Summer signings - Who would you like to see? (within reaso

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red37 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:13 am

The Bench wrote:I know i've missed loads of posts in this thread, but it's the same old story for me. Give rafa 4 mil or 40 mil and he'll still shop at aldi and find the best prawns in the shop rather than going for tescos finest range and realising you've paid 50% for the packaging with no real substance. In a nutshell, any "superstar" will be got for a good, more realistic price in order to buy potential that no one else sees and mould it into a finest dish. (By the way I don't work at either aldi or tesco!!)

Lidl then   ???   

:D

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu.Murph » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:14 am

red37 wrote:that reminds me...

where is Welsh Wizard these days?

there must be something to actually do of a night now in Rhyl i suspect, other than weigh up the pro's and con's of either sitting in with a Fish supper, watching the highlights from the 1979 Eisteddfod..or going and danglin' off the edge of Llanddudno pier, catching Jellyfish i suppose...  ???

Welsh!  hurry up and come back and give us all the Gossip     :laugh:

You must be joking surely?

That boys an absoloute joke of a person. Embarressing some of the stuff he says.
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu.Murph » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:15 am

The Bench wrote:I know i've missed loads of posts in this thread, but it's the same old story for me. Give rafa 4 mil or 40 mil and he'll still shop at aldi and find the best prawns in the shop rather than going for tescos finest range and realising you've paid 50% for the packaging with no real substance. In a nutshell, any "superstar" will be got for a good, more realistic price in order to buy potential that no one else sees and mould it into a finest dish. (By the way I don't work at either aldi or tesco!!)

What a post that is... love it. :D
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby red37 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:17 am

Stu.Murph wrote:

there must be something to actually do of a night now in Rhyl i suspect, other than weigh up the pro's and con's of either sitting in with a Fish supper, watching the highlights from the 1979 Eisteddfod..or going and danglin' off the edge of Llanddudno pier, catching Jellyfish i suppose...  ???

That boys an absoloute joke of a person. Embarressing some of the stuff he says.

:laugh:   he's armless stu  :D

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby The Bench » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:21 am

Lidl then    [quote]
Billy lidl?
The Bench

Postby Stu.Murph » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:24 am

red37 wrote:
Stu.Murph wrote:

:laugh:   he's armless stu  :D

Everyone is on here... he's a waste of space if you ask me. :D
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby red37 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:26 am

no...

and not the mercurial

:bowdown   :D

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby The Bench » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:35 am

haha! nice one red37.

On a footy thread, not sure we can predict anyone rafa will sign, do think pedersen from blackburn or matty taylor at pompey are decent "aldi" type players.
The Bench

Postby Stu.Murph » Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:04 am

The Bench wrote:haha! nice one red37.

On a footy thread, not sure we can predict anyone rafa will sign, do think pedersen from blackburn or matty taylor at pompey are decent "aldi" type players.

Definate Aldi's as apose to Marks and Sparks. :D

Haha, I'm gonna start using that instead of ability.

Gerrard is the Mark and Spencers finest... Expensive, top quality.

Sissoko is the Tesco's own brand... has its uses, liked by some but not all. :D
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:03 am

Scottbot wrote:
Sabre wrote:What I mean, in a nutshell, is that we al like Eto'o, Villa, or Alves, but with 40M we cannot buy them all.

40mill doesn't really go that far if you want to buy the best but i still imagaine a couple of players will leave (perhaps Bellamy and Kewell + fingers crossed Cisse) so that will bring in a few dollars and lighten the wage bill a little.

Forward and a left-winger are the priorities for me and i'd be all for spending the whole budget on those 2 positions if need be.

David Villa - watched him play for Valencia (against Sevilla) tonight and he impressed me once again. A couple of goals and some excellent pieces of skills + i like his work-rate. I'm still a big fan of E'to and there's not much to choose between the 2 of them. You would be DELIGHTED to land either player.

Gamst Pedersen - Marcus said he'd like him at the club earlier in this thread and i agree. He's an excellent player who would only get better playing with the likes of Gerrard and Alonso. He's quick, a good crosser, can dribble, is pretty two-footed and his work-rate in defence (see the FA Cup semi today) is first rate for a player you would consider to be all about attacking. I'm not sure what the fee would be but i imagine he would cost around 10-12mill plus we could throw back Bellamy to sweeten the deal.

Gareth Barry - How the hell is this guy not in the England team? Excellent player who should be at a bigger club, i have often wondered why none of the big four clubs have had a look at him and can only assume it is because of a lack of pace. Left-Back probably isn't quite such a pressing need but he is a versatile player who can do a job at LB, LM, CM and RB and he wouldn't cost more than 6mill.

Good shouts.

Gareth Barry is often overlooked, which is a crime as he is IMO the best natural left-sided midfielder England have (might say more about Englands lack of quality in that position than Barry). He can also do an excellent job at left back and he'd surely jump at the chance to play for one of the top clubs in England as it would probably mean he'd get his long overdue chance in an England shirt. 

Woudln't cost a bomb and the risk woule be minimal IMO.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:49 am

The only options that come to my mind as good enough players in Spain for Liverpool, and left wings, are Vicente and Silva.

Silva appeared in Valencia as the sub of Vicente but has proven to be a great player, that was succesful even in the tougher physically Second Division.

Another point that might be interesting, is that I realised that the amount of money that is being dealt in England is muc bigger than the rest of the countries right now. For instance I read yesterday that Juventus made an offer of 6 M for Deco! which is ridiculous. The press journo said he wasn't moving for less than 15M, which still it's not that much.

My point is not to say wether the rumour is true or not, but to stress that with the money we are supposed to be managing next year, we will be able to outbid almost any foreign club right now. England is the richest league at the moment.
Last edited by Sabre on Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:57 am

Indeed Sabre. I seriously do hope that if it comes to bidding wars (given the player is worth it of course) that we do challange for the big names.

We cant afford to let young future stars slip through out reach. Man Utd paid something around 12Mil for Ronaldo and looks how he has developed.

How much would Vicente cost Sabre?

And as for Joaquin i cant understand why people are still throwing his name around. He only moved to Valencia not long ago so I doubt they would let him go cheap even if he did want to leave.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 5 stars » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:07 am

I'd love to see us sign Tevez next season, he would let Kuyt and Crouch both lead the line. Crouch has shown that he can be lethal leading the line, and Kuyt would be much better used up front rather imo. That is why Tevez could be a important signing, he would also bring 'Gerrard type influence' to the team, look at West Ham when he is on the ball he is always chipping away and trying to create something, weather it be a goal for himself or a goalscoring opportunity for a team mate.

If we also decided to sign a quality left winger, and with Gerrard on the right, Alonso would have three quality attacking options to pass to. Just look at Scholes and Carrick at Man U, they have Ronaldo, Rooney and Giggs as attacking passing option.  Right Alonso and Mascherano have Riise, Kuyt and Gerrard. They have basically only one quality attacking option to pass to, and two hard working players who are playing out of position.

In my opinion our current strikers are fine, but what we need to improve our attacking option available to our central midfield, especially Alonso. Tevez fits the bill, I hope we address this problem this summer and sign somebody to player the role Kuyt has been asked to play this season.
5 stars

Postby Elchris » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:16 am

reina

alves    carra         agger     bale

mascherano   alonso

simao           gerrard               quaresma

eto

:;):
Elchris

Postby KRobbo10 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:27 am

I agree with 5 stars I think Tevez would be a great signing, It would be good if we could sign Tevez and Mascherano now instead of having them on loan, because Mascherano is getting better and better every game, so his value is surely going to raise aswell.
KRobbo10

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion