LIVERPOOL VS WEST HAM UNITED - All the build up and reaction here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 48-1119859832 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:38 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:I wonder why the dickheads who were overreacting to our draw at Sheff Utd aren't now saying we're certs to win the fecker!?!

Erm..Because we aren't and let's get past West Ham before being the cocky p.rick. I doubt you'll be singing the same tune if we fail to be beat West ham.
48-1119859832

Postby dawson99 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:41 pm

Bellamy first goal... if i was a betting man. this is a must win game already, and i really think we will win it, 3-0
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:47 pm

im not 100% sure about the west ham game tbh...it aint going to be a picnic. but its a must win thats for certain.

ill go for

reina

finnan  agger  hyypia  aurelio

gerrard  alonso  zenden  gonzalez

bellamy

crouch

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby The_Rock » Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:48 pm

red37 wrote:im not 100% sure about the west ham game tbh...it aint going to be a picnic. but its a must win thats for certain.

ill go for

reina

bellamy

crouch

Dropping gerrard ???

For me, same team with gerrard in for zenden.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:49 pm

The_Rock wrote:
red37 wrote:im not 100% sure about the west ham game tbh...it aint going to be a picnic. but its a must win thats for certain.

ill go for

reina

bellamy

crouch

Dropping gerrard ???

he can only play in one position :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby red37 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:51 pm

i havnt dropped gerrard...the reason ive played him out wide is to help nullify koncheskys forays. plus he can swing balls in for PC to supply the runners.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby The_Rock » Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:53 pm

stmichael wrote:
The_Rock wrote:

ill go for

reina

bellamy

crouch

Dropping gerrard ???

Too much beer.......  :p

- pennant for zenden
- gerrard in the centre

that will be my team.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:02 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:I wonder why the dickheads who were overreacting to our draw at Sheff Utd aren't now saying we're certs to win the fecker!?!

It's not an overreaction Lando to say the result and performance at sheffield united was a huge disappointment. No doubt there will be other disappointments in the season to come and it won't be an overreaction to point those out either.
It seems almost inconcieveable that come the end of the season, when we are in all likleyhood the only club in the top six to have dropped points at Bramhall lane that we won't regret the lethargy of our performance there. The result of one game for sure doesn't mean we can't win the league or gain automatic Champions League qualification, but similarly defeat at middlesboro for Chelsea doesn't mean that those two points, frivolously tossed away won't come back to haunt us.
It's worth considering where we'll be should we win tomorrow, which I think we will. Four points from two games and not too bad. Defeat at either Everton or Chelsea however would mean the best we could possibly achieve for our first four games would be seven points, and to get that we'd have to win at one or the other of those grounds. A loss at Chelsea and a draw at Everton would leave us on five points should we win tomorrow and I venture the start wouldn't look quite so healthy then.
Of course there are variables upon variables and we are best off sticking to certainties. I give you this one. Manchester United, Arsenal and Chelsea will all win at Bramhall lane. Therefore, it's a disappointment if we don't also.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kukilon » Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:29 pm

The_Rock wrote:
stmichael wrote:
The_Rock wrote:

ill go for

reina

bellamy

crouch

Dropping gerrard ???

Too much beer.......  :p

- pennant for zenden
- gerrard in the centre

that will be my team.

That would be my first eleven also.

After 65minutes I would sub Crouch for Kuyt and Bellamy for Fowler if needed.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby lfcwonderboy » Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:01 pm

i hear they will be a live stream for the game on http://www.lfcland.tk/
lfcwonderboy

Postby davo_LFC » Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:04 pm

bigmick wrote:

It's not an overreaction Lando to say the result and performance at sheffield united was a huge disappointment. No doubt there will be other disappointments in the season to come and it won't be an overreaction to point those out either.
It seems almost inconcieveable that come the end of the season, when we are in all likleyhood the only club in the top six to have dropped points at Bramhall lane that we won't regret the lethargy of our performance there. The result of one game for sure doesn't mean we can't win the league or gain automatic Champions League qualification, but similarly defeat at middlesboro for Chelsea doesn't mean that those two points, frivolously tossed away won't come back to haunt us.
It's worth considering where we'll be should we win tomorrow, which I think we will. Four points from two games and not too bad. Defeat at either Everton or Chelsea however would mean the best we could possibly achieve for our first four games would be seven points, and to get that we'd have to win at one or the other of those grounds. A loss at Chelsea and a draw at Everton would leave us on five points should we win tomorrow and I venture the start wouldn't look quite so healthy then.
Of course there are variables upon variables and we are best off sticking to certainties. I give you this one. Manchester United, Arsenal and Chelsea will all win at Bramhall lane. Therefore, it's a disappointment if we don't also.

i reckon they might sneak a draw from arsenal meself mick  :D
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby Kev Huyton 2006 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:34 pm

I think it will be a close result.

probably one goal in it. You could say we are much better than them, but they are good, well organised, and will give us a game.

probably 1-0 or 2-1. maybe more but depends if the Liverpool who played sheff utd turn up, or the Real LFC.

:D
Kev Huyton 2006

Postby MaccaLFC » Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:38 pm

Stevie must play in the centre tomorrow, surely.

Don't bank on it though, we have the new tinkerman!

I think with the two wingers playing in Pennant & Gonzalez, we'll have nice width, and with WH full backs bombing forward as they do, there should be a lot of space.

Kuyt & Bellers up top.

Come on Rafa, let me guess the right team, hasn't happened since last year.:angry:
Der der der der der der der derrr!
MaccaLFC

Postby davo_LFC » Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:04 am

Well heres my guess for the team:

-------------------riena------------------
---finnan-----hyypia-----agger-----aurielo

---pennant----stevieG---xabi-----gonzales

--------------crouchy----bellamy-----------

that would be the team i'd start with but i have a sneaky feeling that kuyt might start with crouchy.

am goin for 3-1

crouch
xabi
debut goal for kuyt
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby MaccaLFC » Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:10 am

These early wake ups on a Saturday are out of order, we kick off in about 12 hours!
Der der der der der der der derrr!
MaccaLFC

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion