MAN CITY VS LIVERPOOL - match build up, live updates, reaction

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ozzie1000 » Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:57 pm

erm crouch <<<<<<<<<<<< division one anyone
ozzie1000

Postby A.B. » Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:33 pm

stmichael wrote:just remembered, dalglish is going isn't he? :sniffle  :D

Yes he is, the bloody jinx. Hopefully he'll hit his head on his way out of the door, lay knocked out until the game is finished. :D
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:21 pm

If we going to play like the one that we played vs with Betis .... I said that we going to win 0-3. PC will score his 1st goal of the season .
LiverpoolMadman

Postby A.B. » Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:24 pm

0-3?? :O

It's ok to be optimistic but damnnnnnnnnnnnn........... :D
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:29 pm

It's ok to be optimistic but damnnnnnnnnnnnn

0-3 :D
LiverpoolMadman

Postby zarababe » Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:33 pm

A.B. wrote:

Yes he is, the bloody jinx. Hopefully he'll hit his head on his way out of the door, lay knocked out until the game is finished. :D

.. ands Alonso is injured, despite your protests A.B.. you owe an apology for rudely implying that he and  Garcia were not injured  :talktothehand Champions league night remember  :rasp
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:37 pm

zarababe wrote:
A.B. wrote:

.. ands Alonso is injured, despite your protests A.B.. you owe an apology for rudely implying that he and  Garcia were not injured  :talktothehand Champions league night remember  :rasp

It was reported that they were both fit to play on the off. site, I thank you very much. It's not my fault that Alonso couldn't recover on time.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby zarababe » Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:43 pm

:O what site?  was that some cheapo site you were reading.. all the official ones said they were both INJURED.. Rude Man.. telling me off that night, when I was right all along  :talktothehand

:rasp
Last edited by zarababe on Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:44 pm

Pearce: Tempo the key to beating Liverpool

25/11/2005 - 13:07:39 

Stuart Pearce has called on Manchester City to blow Liverpool away with a high-tempo game plan.

Pearce’s first win as Blues boss came against Rafael Benitez’s team last term and a second victory is required if City are to maintain their position among the Premiership’s high flyers.

As usual, Pearce has analysed the opposition’s strengths in a meticulous manner.

But, for once, he believes it is how his team play which will dictate the result, hinting a fast-moving, English-type game could unsettle a Liverpool side packed with continental stars who often look ill at ease in the hurly-burly of domestic combat.

“We have done our homework but I just have a feeling this is one of those games which is about the way we play and the tempo we set,” said Pearce.

“I am desperate to get a high tempo into our game, especially at home.

“We have worked on it with the players this week and we are ready to take them on.”

Slowly it seems, the Champions League winners are starting to shed the tag of a side who can turn it on in Europe but not in the Premiership.

Four successive wins since the embarrassing Carling Cup defeat at Crystal Palace only came to an end on Wednesday with a goalless draw against Real Betis.

The result still proved good enough to take the Merseyside giants into the knockout stages of a competition they won for the fifth time following an incredible comeback against AC Milan in May.

Pearce knows any side displaying such fortitude has to be respected but he is anticipating a more positive approach from the visitors than Blackburn adopted seven days ago and feels City may benefit.

“Liverpool have picked up after a sluggish start and whereas Blackburn wanted a point and got one last week, they will probably not see getting a point from Manchester City as a particularly good result,” said Pearce.

“The way Liverpool set their aspirations, they will feel if they don’t win, they will be falling away from the Champions League spots and also the championship itself.

“But I know what we are trying to achieve here and what a good result is to me.

“When we beat Liverpool last year it gave us a big lift and another victory would have just the same effect.”

Pearce has midfielder Joey Barton available after a one-match ban and with Claudio Reyna still struggling with an ankle injury, the former England Under-21 international is set for a recall.

Robbie Fowler could be handed a place on the bench against his former club after coming through a midweek reserve outing, while England Under-19 international Lee Croft also has an extra incentive to keep his starting berth.

Although he was born and grew up in Wigan, Croft is a lifelong Liverpool fan, a passion he inherited from his Croxteth-born mother.

Professional commitments mean he can no longer make regular trips to watch the Merseyside giants. But he still keeps a close eye on life at Anfield and feels a big improvement is not too far away.

“I like Liverpool but they should be doing better than they are,” said the 20-year-old, who is hoping for his fourth successive Premiership start.

“I am sure their league form will pick up though and they will be up near the top at the end of the season.

“It would mean an awful lot to play against them and they have a lot of good players we will have to stop.

“We know their strengths and weaknesses but we have to try to impose our game on them.”

Love the Merseyside giants bits Image
Last edited by Ciggy on Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:47 pm

zarababe wrote: :O what site?  was that some cheapo site you were reading.. all the official ones said they were both INJURED.. Rude Man.. telling me off that night, when I was right all along  :talktothehand

:rasp

LFC.tv, if you look at the archive's you'll see it.  :rasp
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby zarababe » Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:53 pm

well it proves my point.. you should listen to me.. i know more than you and LFC.tv put together :talktothehand   

Admit you were wrong .. go on  :rasp

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kidder » Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:09 pm

crouch at centre half and reina by the corner flag. i don't fancy our chances. 
lmao nice one stmick :laugh:  :laugh:

Y.N.W.A. DAD
kidder

Postby liamac » Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:45 am

dont know if any of you are betting men  , or ladies......or ladyboys for that matter ( been reading Jmacs Adventures in Thailand :D  ) but there is a site called  AsianHandycap.com and i sh!t you not  these guys are bloody good at guessing the results .......and according to these wee fellas we are a sure fire win tommorow.......i mean today  (am on nite shift )
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:54 am

If we play anywhere near properly, we should win - probably 1-0.
If not, we'll get battered. Provided he plays and the team produces, I can see Crouch scoring in this game. Jamo should be feeling generous.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hobbes » Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:38 am

:censored: it Its Liverpool's win. And its a clean sheet confirmed. I predict a 2-0. Rafa had reserved Xabi and Garcia and Sinama in the Championship match. I Expect a surprise start for Sinama in the Primiership. 

This time post Championship match.. we will win.
hobbes

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion