LIVERPOOL vs WIGAN: 02/01/08 - Build up and Match Discussion

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby holylamb2006 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:23 am

Is it on Tv or are we all going to be watchin some shitty stream

It looks to be a stream i'm afraid :(
holylamb2006

Postby skatesy » Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:36 am

s@int wrote:So you would rather rest them in the FA cup match away, or maybe Middlesbro' away or even the "easy" game against Villa? Or just keep playing them until they drop perhaps? They are all must win games now, this match is at home against a bottom club, if we can't beat them with a rotated team we may as well forget about the league anyway.

I agree and I expect some changes. I expect to see Alonso and Sissoko in the midfield. I don't expect Kewell to start. Maybe Agger will make a return for this game. I also do not think that Torres will play. I am sure it will be Voronin and Crouch or Kuyt.
skatesy

Postby The_Rock » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:08 am

Bamaga man wrote:
The_Rock wrote:eh.......hoping for manhattan to create the match thread...

Agree with your formation except mash has to be in the CM either with alonso or gerrard.

Gerrard and Alonso Combo doesn't work....it didn't work against the worst team in this league...and it certainly won't work against wigan...

So if it is alonso and mash combo with gerrard on the right...or we either drop gerrard or alonso.

Yeah your probably right there Rock, what was I thinking.  :D

Sorry me starting the match thread isnt good enough for you BTW.  :down:

But if we win convincingly.....you have my vote to create the match thread every week....  :D
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:15 am

s@int wrote:So you would rather rest them in the FA cup match away, or maybe Middlesbro' away or even the "easy" game against Villa? Or just keep playing them until they drop perhaps? They are all must win games now, this match is at home against a bottom club, if we can't beat them with a rotated team we may as well forget about the league anyway.

Well...tats what rafa thought about derby and look what almost happened there ?

Our players on the bench are not as good as our 1st teamers......Heck, some of our 1st teamers aren't as good as our key players (Kuyt springs to mind).

I can tell u this for sure...if rafa starts with kuyt and voronin, it does not matter how poor the opposition players are, we will struggle.

And add sissoko ro midfield and riise and babel to the left and right wing positions...and we could end up losing.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby europian-kings » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:31 am

reina

finnan
carragherr
arbeloa
riise

yossi
gerrard
lucas
kewell

voronin
crouch

i would like to see babel and torres upfront but im tryna double guess rafa here.
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby europian-kings » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:34 am

holylamb2006 wrote:
Is it on Tv or are we all going to be watchin some shitty stream

It looks to be a stream i'm afraid :(

yaaaaaaawn
another chinese takeaway will be called apon while me and my big brother watch it  :buttrock
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby 66-1112520797 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:52 am

I'd rather rest them for the F.A cup Saint, if we cant beat another team from a lower division with rotated players ... Cough cough BURNLEY.  :D

Nah in all seriousness, I wouldnt chop the team around to the extent you have, maybe rest Gerrard, then Torres for Luton. But thats about it. We've come unstuck to many times with rotating our players, and this is a very important game, and if we lose with a rotated team. We've not only dropped out of the league in January but Rafa would get slaughtered for it.

Where we can we must keep the pressure on, then the lads can rest in summer like everyone else. I'm hoping for Arsenal to drop points now they've some players on international duty.

I did put a team out at the begininng of this thread, who I'd like to see play.

But this IMO is a sensible rotated team.

Reina

Arbeloa  Carra  Hyypia  Riise

Benayoun Alonso Momo  Kewell

Torres Crouch

Then against Luton change it willy nilly if you dont think that line-ups willy nilly.

:laugh:  Just seen the line up "you think Rafa will play" its not all that different from mine.
Last edited by 66-1112520797 on Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
66-1112520797

Postby MilitiaRusher » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:12 am

Torres looked knackered at the end of the City game so I expect a little rotation, although not a lot because Rafa will be rotating even more for the FA Cup tie against Luton. This is my team for the game:

Reina

Finnan  Carragher  Arbeloa  Aurelio

Gerrard  Alonso  Mascherano  Kewell

Crouch  Voronin

SUBS: Itandje, Torres, Lucas, Benayoun, Babel.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:19 am

Just been reading that Agger and Hyypia are unlikely to be fit for todays game. I have real concerns about Arbeloa playing at CB today. Against City it wasn't too bad as Vassell is not much of a threat in the air, but Heskey as we all know is a big strong lad and will obviously target Arbeloa. Hopefully Wigan won't see enough of the ball for it to matter, but if they do, I can see our back line struggling.

I would like to see us playing a very high line at the back today, with Reina acting as sweeper on any through balls. Arbeloa is faster than both Hyypia and Agger and we should try to use his pace to our advantage.
account deleted by request

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:39 am

I think we can afford to rest Gerrard for this one.  He looked burned out in the last game.  But Torres must start, because we may need his magic if they sit back.

My team against Wigan...

Reina
  Finnan,Arbeloa,Carragher,Aurelio
Benayoun,Alonso,Mascherano,Kewell
               Voronin,Torres
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby Seano Kop » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:51 am

REINA
Arbeloa                  Carragher    Hyypia                        Riise

Yossi                     Gerrard      Mash                         Kewell

Torres      Kuyt
Last edited by Seano Kop on Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seano Kop

Postby mungi » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:18 am

titus bramble v torres. my mouth is watering with this delightful contest
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LittleHobo » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:19 pm

i worry for us today

rafa will rotate and heskey is back

heskey up against carragher and arbeloa, i dont fancy that prospect from corners and crosses
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:22 pm

I just cant agree to the people who want us to field a weaker team just because we are playing Wigan.  The one thing I have learnt from this season is we do not have the strength in depth we all thought we had.  We are just not that good without our best 11 on the pitch.

Players like Voronin, Kuyt and Sissoko are just not good enough for Liverpool (in my opinion).

In the Premiership we must play our best available team or face another 4th and 20 points behind the eventual winners.

so..

Reina
Finnan Carra Arbeloa Aurelio
Yossi  Gerrard  Mascha  Kewell
           Torres  Crouch

or

Reina
Finnan Carra Arbeloa  Aurelio
Gerrard  Alonso  Mascha  Kewell
           Babel
               Torres
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby lakes10 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:08 pm

I might be on my own on this but i feel that SHOULD be a sub tonigt, I think that so many games over xmas has been a bit much for him, put him on at 60 mins and he might be sharp again. in the last two game he has only had 20 mins of good footbal (when he got the goal). Since then he has looked a bit down.

REINA
Arbeloa                  Carragher    Hyypia                        Riise

Yossi                     Gerrard      Mash                         Kewell

Crouch        Voronin

subs

Torres  Babel  Aurelio

could turn out to be a hard game but we should win by at least 2 or 3.
Last edited by lakes10 on Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion