MAN CITY VS LIVERPOOL - match build up, live updates, reaction

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Dannyboy » Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:07 pm

Next game up for the reds is Man city. they are a sound good team with a good manager who has said he has bought ladders to cope with crouchy. what do u guys think the line up should be for example should we start with Crouchy or should Cisse get a run. for me i would like to see Alonso back in and also like to see Crouch start. although Nando is hitting a bit of form i would like to see cisse and Crouch up top.
Dannyboy

Postby JBG » Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:46 pm

This has a 1-0 to City written all over it, I'm afraid.

Our away form in matches following the Champions League has been dreaful and City are not a bad team. Going on the past three years or so a 3 game winning streak has been about as good as we have been before we suffer a pathetic loss.

I think Rafa has identified this and he spke a lot about focusing for the City game in the media last night. If Liverpool win it will be a major step, and will be a monkey off our backs. We have certainly improved this season (despite the slow start) but City on Saturday will be the true yardstick. If we win that I would be greatly impressed.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby H_K_LFC » Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:57 pm

2-1 to l'pool...a jus cant see us losing to man city....could be crouch's first goal in this game
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:01 pm

i'm concerned about this game, in a similar way to i was before we went to spurs. man city are very good at home and we desperately need to keep our good run going. we are defending particularly well recently so if we can keep it tight it's simply a case of whether we can take our chances.

so after all that i'll sit on the fence and go for 1-1. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 66-1120597113 » Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:18 pm

Im also concerned about this game!
The last time i watched a full Man City game was a few weeks ago against Villa
What can i say they tortured Villa that night and played some lovely quick tempo passing football!Also scored a few easy on the eye goals!
Its easy to watch highlights on MOTD and pass judgement but highlights dont give anywhere near the full flavour of the game!But watching Man C lately the one feeling i have before Saturday is that they WILL score.
Our form has been good lately in the prem,if we'd have had this game 4 weeks ago id have been feeling a bit more negative!
I honestly think we'll get a tough 1-1 draw or maybe even nick a 2-1 win!
Cant see us being beaten though!
66-1120597113

Postby *XABIALONSO* » Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:21 pm

i hate playing man city especially away but im looking postive on this one 2-0 us crouch and gerrard
Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that.        BILL SHANKLY
*XABIALONSO*

Postby Ciggy » Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:35 pm

Not lookin forward to this one if Im honest, City are playing well at home and  psycho has them all as fired up as he is .
Cole and Vassell have a good strike partnership, I think Rafa may go 4-5-1 for this one.
I fear a bit of fatigue with us having 3 games in a week.
Our players are much better quality but Pearce has them playing like the bitters last season at the moment.
On paper we should win easy but we know its not going to be the case.
1-0 to us and Id be over the bluemoon.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:39 pm

Not positive about this game. In the past two years they've managed to score the winner in the dying moments of the game.

Secondly they haven't won the last two games and they will be up for this game considering that they're playing at home against European Champions.

Stick with the best team, no need to rotate if there aren't too many injuries. Hopefully Alonso and Garcia will be fit enough to play.
Last edited by A.B. on Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby bigmick » Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:46 pm

I've actually got a hunch that we might put in a bit of a performance here. Unnoticed by almost everybody, we've won 4 from 5 and not conceded a goal. Rafa has pulled us back from the brink of a disappointing season with his ditching of the wholesale changes policy and his return to a 4-4-2. Suddenly everything in the garden seems rosy again and all we lack is a real five star performance to make everybody sit up and take notice. 3-0 Liverpool as we continue our rapid improvement.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:51 pm

in all honesty, and as much as i dont think crouch will score for us .....EVER i have backed him to score first. i think james is due a shocker, and it'll be against us
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:55 pm

i was thinking pretty much the same as i was walking the streets a little while ago. we seem pretty rock solid at the back, very very hard to score against, and our strikers are hitting form (if not the back of the net), hell - even zenden is putting in some good displays. alonso and garcia should be back after their breaks (should i put rests so as not to jinx us with that word?) and we've just got through to the last 16 of the champions league. there's a good vibe about the squad, so i'm expecting a refreshed, energetic performance and a win.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:11 pm

Except theres one thing, we've only won 1 game after a CL game. Our CL hangover is pretty bad to sum it up.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:03 am

The defence has been faultless for 5 games in a row.

1-1. :(
115-1073096938

Postby liamac » Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:06 am

I have a gut feeling that Crouch will finally break his duck and get a goal !! :p   Result ? i think about 2 or 3-1 to us
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby XSD » Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:07 am

JBG wrote:Going on the past three years or so a 3 game winning streak has been about as good as we have been before we suffer a pathetic loss.

Usually I get that same feeling after a short good run of form, that it won't last.
We've been a much better team this season though, and the win against Villa was a big step forward. I think we'll prove a point on Saturday.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion