ANDERLECHT VS LIVERPOOL 19.45 BST - all build up and reaction here please

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Garymac » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:11 pm

3 points and a win, that all im sayin for now because i dont even want to get started......in fact fu*k it, Ciggy Cisse scored the goal, he never won the game, there was 11 players on that pitch remember. We know your a big fan of his and will back him all the way but dont start saying he won us the game. Once again his attitude stunk, he scored the goal and behaved like his work was done for the night then had the cheek to shake his head when substituted, never before  has a player with pace never looked like getting past a man once.

Traore, for the life of me who told him he was a footballer, let alone a left back, truly woeful, his posistional play is shambolic and his ability is next to nothing.

Hamann, not gonna lay into him but the thing i noticed more than anything tonight was, we often found Alonso in Hamann positions, in between defenders, last ditch tackles and breaking up moves, Hamann definetly lacked fitness tonight.

And last but not least Sissoko, the man Rafa compared to, in fact said was better than Vieira when he was this old. Fair enough but when was Vieira ever used as a right winger, that decision was shocking and left us short of a box to box midfielder in the middle, i couldnt believe he played all game out wide until he came off, defo up there with the Igor Biscan center half situation under Houllier, lets hope it doesnt happen again.

Oh and i word to the spanish lads, you dont have to start time wasting once we score a goal and Josemi the fu*king gobsh!te how immature and pathetic was it to stay down with ten minutes to go with an injury when you knew play would continue with us having to defend with ten men. The lad needs a word or two in his fu*king ear.

We got a win but lets not kid are selfs it was anymore than that.

Chelsea beat betis we beat anderlecht in 2 weeks and Last 16 here we come!
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby fivecups » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:16 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:3 points thanx to Cisse, in the second half totally lost all shape let them put us on the back foot.
I am still not convinced at the way we are playing, there is far to much squad rotation at the moment, to many passes going astray, not one player knows where their team mates are.

The last 15 minutes of that game was very strange it seemed like a Liverpool that I dont know, if that makes sense?

So true. No shape at all. We need to learn to kill teams off.

Good to see Cisse get a couple of goals though.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:21 pm

Oh and i word to the spanish lads, you dont have to start time wasting once we score a goal and Josemi the fu*king gobsh!te how immature and pathetic was it to stay down with ten minutes to go with an injury when you knew play would continue with us having to defend with ten men. The lad needs a word or two in his fu*king ear.

That's so Spanish. No matter if you are Basque or Southerner. We all do. I agree with you, but problem might be, that the one that tells them in the ear expects them to do so.

That's one of the things Rafa might not ever get about Anfield, and that was discussed in a past thread, but with a win in the pocket, that's a secondary matter , from my view (I'm Spanish, after all).

Diving is disliked here, but losing time when winning, it's something that everybody expects from his team and hate and protest about the opponent. That's going to be difficult to change.

Sabre
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:23 pm

Garymac wrote:3 points and a win, that all im sayin for now because i dont even want to get started......in fact fu*k it, Ciggy Cisse scored the goal, he never won the game, there was 11 players on that pitch remember. We know your a big fan of his and will back him all the way but dont start saying he won us the game. Once again his attitude stunk, he scored the goal and behaved like his work was done for the night then had the cheek to shake his head when substituted, never before  has a player with pace never looked like getting past a man once.

Traore, for the life of me who told him he was a footballer, let alone a left back, truly woeful, his posistional play is shambolic and his ability is next to nothing.

Hamann, not gonna lay into him but the thing i noticed more than anything tonight was, we often found Alonso in Hamann positions, in between defenders, last ditch tackles and breaking up moves, Hamann definetly lacked fitness tonight.

And last but not least Sissoko, the man Rafa compared to, in fact said was better than Vieira when he was this old. Fair enough but when was Vieira ever used as a right winger, that decision was shocking and left us short of a box to box midfielder in the middle, i couldnt believe he played all game out wide until he came off, defo up there with the Igor Biscan center half situation under Houllier, lets hope it doesnt happen again.

Gary my defence for Cisse is he is better than Crouch, Morientes is not match fit, so I get p#ssed off when the only player that looks like scoring for us at the moment is Cisse, whether people like him or not, we have to play him till January and then see what happens if he stays or goes, he has got us 6 points in the last 2 games and we really needed them 3 tonight and 3 on saturday.

Traore was rubbish as usual but he has just been given a 4 year contract so like it or not we have to get used to him being in the team :down: .

But I think none of the players are used to playing together there was 4 changes to the side again tonight, and winning teams keep the same squad week in week out, be prepared for more changes on saturday, cause you can bet there will be a few.
Last edited by Ciggy on Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alonso14 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:25 pm

Garymac wrote:3 points and a win, that all im sayin for now because i dont even want to get started......in fact fu*k it, Ciggy Cisse scored the goal, he never won the game, there was 11 players on that pitch remember. We know your a big fan of his and will back him all the way but dont start saying he won us the game. Once again his attitude stunk, he scored the goal and behaved like his work was done for the night then had the cheek to shake his head when substituted, never before  has a player with pace never looked like getting past a man once.

I couldnt agree more with what you said about cisse. He cant seem to beat a man with any trickery. although his finish was top draw, great reactions, and his done that a few times in his liverpool carrer. He seems to have a natural finsh, but when given too much time doesnt know what to do.

The sissoko thing, i think we are goning to have a lot of make shift right wingers until january, so be prepared.

Alonso was top class, a couple of great chalanges. Got booked which was disapointing, i think his only alowed one more before we gets suspended.

Joesim, i think when he went down he did buy us a bit of time to regroup because they was realy going at us, so i wont blame him too much for that.
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:25 pm

As I said earlier, most of our players have played 19 games for the club already, not including international games. Some of them have to be knackered, and need to be rested because theres still a long way to go.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:30 pm

You can see tonight that the team is being broken up gradually from the players that we know, and us english are a bit wary of all these foreigners in what was once mostly an english side.
We had one english player who started today Carra, Warnock came on for the last 10 mins, its very scary indeed.
Last edited by Ciggy on Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:48 pm

Like you say Ciggy if Cisse plays like that every week but scores a goal, we cant argue, but tonight we got 3 points and they were not a good side, the right hand said was a disater waiting to happen.

I also hate posting straight after the game but to many things got me blood boiling to night and i let it out on here cos me dad just tells me to fu*king do one!!!

Sabre, i agree with the time wasting if theres 5 minutes to go and your not playing well but there is clever ways to do it and times to do it, but some of are time wating methods tonight were extremely strange.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:56 pm

:cool:
Last edited by Ciggy on Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:24 pm

i had a few pints during the game, and then a few after so i may not be at my most perceptive here... but i though t we had a decent game, especially the 1st half. i thought alonso was outstanding, garcia had a good game (if only for his vision and football brain) and even josemi looked solid at right back.

rafa's substitutions were a bit weird again - take your one out and out striker off when you need to kill the game?? kewell looked imaginative but a few yards short of match sharpness.

and now i;'m out of thngs to say and typing is too difficult...

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:30 pm

good performances from Alonso, Garcia and Risse tonight, and everyone apart from Josemi and Sissoko were decent. Should of scored more but there keeper was good and we lacked a bit of killer instinct up front, but 3 points away from home is always a good result and now leaves us in a good position in the group.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:40 pm

Alonso14 wrote:
neil wrote:come on kewell, its time.

btw arsenal appear to be interested in kirkland

Wrong thread nutter.

go figure
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby H_K_LFC » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:02 am

3 points and we should qualify with two games to spare....give the players sum rest at least
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:10 am

H_K_LFC wrote:3 points and we should qualify with two games to spare....give the players sum rest at least

Awwwwwww bless em.............. they really need rest dont they?
FFS 65 grand a week and they get tired, I havent got bollox but if I did Id work them off for that would'nt you?
I remember the awl bucket with a sponge, quick rub of the leg and back feckin on that pitch you go, no bleedin out for months injuries, spolit b@stards nowadays.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:17 am

don't know what all the fuss is about really, we p!ssed on them in the first half and got the goal we needed. 2nd half they threw the kitchen sink at us cos they had no other choice but although i'd have liked us to have been a bit calmer they didn't threaten our goal that often when all's said and done

not bothered about anything tonight really, apart from the fact i've run out of beer  :D
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion