BIRMINGHAM CITY vs LIVERPOOL: 26/04/08 3pm - Match build up and Discussion here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:00 pm

dawson99 wrote:
The Manhattan Project wrote:Now Manhattan can relax and watch Villa destroy Everscum tomorrow.

It's unfortunate that Arsebone are playing Derby on Monday, otherwise third place would be within our reach too.

dont get over excited. coming back frmo 2-0 down to birmingham isnt quite party time in the dawson household  :pirate

It is in the Manhattan household.

And by "household" I mean "house I broke into just to watch the football on Sky"

Fourth place is done. Now we can focus on more pressing matters.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:06 pm

The_Rock wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:haven't been watching the game but it looks like lucas is doing terrible, this seems to be the theme for him of late, hope we hold on to Guthrie for a little longer, let them compete straight up against each other.

Have not been impressed with him at all..... A very average player.

Guthrie or Lucas   :p     :D
JoeTerp

Postby lakes10 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:20 pm

Very shocked how bad Voronin was today, I am sure he is a better player than that, he just dont seem to be a Liverpool player right now.

A night on the town with SG might work wonders for him lol.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:29 pm

I don't think I could be shocked by anything the Voronator does, did you see him against Arsenal?
JoeTerp

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:37 pm

JoeTerp wrote:I don't think I could be shocked by anything the Voronator does, did you see him against Arsenal?

I think he's struggling to settle in with the pace of the game.  I bet next season he'll be a lot better (of course that' only if he isn't sold first).

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Toffeehater » Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:52 pm

Did not really bother abt this game and onlyy started watching in the 2nd half . Well were down 1-0 and the foul which led up to their 2nd goal was actually supposed to  be a freekick for us but thats footie . I had this feeling that larsson would score from the free kick and he did . So after that , pennant had a stormer , put in some lovely crosses , beat players so well and what a run to set up the first goal , without him today we would have lost , good finish by crouch also . 2nd goal took abit of luck the header was deflected but a goal is a goal . I have to say plessis did very well , some really good and neat passes , played some nice long balls , if i recall 1 straight to pennant's feet and it was more of a shot . Lucas i reckon was his worst game for LFC , made some decent passes but like most of the team was not in it today . Riise played well also , looked like the only player who wanted to score before pennant stepped up . MOM Pennant

Babel Vs Pennant

Left winger Vs right , clearly they play on different side and the rock suggested that pennant shud start on wenesday , but i beg to differ , if pennant does start in place of who? Babel , he plays on the left whereas pennant plays on the right , pennant may have the skills but babel has the pace and certain skills . So you may argue that both are right footed but babel has been playing left all season and is more familiar with that role then pennant .

Kuyt vs pennant
Both are right wingers but tbh , i rather see kuyt , hard worked and we are going to need that against chelsea at stamford bridge , also he pops up with the odd goal now and then

Pennant has been good in his last 3 games or so and it shows as long as u play a player regularly he performs like hw jermaine has done . He should start the final 2 league games and that would tell us if he deserves another season or not . My vote is yes

Insua , good game for him to get experience , defensively was ok and though he put some good crosses in should also play the last 2 games if we progress into the cl final, roll on the chavs
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:52 pm

Kash_Mountain wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:I don't think I could be shocked by anything the Voronator does, did you see him against Arsenal?

I think he's struggling to settle in with the pace of the game.  I bet next season he'll be a lot better (of course that' only if he isn't sold first).

He will be sold to maybe fulham if they survive , fringe clubs will buy him
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:01 pm

havnt seen any of the game so looking forward to catching it later on motd

running order for tonight, it does say subject to change at the bottom but doubt it will

Chelsea v Man Utd
Man City v Fulham
Birmingham v Liverpool
Spurs v Bolton
Wigan v Reading
Sunderland v Middlesbrough
West Ham v Newcastle
*Subject to change

4th finally put to bed now on to the big one

well done to those who came in today
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby lakes10 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:06 pm

Toffeehater wrote:
Kash_Mountain wrote:

He will be sold to maybe fulham if they survive , fringe clubs will buy him

I think he will be sold but i just feel there is a great player trying to come out....but i dont think it ever will if he stays with us.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:36 pm

Voronin will leave in Summer.

If we need a squad striker, there are older British players who could probably do a better job.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:22 pm

Toffeehater wrote:Did not really bother abt this game and onlyy started watching in the 2nd half . Well were down 1-0 and the foul which led up to their 2nd goal was actually supposed to  be a freekick for us but thats footie . I had this feeling that larsson would score from the free kick and he did . So after that , pennant had a stormer , put in some lovely crosses , beat players so well and what a run to set up the first goal , without him today we would have lost , good finish by crouch also . 2nd goal took abit of luck the header was deflected but a goal is a goal . I have to say plessis did very well , some really good and neat passes , played some nice long balls , if i recall 1 straight to pennant's feet and it was more of a shot . Lucas i reckon was his worst game for LFC , made some decent passes but like most of the team was not in it today . Riise played well also , looked like the only player who wanted to score before pennant stepped up . MOM Pennant

Babel Vs Pennant

Left winger Vs right , clearly they play on different side and the rock suggested that pennant shud start on wenesday , but i beg to differ , if pennant does start in place of who? Babel , he plays on the left whereas pennant plays on the right , pennant may have the skills but babel has the pace and certain skills . So you may argue that both are right footed but babel has been playing left all season and is more familiar with that role then pennant .

Kuyt vs pennant
Both are right wingers but tbh , i rather see kuyt , hard worked and we are going to need that against chelsea at stamford bridge , also he pops up with the odd goal now and then

Pennant has been good in his last 3 games or so and it shows as long as u play a player regularly he performs like hw jermaine has done . He should start the final 2 league games and that would tell us if he deserves another season or not . My vote is yes

Insua , good game for him to get experience , defensively was ok and though he put some good crosses in should also play the last 2 games if we progress into the cl final, roll on the chavs

A decent result considering the hole we dug for ourselves.  Not nearly enough effort from many of the lads, though.  Fair play to Pennant, he was the best player on the park.  As for the idea of maybe giving him a game against Chelsea on Wednesday, IMO, it might be worth a gamble.  I would, however, play him in his natural position and switch Dirk over to the left in place of Babel.  Pennant's run Ashley Cole a little ragged in the past and I think he relishes that match-up.  On the left, Dirk could keep pestering Ferreira into mistakes and also cut inside on his right foot, with Riise providing width on the overlap.  Just a thought.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Dundalk » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:45 pm

Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:49 pm

Bad Bob wrote:On the left, Dirk could keep pestering Ferreira into mistakes and also cut inside on his right foot, with Riise providing width on the overlap.  Just a thought.

Could also help out against Essein
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:18 pm

Bit of a s.hitty game to be honest with you especialy first half.But you expect that when you play the likes of Birmingham. Pennant played well and was our best player with Skytel a close second and then id throw Insua in there played well when he came on,

Anyone who is saying start Pennant on Wed on wing instead of Kuyt ,( i havnt read the thread but i bet you there are loads saying he must start cause he was good today) needs there head testing. Birmingham is not Chelsea and at least Kuyt will track back and help defend, hes got a better engine than Pennant and thats what were gonna need, Poss on the bench.

I got the hump a bit though today as Raffa said in the week players are playing for there 1st team places its up to them if they wanna be considerd well loads of them didnt look interested in the first half just looked like they were going through the motions. Iwas actually made up when we went 2-0 down as it gave them a bit of fight and come the ninty minutes we could of had three points.

That Voronin i dont know who hes kiddin that hes a striker should be got rid of as soon as
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:54 pm

ah well, another poxy draw, another two points dropped on chelsea and another goal from a set peice conceeded :p

seriously though what an embarrassment. The defending at times was like watching a sunday league side not 4 full internationals and one who's only recent retired from international duty. I mean that back 5 today must have nearly 250 international caps between them and they were cut open by James McFadden and Mikele Forssell. Free kick, brilliant. Can't complain about that, was a wonderful goal by Larsson. But it was pretty average to say the least at times.

Midfield, other than Pennant (who I would start against Chelsea) was rather poor. Lucas and Plessis (both young fair enough) but need to perform better if they're going to be reguarlars for a club of our size. Quicker I see the back of Benayoun the better. Other than the ball that hit him and fell back to Pennant for Crouch's goal, I can't remember one successful pass made by Benayoun. Crouch's goal he missed the ball when he meant to shoot, and the goal he's claiming, was on it's way to hitting the corner flag. Not good enough for this club.

Up front. Crouch did well (again) scored (again) and give Benitez a selection problem (again). Voronin on the other hand was shit (again) didn't score (again) and gave Benitez the easy decision of not picking him (again).

Insua looked good when he came on. Very attack minded as well as helping out at the back when needed.

Considering we were two down, 2-2 isn't to bad. Considering the quality we had on that pitch compared to Birmingham, we should never of drew and should never of been 2-0 down to begin with, but these things happen in football. You can't take any game as a given three points, you still have to work hard for it. Again they're fighting for their lives, they're one of our bogey sides and we'd all but cemented fourth before today's game, it's not the end of the world.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion