan. And it was at an empty net.
Last edited by SundanceKid on Sun May 11, 2008 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool red"
SundanceKid

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun May 11, 2008 11:18 pm

Anelka will leave Chelsea next season.

When asked why he'll say "I want Champions League football".

When reminded that Chelsea play in the Champions League every year, Anelka will get confused, his eyes will cross, and he'll faint.
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon May 12, 2008 1:33 am

I see most arent impressed by Malouda but personally both times when he came on against us in the CL semi final I thought his impact was immediate and could have scored at any moment. I dont undertsand why he didnt start in both games, the lad terrified me.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SundanceKid » Mon May 12, 2008 1:41 am

Reg wrote:I see most arent impressed by Malouda but personally both times when he came on against us in the CL semi final I thought his impact was immediate and could have scored at any moment. I dont undertsand why he didnt start in both games, the lad terrified me.

I agree as well. But I was more terrified of Essien. After his first shot, the one that flew way over the goal, I knew he was going to try that a couple of more times, and he did. Luckily it was an offsides call though.
SundanceKid

Postby Kharhaz » Mon May 12, 2008 1:43 am

I hope we dont sign santa cruz. Nothing against the lad but if he is one of our future signings I will constantly be thinking, bellamy also did well for blackburn....my sights are set a bit higher.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thingy » Mon May 12, 2008 1:43 am

Malouda wasnt what I expected to be fair. We was heavily linked, he turned us down, for a few more quid.  Nothing spectacluar, and probably not Chelsea standard. Kharhaz mate Santa Cruz was half Bellamys price, scored 20 plus goals and created a fair few, hes totally different player to Bellamy. Hes a big lad, not a slug with asthma pace wise, scores on the floor and in the air. Bellamy was different totally. Id love him here. Him, Torres, Babel and another striker up top would leave us loads of different but exciting options up top.
Thingy

Postby Kharhaz » Mon May 12, 2008 1:58 am

Thingy wrote:Malouda wasnt what I expected to be fair. We was heavily linked, he turned us down, for a few more quid.  Nothing spectacluar, and probably not Chelsea standard. Kharhaz mate Santa Cruz was half Bellamys price, scored 20 plus goals and created a fair few, hes totally different player to Bellamy. Hes a big lad, not a slug with asthma pace wise, scores on the floor and in the air. Bellamy was different totally. Id love him here. Him, Torres, Babel and another striker up top would leave us loads of different but exciting options up top.

For blackburn that is. How much would we pay for him? and would he offer the same for us as he does blackburn?

One thing I have noticed, when players with ability play for a lower placed league team ( say mid table ) then they have the freedom to play there game, they are the best player but once they join liverpool, the big fish becomes the little one and doesnt perform as well. Santa Cruz for me is currently a king size gold fish.
Last edited by Kharhaz on Mon May 12, 2008 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SundanceKid » Mon May 12, 2008 1:59 am

I'd give a finger if we could snag Berbatov from Tottenham. He's almost like a Bulgarian Fernando Torres.
SundanceKid

Postby Thingy » Mon May 12, 2008 2:03 am

I think we could get him for about 8 million mate, or maybe a million or 2 plus say Benayoun.  I see what your sayin and its happend alot but I dont think the rest have scored as many or created as much, or caught the eye as much . Kuyt cost 10 mill and Has scored 20 odd league goals or there or there abouts in 2 years, Santa Cruz has done that in one. Hes gotta be better than Kuyt and Voronin, surely?
Thingy

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion