ANDERLECHT VS LIVERPOOL 19.45 BST - all build up and reaction here please

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 76-1115222408 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:32 am

Seen as no one has bothered to start a thread for the game, thought I would get the ball rolling.

Lets try and keep all related to the game and during game comments here to keep it easier. However, I'm sure though people will no doubt start there own angry or happy threads once the game is over, as is always the case. :D

I think this is a more important game than some are making out for us today. I say this because if we get a victory it puts us in an extremely good position (no matter the score in the Betis/Chelsea game!), mainly because of our excellent result in Spain.
But this for me is why this game is so important, becasue we got a result (at Betis) we may not have expected and should cement the position with a win in a game we would expect a draw as a complete minimum.

Confidence is good in the Champions League for us it seems, and another win will keep that going and hopefully rub off on the players for the weekend visit to Craven Cottage.

Okay, on to the game itself.
Simply I want to see 4-4-2, with Mori/Cisse at the top (Mori needs the run and we need to get Djibs confidence up further!). Would like to see Sissoko partnering Xabi, but wont be surprised to see Didi play the first 60mins, with Momo replacing him.
Apart from that (oh yea, no Kewell STARTING!!!), I just want a strong and confident performance with plenty of oppurtunities for the strikers to.............MISS, no only joking, but I want to see us really play some free flowing football, I've got a feeling its about to kick in (there were glimpses, I repeat, glimpses of that against Blackburn) and there is no better time than against a 'decent' but nothing more than that team.

However, I am not underestimating Anderlecht, as you cant underestimate ANY team in world football these days, be it club or international football. This is shown through recent Euro Champs, World Cups and especially CL, with many 'unfancied' teams doing well and going far in the competition (two that spring to mind Leverkuesen/Monaco etc;).
But anyway I have digressed................

PREDICTION:
Anderlecht 1-3 Liverpool  (Cisse 2, Garcia)

COME ON THE RED MEN

YNWA
76-1115222408

Postby Ciggy » Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:40 am

The lads training yesterday, duno what Carson and Warnock are laughing at  :D
http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source....2&tag=1
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AwiLas » Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:42 am

My score still remains as Anderlecht 0-1 Liverpool(Hyypia 62') as Liverpool needs a break through from set pieces.
AwiLas

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:36 am

I'll go for a 3-0 win with Morientes and Cissé both on the score sheet.
"He is the player that Liverpool have been looking for." - Ian Rush
Fernando Morientes > 19 <
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dward » Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:46 am

2-0 (garcia 12') (cisse 61')

nothing but a win will do. :nod
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:39 am

Will be a reasonably tough game, but with two good results already I don't see it being any different tonight. A draw woudln't be the end of the world, but a win would pretty much assure us of at least 2nd place in the group. We will difficult to break down as usual, and with Morientes and Cisse up front I think we should see a few goals, 2-0 Liverpool.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:42 am

anderlecht have lost all of their last 9 champions league games. so we simply must win and i'm glad to hear the reports that cisse and nando will start up front togther. we have to start showing a ruthless streak and an ability to really go at teams. anderlecht seem like perfect victims.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:28 am

2 magpies in my garden all morning, where gona have a blinder and score a bagfull :buttrock
if not Ill shoot these birds in the morning  :cool:
Last edited by Ciggy on Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:38 am

If you've got three Newcastle fans in your garden Lynds I wouldn't be waiting for the game tonight, I'd be dusting down the old sawn off right now.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:43 am

i've got a good feeling about tonight, i'll stick my neck out and go 3-0 with 2 for cisse and 1 for morientes. anderlecht are there for the taking and tonight's the night :buttrock

ciggy do as bigmick says and get rid of those magpies before they invite gazza round and start singing fog on the tyne :D
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:53 am

Woollyback wrote:ciggy do as bigmick says and get rid of those magpies before they invite gazza round and start singing fog on the tyne :D

PMSL wools  :laugh:

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:08 am

Anderlecht 0 - 3 Liverpool (Morientes 19', 27',69') and tomorrow all Morientes' sins are forgiven.

Chelski 1 - 1 Betis.

Sabre
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:11 am

oye sabre - vienes a barca hoy para ver el partido con nosotros, o que?

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:15 am

If I was a richman lalalalallallalaallaalalaa, I wouldn't love anything more than going to Barcelona to watch the game, but I have to work tomorrow and Barcelona is not that close :) Today I'll have to convince the owner of the bar I use to go that he tunes Liverpool instead of Betis. It would be easier to convince him if the team was Real Madrid, but I'll do my best.

Pero alguna vez fijo que voy, eh? ;)

Sabre
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:51 am

Won't be as easy a game as some are making out I don't think.  Anderlecht will be well up for this at home and don't forget Chelsea struggled to break them down and only won by one goal (a set piece no less).

Having said that we have to be favourites, I agree that Cisse and Morientes need to start.  Crouch has played a hell of a lot of games in a row now, some up front on his own and the England games too, he needs rested.  I think Hamann will come in for either Sissoko or Alonso and Hyypia will come back in for Traore.  Kewell will feature at some point, let's hope he's properly fit this time.

Reina

Finnan        Carra       Hyypia          Warnock

Garcia        Hamann     Alonso            Riise

Cisse        Morientes

I'd like to see Sissoko start but I think Hamann will get the nod tonight.

Cisse and Morientes to score, 0-2 :)
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion