Signings of the summer - Honest assessment please

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JC_81 » Wed May 07, 2008 3:33 pm

Don't know why Mascherano is in this list - although he only signed this season, he's been at the club since the January of the season before.

Of the new players that have come in this season my top 5 would be:

1.  Torres
2.  Tevez
3.  Anderson
4.  Nani
5.  Sagna

I also think Eduardo was just starting to show some real promise before he got injured.

The worst signings are all Chelsea's.  Last summer they brought in Belletti, Ben Haim, Sidwell, Pizzaro and they also brought in Ivanovich - none of these guys have made any sort of impact on the first team at all.  None of them have featured in any game of importance at the business end of the season.  Malouda has been garbage too in my opinion and the only half decent signing they made was bringing in Alex and even he is good back-up at best.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Trewyn » Wed May 07, 2008 3:42 pm

1) Torres (no reason needed as its unanimous how good he is)
2) Mascherano - for a guy his size, he really is like an energizer bunny or some pitbull terrier. His tackling is super and he really cuts off the opponent's build-up.
3) Tevez - Without him, Manure wouldn't be close to the title. He has scored some pretty important goals for them.
4) Sagna - I wish we had him and Liverpool should get players like him, quick in attack, strong in defence.
5) Nani - When he goes forward, it always creates a buzz plus he's quick also minus his oscar winning shennenigans
Trewyn

Postby Bad Bob » Wed May 07, 2008 3:49 pm

andy_g wrote::D

don't get me wrong, bob. i'm all for originality and not following the herd but even for me there's a limit.

:D

Speaking of dodgy hairstyles, Masch needs a little work on his widow's peak--he looks too much like this other fella:

Five!  Five sliding tackles, ah ah ah ah ah!  :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Bad Bob » Wed May 07, 2008 3:53 pm

john craig wrote:Don't know why Mascherano is in this list - although he only signed this season, he's been at the club since the January of the season before.

1.  Torres
2.  Tevez
3.  Anderson
4.  Nani
5.  Sagna

I also think Eduardo was just starting to show some real promise before he got injured.

The worst signings are all Chelsea's.  Last summer they brought in Belletti, Ben Haim, Sidwell, Pizzaro and they also brought in Ivanovich - none of these guys have made any sort of impact on the first team at all.  None of them have featured in any game of importance at the business end of the season.  Malouda has been garbage too in my opinion and the only half decent signing they made was bringing in Alex and even he is good back-up at best.

Completely agree about Chelsea's signings, John--truly underwhelming, with the exception of Anelka, who nonetheless rarely seems to get a game.  That said, they're still in the hunt for the double so their existing squad hasn't lost any of its quality.  Indeed, and to my consternation as I can't stand the guy, Ballack's improvement this season has been huge for them.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Torres25 » Wed May 07, 2008 4:06 pm

Best

1 Torres
2 Mascherano
3 Anderson
4 Sagna
5 Nani

Worst

1 Voronin
2 Pizzaro
3 Beletti
4 Hargreaves
5 eh?

2 be honest a top 5 worst list is hard coz u never notice the :censored: players 4 other teams.......i agree r signings have been a success.......shows what a great manager can do with half the money thrown at chelsea & mancs
Torres25

Postby Toffeehater » Wed May 07, 2008 4:13 pm

1. Torres
2. Sagna
3. Masch
4. Santa cruz
5. Eduardo

I feel anderson is over rated and he only performs on certain ocassions and nani has not been that impressive .
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Wed May 07, 2008 4:21 pm

john craig wrote:Don't know why Mascherano is in this list - although he only signed this season, he's been at the club since the January of the season before.

1.  Torres
2.  Tevez
3.  Anderson
4.  Nani
5.  Sagna

:nod appalling signings by chelsea
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Fri May 09, 2008 5:51 pm

LOAN LOAN LOAN LOAN
LOAN, LOAN, LOAN, LOAN
T'was a LOAN
T'was a LOAN

Are any of the other players listed LOANs?

............. someone LOAN him a brain
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Fri May 09, 2008 5:54 pm

Tevez has not been SIGNED by manure so he can't be considered on that list , he still on loan like how mascherano was for us .
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Fri May 09, 2008 11:23 pm

LOAN signing.
LFC2007

Postby account deleted by request » Fri May 09, 2008 11:37 pm

Torres and Babel are loan signings, as we supposedly took out another loan to sign them :D
account deleted by request

Postby LFC2007 » Fri May 09, 2008 11:40 pm

:D  :(
LFC2007

Postby Scottbot » Sat May 10, 2008 11:49 am

ruskiy playmaker wrote:1.Torres
2.Santa Cruz
3.Sagna
4.Mascherano
5.Tevez

That's a good shout mate, Santa Cruz has been excellent for Rovers this season. He deffo deserves top be in the top 5.

1- Torres: Anyone who says otherwise needs shooting

2- Anderson: Has made a big impact at the mancs. Unfortunatley he could well be a fixture in that side for the next 10 years.

3- Mascherano: The little Rottweiller was a bargain at £17mill

4- Santa Cruz: Cheap as chips and can't stop scoring. Rovers will make £10 mill profit on this guy at some stage. Class Act.

5- Sagna: Must admit i liked Eboue at Full-Back but this guy has been just as good.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sat May 10, 2008 12:14 pm

Torres has been the signing of the Summer because he has learned how to speak English in less than a year, whereas most London-born players are still struggling with it.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby flamingpoe » Sat May 10, 2008 3:02 pm

torres was the signing of the season, but my top ten would consist like this,
1.)torres - incredible
2.)santa cruz - like it was said few million quid for a proven striker!
3.)mascherano - brilliant centre defensive mid
4.)tevez - hate him with a passion, but he is a good signing all the same!
5.)afonso alves - we should of signed him he will be somewhat of a good striker middlesborough methinks
6.)sagna - good defender, saved ARSEnal many many times
7.)nani - hate him manure player, but he is still a good signing
8.)malouda - we should of got him and torres, but we got torres so im happy with that!
9.)babel - great signing but we need to use him as a striker, not as a winger!!!!!!!!, cant quite this point to much rafa!!!!!
10.)john carew - aston villa striker, old.....but certainly has the potential to become one of the best strikers in the premiership with his heading ability and strength
flamingpoe

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion