WEST HAM VS LIVERPOOL - All build up and reaction here please!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 66-1120597113 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:46 pm

Oh and BTW ! Does anyone know why the W Ham fans sing'Im forever blowing bubbles' ?

WTF has that got to do with football??

Maybe its just me but i think theres something very gay about a stadium full of men singing about blowing bubbles! :cool:
66-1120597113

Postby premiership fan » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:48 pm

Guys did you see Rafa's fall on the touchlin:p
premiership fan

Postby kunilson » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:31 am

great result, thought we wasted posession at times and didn't really create much by intelligent passing...excpet for the two goals of course :;):

3 points and the pressure tap is fixed ON.....hope we keep it up.
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby heimdall » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:45 am

I thought it was a solid display all round, I was a bit dissapointed with Stevie though, not one of his better games but hopefully he's saving himself for the bitters :-)

The main thing is the extra 3 points which we got.
heimdall

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:59 am

murphy0151 wrote:
Ciggy wrote:
murphy0151 wrote:I thought Bellamy played the best out of our front three tonight. .

Why what did he do apart from run into the channels and be off side again?

Them channel runs create spaces for other players to run into.  His unselfishniss created chances tonight for others also him getting caught of side, i bet if you watched them back he wouldnt be of side its just that hes so fast he gets pulled back by the blind officals.

Everyone has there own views and mine is Bellamy has been great since that court case.  Anyone else agree? or im I watching a different game?

agree mate, i have never seen bellamy give anything less than 100% in every game, he constantly causes problems for defences, and you are right when you say about his pulling defences leaving space for others.

i get the impression that bellamy would play football for free
112-1077774096

Postby The Manhattan Project » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:10 am

Crappy game, but a good result.

Two sweet goals, although we lost concentration after going two-nil up.

Nevertheless, a good result.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:48 am

Well I don't think it was a cráppy game, I saw a tough first half against a solid team in which our strikers didn't have enough of service, but the game had it's danger so we did well to be solid. Gerrard was very controled through out all the first half. Alonso, although he didn't score, made one of the best first halves in the season, the assist in the second half with the exterior part of the boot, should be shown in the academy to all the lads.

Kuyt has finished the debate  about if he's more than a workhorse. He's not only a decent finisher, but the best of our strikers in mid range shots. A player with that option available is important because the CB will have always doubts about what to do.

Crouch? he did a very good game, but I wouldn't have given him the MOM but to Alonso.

I want also comment that Reina is playing very well as of late. Not with great saves, but doing well the stuff with the legs, he seems to have recovered all the confidence. He's a very good keeper, and just like his doubter appears when he makes a dubious flap, it must be said aswell when he's playing well.

I'm not sure why some of you think we played not very well, we didn't make too many unforced mistakes, the most important one was Rafa's slipping. We could have lost that game if we had gone there at the start of season, tough game, good response, good win.
Last edited by Sabre on Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mattylfc » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:24 am

Really good reault last night, won by two qulaity goals.  Kuyt produced a great strike with hardly any back-lift and Crouch finished off a superb move with a composed finish from a striker full of confidence.

Rafa got the system just right once again. Only time we struggled a bit was when we reverted to pretty much a 4-5-1 and we then struggled to keep the ball.

I wouldnt be surprised if West Ham kicked into gear soon and started putting a run together, they have some good players and are just low on confidence. I think we played them at the right time but either way, it was a very good result.

Bring on the blue scum!
mattylfc

Postby Anfield rapper » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:34 am

Sabre wrote:For those who missed the game or want to watch it again, the torrent is available in mininova

http://www.mininova.org/tor/564112

Cheers Sabre, i must have had the worst stream ever last night. It kept stopping and i ended up missing most of the match. The thing that :censored: me off most though is that i paid £2.30 for it. C*nts! :angry:
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:09 am

A poor first half, which i half expected. West Ham worked hard but i was always confident that if we scored they would have to do more than work hard, and then the spaces would come.
The first goal was a superb strike but other than that Kuyt struggled a bit yesterday and lost posession more than what you would want.
Crouch's goal was fantastic football, after it went in i got a text off me mate saying if Manchester united had just done that with Rooney finishing in that style it would be talked about as one of the goals of the season, and he is right.
Fantastic football at great pace and with a sublime finish.
After we went two up there were a couple of decent chances that could of put the game to bed, then came the blatantly easy to spot offside goal, that andy gray claimed....strikers deserve the benefit of the doubt when its that close, the fact is it wasnt that close, it was obvious to anyone that the player in the centre was ahead of the player cutting it back and even further ahead of our defenders.
The only worrying thing for me was the way the players started to panic when they got the goal back and how wasteful we were in posession, just launching it rather than playing short passes and keeping the ball.
The 3 points are all thats important and after arsenal and united lost there i knew it would be tougher than most were predicting, but all in all very happy.
On a side note i am with peewee and murph regarding Bellamy, i think the lad is a terrific team player, working the channels unselfishly for the team. I would play him as often as possible, lthough it is difficult when Crouch and Kuyt are scoring goals like they did last night.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rimetto_ » Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:31 am

Ace Ventura wrote:A poor first half, which i half expected. West Ham worked hard but i was always confident that if we scored they would have to do more than work hard, and then the spaces would come.
The first goal was a superb strike but other than that Kuyt struggled a bit yesterday and lost posession more than what you would want.
Crouch's goal was fantastic football, after it went in i got a text off me mate saying if Manchester united had just done that with Rooney finishing in that style it would be talked about as one of the goals of the season, and he is right.
Fantastic football at great pace and with a sublime finish.
After we went two up there were a couple of decent chances that could of put the game to bed, then came the blatantly easy to spot offside goal, that andy gray claimed....strikers deserve the benefit of the doubt when its that close, the fact is it wasnt that close, it was obvious to anyone that the player in the centre was ahead of the player cutting it back and even further ahead of our defenders.
The only worrying thing for me was the way the players started to panic when they got the goal back and how wasteful we were in posession, just launching it rather than playing short passes and keeping the ball.
The 3 points are all thats important and after arsenal and united lost there i knew it would be tougher than most were predicting, but all in all very happy.
On a side note i am with peewee and murph regarding Bellamy, i think the lad is a terrific team player, working the channels unselfishly for the team. I would play him as often as possible, lthough it is difficult when Crouch and Kuyt are scoring goals like they did last night.

I agree with the comments about Bellamy, since that ridiculous court case was thrown out he's shown us what he is all about, unselfish forward play that creates space and goals for his fellow forwards.

The second goal was created by him drawing in the defender and then feeding the ball in behind. And not being a stat man I could prove this but i bet when he plays a high number of our chances come from his crossing or runs.

However, I would just like to finish by saying that at the moment our front line has got to be one of the best in the game. They are three very different players that cover all possibilities
Rimetto_

Postby Rimetto_ » Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:36 am

And not being a stat man I couldn't prove this but i bet when he plays a high number of our chances come from his crossing or runs.
[U]
Rimetto_

Postby premiership fan » Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:45 am

I believe that Kuyt can be regular goalscorer next season, something like ruud or henry.
Last edited by premiership fan on Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
premiership fan

Postby RichardLFC1 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:18 pm

premiership fan wrote:I believe that Kuyt can be regular goalscorer next season, something like ruud or henry.

Maybe apart from alonso kuyt has beren rafas best signing since he has came. But Bellamy is looking great too hopefully these 2 are only gelling into the team and next season we can have a great strike force.

This is much better than last season. I know we didnt score alot yesterday but still we have been creating so much and two of our strikers finding the net with Bellamy doing Great aswell.

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby Kopjon » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:23 pm

My only worry with Kuyt is burn out.  For those of you who were at the game, i'm sure you'd agree, i've never seen a striker put in so much work.  If he keeps playing like that he'l be warn out by March!  He reminds me a bit of shearer - what a goal yesterday, what a player.
Kopjon

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion